Xanax and drug tests
    Jenny40 is offline New Member

Default Xanax and drug tests

Does anyone know how long xanax can be detected in a one time use of 5mg? My pharmacist said two weeks at most but I have read anywhere from 3 days to 2 months- I saw a post online, old post were a member by the name of Robert said 11 to 12 days and he seems to be in all of the posts! I hope that's a good sign

iloerose is offline Platinum Member

Xanax has a very short half life. If Robert was referring to xanax, he's probably pretty accruate, which is on target with your pharmacist. I hope if you're afraid of the drug test showing positive you quit playing with this drug. Xanax is extremely addicting and extremely dangerous to quit. It makes >>>>>> withdrawal look like a cakewalk. Stay away from all benzo drugs. Live your life and learn to deal with your anxiety w/o drugs.

Iloerose

Quote Originally Posted by iloerose View Post
    Xanax has a very short half life. If Robert was referring to xanax, he's probably pretty accruate, which is on target with your pharmacist. I hope if you're afraid of the drug test showing positive you quit playing with this drug. Xanax is extremely addicting and extremely dangerous to quit. It makes >>>>>> withdrawal look like a cakewalk. Stay away from all benzo drugs. Live your life and learn to deal with your anxiety w/o drugs.

Iloerose
    Thanks, no I never take them or anything for that matter but my boyfriend and I had some problems and I was having horrible stress, it was the weekend of the 1st- I'm just so worried bc a lot of people say 30 days but a lot of people say a week?? Thanks for replying- I'm freaking out a bit!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny40 View Post
    Thanks, no I never take them or anything for that matter but my boyfriend and I had some problems and I was having horrible stress, it was the weekend of the 1st- I'm just so worried bc a lot of people say 30 days but a lot of people say a week?? Thanks for replying- I'm freaking out a bit!!
    I really hope the pharmacist is correct- this is an important job, granted its my fault for being careless but it was a one time thing!!

SuzieOf is offline Member

I have heard that most places use the least expensive test and that doesn't show up as much as the more expensive ones. I've only had to do it once when I was going to my sub doctor. We had to roll a dice and if it came up 6 we had to take a drug test. One day I rolled a 6 and I had taken a half of a 10mg. valium the night before. This is much like xanax but I believe the half life is longer. I was sure he would kick me out but much to my amazement on my next appointment he said I passed. I was so relieved that before I knew it I had confessed to taking the half valium to sleep and he wrote me a non drug prescription for sleep and that was that. I would not worry and just be sure to not do any more. If worse comes to worse you could always contest it because they do make mistakes on those tests and ask to take another one and by this time it should be out of your system.

Quote Originally Posted by SuzieOf View Post
    I have heard that most places use the least expensive test and that doesn't show up as much as the more expensive ones. I've only had to do it once when I was going to my sub doctor. We had to roll a dice and if it came up 6 we had to take a drug test. One day I rolled a 6 and I had taken a half of a 10mg. valium the night before. This is much like xanax but I believe the half life is longer. I was sure he would kick me out but much to my amazement on my next appointment he said I passed. I was so relieved that before I knew it I had confessed to taking the half valium to sleep and he wrote me a non drug prescription for sleep and that was that. I would not worry and just be sure to not do any more. If worse comes to worse you could always contest it because they do make mistakes on those tests and ask to take another one and by this time it should be out of your system.
    I've taken 3 at home tests and passed but their sending me to a hospital for this test!!???