Xanax keeping me awake at night?
    kuplo is offline Junior Member

Default Xanax keeping me awake at night?

Im wondering if taking a 2mg xanax every 3 or 4 hour during the evening along with massive qantities of espresso is what is keeping me up 24 hours long.

Like tonight I have to pulll an all nighter at wokr to account for some large "misplaced" money from one of my clients (it's in their books somewhere), and I know if I just drink a cup of espresso every hour or so, I'll be ready to fall asleeep at my desk before 3, where as if I take the xnanax every 3 or 4 hour, starting at 10 pm, I'll be up until the sun comes up and still be functioning the next day but a bit slower, but I do have to account for this missing money by tomnmorrow niht and I have classes tomorrrow so its al all night thing tonight to find and account for it.

P.S. I find that if I take a 2mg tab before going to school I can drive 50mph for the 12 miles, wherease I took my normal 2mg tab this morning before driving into LA, and found that I owned at least 2 lanes. I pulled over after 40 miles and got something to eat and was fine for about 60 more miles, then I found myself starting to swerve a little more, so I pulled over, ate something again and was fine for the last 20 o or 30 miles.

Ths mornorning I only toook 1/4 of a tab and had to pull over twice on the 15 mile drive to fall asleep and take a nap.

Strange, It seems the more that I consome over xx hours the more awak I am.

Casey55 is offline Member

>>>Strange, It seems the more that I consome over xx hours the more awake I am.>>>

Me too! But, I know mine is because of the meds I am on. They also cause abnormal dreams and I have bad dreams or nightmares every night. I put if with it because they meds are working well for what I am taking them for, but it does wear me down and sometimes I don't know how much longer I can take it. I only sleep about 3 hours a night, and I am glad because if I sleep, I have the bad dreams and then have to deal with the flash backs from them the next day, until I have another one. If it were possible, I would never sleep.

Yes, inability to fall asleep is a more common side effect of Xanax. There are lots of other good antianxiety meds out there that you could try if this is a problem for you. Talk to your psychiatrist and see what they suggest. Sometimes these meds are just trial and error.

http://www.healthsquare.com/newrx/xan1491.htm -Xanax

Side effects of Xanax are usually seen at the beginning of treatment and disappear with continued medication. However, if dosage is increased, side effects will be more likely.

More common side effects may include:
    Abdominal discomfort, abnormal involuntary movement, agitation, allergies, anxiety, blurred vision, chest pain, confusion, constipation, decreased or increased sex drive, depression, diarrhea, difficult urination, dream abnormalities, drowsiness, dry mouth, fainting, fatigue, fluid retention, headache, hyperventilation (too frequent or too deep breathing), inability to fall asleep, increase or decrease in appetite, increased or decreased salivation, impaired memory, irritability, lack of or decreased coordination, light-headedness, low blood pressure, menstrual problems, muscular twitching, nausea and vomiting, nervousness, painful menstruation, palpitations, rapid heartbeat, rash, restlessness, ringing in the ears, sedation, sexual dysfunction, skin inflammation, speech difficulties, stiffness, stuffy nose, sweating, tiredness/sleepiness, tremors, upper respiratory infections, weakness, weight gain or loss

Less common or rare side effects may include:
    Abnormal muscle tone, arm or leg pain, concentration difficulties, dizziness, double vision, fear, hallucinations, hot flushes, inability to control urination or bowel movements, infection, itching, joint pain, loss of appetite, muscle cramps, muscle spasticity, rage, seizures, shortness of breath, sleep disturbances, slurred speech, stimulation, talkativeness, taste alterations, temporary memory loss, tingling or pins and needles, uninhibited behavior, urine retention, weakness in muscle and bone, yellow eyes and skin

Side effects due to decrease or withdrawal from Xanax or Xanax XR:
    Anxiety, blurred vision, decreased concentration, decreased mental clarity, depression, diarrhea, headache, heightened awareness of noise or bright lights, hot flushes, impaired sense of smell, insomnia, loss of appetite, loss of reality, muscle cramps, nervousness, rapid breathing, seizures, tingling sensation, tremor, twitching, weight loss

kuplo is offline Junior Member

Well, I think I've hit a few of the lesser side effects.

My DR had me on Diovan HCT, but if I had to go urinate and the toilet was only 10 steps away I would start to leak, it was the same with bowel movements, he attritubed it to the Diovan HCT and put me back on just regular Diovan.

I get slurred speach with what my DR calls a normal dosage, 3 to 4 2mg pills a day, its obvious to me that my speech is slurred and people let me know about it. I also have joint pains but usually only after sleeeping, then my hip joints hurt like heck, but after caning mysself around the house it usually goes away, but my leg muscles seeem obviously weaker throughout the day while my arm and hand muscles seem normal, I also get temporary memory loss, but thats pretty much over now that Im following a proper schedule of taking the pills, I was taking 4mg when I got up in the am, and wouldnt have a sort of amnesia of what was going on for about 6 to 8 hours.

I can only hope that i can get some weight loss out of this, Im hardly hungry anymore, but I eat sensibly, but whereas before I could eat 3 slices of pizza, now If I let myself, I could eat the whole pizza to myself, but I try not to do that since I also need to loose about 80lbs. I think one of the reasons the DR put me on them was 1. until the lexapro kicks in, and 2, to stop my overdrinking, I would often consume 325L of whiskey every night of the year, since I've been on the xanax I havn't had a drop nor the desire to.

Thanks for the information, it's given me something to discuss with my DR on friday.

DDenise is offline Junior Member

I thought I was the only person in the world this happens to! I went and talked to a doctor a few months back about different things I took would either slow me down or speed me up.If I was to take a diet pill,hit of speed or even a hit of meth, I would actually fall asleep thirty or thirty-five minutes later, if I was to take ambian,elavil,xanax or any downer, I would speed up. The doctor tells me, some people have opposite reaction. I know I certainly do! If I drink coffee or soft drinks, I'll be asleep within minutes. Weird,huh? Anyway, becareful driving and hope you find the misplaced money.

Danabdrmys01@aol.com

msnoopy79 is offline New Member

iVE BEEN aDDICTED TO xanax FOR 11 YRS.IM ONLY 26.IM NOT a DOCTOR.i DONT EVEN HaVE a HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA.I aM VERY STREET SMaRT THOUGH aND KNOW aBOUT a LOT OF DRUGS.aND I DO KNOW THaT TaKING xaNAx WITH EXPRESSO WILL SPEED YOUR HEaRT UP aND SLOW IT DOWN.u SHOULD NOT MIX thaT.xaNaX IS HIGHLY adDICTIVE.i SUFFER FROM SEVERE MEMORY LOSS,aND C2A1NNOT CONCENTRaTE.aLSO yoU SHOULD NEVER DRIVE ON THaT HIGH OF a DOSaGE DEPENDING ON wHAT YOUR BODY IS USED TO.IF YOU CaNT STaY aWaKE TaKE aN OVER THE COUNTER CaFFINE PILL.STaYING aWakE SO LONG WITH alL THat STUFF IN YOUR SYSTEM CaN'T BE gOOD FOR YOU.I WOULDNT RECOMEND XaNAX TO MY WORST ENEMY!SORRY FOR THE TYPING MY KEYBOaRD IS BROKE.

snoopy