Xanax
    haze29az is offline New Member

Default Xanax

Hiyas! I was wondering if anyone else suffers with insomima i take a 1/2mg a day. Anyone?

livid is offline Member

yes I have trouble sleeping often. But I take xanax recreationally for the most part, besides for the obvious anxiety I have and am given it for. I find myself taking 1 mg around noon usually, at least three times a week while working. Usually drop a 2 on the weekends.

addict8 is offline Junior Member

quote:Originally posted by haze29az

Hiyas! I was wondering if anyone else suffers with insomima i take a 1/2mg a day. Anyone?
    quote: Origanally posted by livid
    yes I have trouble sleeping often. But I take xanax recreationally for the most part, besides for the obvious anxiety I have and am given it for. I find myself taking 1 mg around noon usually, at least three times a week while working. Usually drop a 2 on the weekends.
    I have quite an ordel every night getting to sleep but this is due to the fact that I have used and still used Benzodiazepines in a very ubrupt manner. For instance tak a look in the othe Xanax forum for my post, but regarding insomnia Xanax is not the drug to treat this disorder, something more along the lines of Largactyl(Chlorpromazine) or Seraquel will definetly at least slow you down big time. My dosage on largactyl was varied between 100-800mg at night, every night, when I was on seraquel i was taking 200mg-400mg but this drug in some people at even this dosage can cause hallucinations, breathing difficulties, I'm not a G.P. of any kind but if you really have a ****ty day and can't sleep for the life of yourselfs don't do what I did in the other Xanax forum.

<===========================>

HighingFly is offline New Member

Hey guys. Could you tell me how long Xanax stays in your system. I took a .25 mg Xanax on Thursday evening, and I found out on Friday that I have to take a urine screen this evening (Monday). I took such a small amount it probably won't show up. Can anyone tell me if they had experiences with this?

Thanks,
    G

kuplo is offline Junior Member

Im talomg 4mg when i wake up and take the rest of my prescription (560mg diovan, 1 lexapro, 1 cholesterol/tricyyceride) during the day I may take 1more xananx 2mg in t h oaftrnoon then right before bed (maybe 15 to 30min) I take 1 2m broken in haolf to make it a 1mg xanax and I sleep like a baby. Often times (like last ngit, I fell asleep sitting up on the couch and didnt wake up untill 8:45 (but when I woke up I thought it was 8:56pm an tried to wake up my martner who was sleeping in our bed tellig him it was 8:30 at night. (couldnt get him up for the life of him and he doesnt take any meds, just stays up late playing video games) Only when I showered and got dressed and turned back on the television did I realize that it was not 830pm but rather 930am. So I slept like a baby from about 10am till 8:30 which is the most untruted sleep I've gotten in the past 14 years. (just got to makse sure go to the bathroom right before sleep) *usually IM in bed by 10 or 11pm and up every hour or so, or atleast toss and turn to wake me up every hour or so) and am usually awake by 3:30am and cant fall back to sleep (one good thing, I get lots of quiet housework done at that time, a bit slow, but still.

So for me I sleep very well on xanax. I dont kjow what the outcome of sleep would be if I Lowered the dosage any though. I attempted ambien, but it kept me awayke for the first 40 min to an hour and then only gave me about 4 hours of solid sleep. I also tried dalmane, but that while letting me sleep for about 5 hours or so made me wake up with worse of a hangover then a full bottle of whisiey.

P.S. I was also prescrived xanax to help me help me from consuming 375L of whskey a night. It may not be the right medication for that, but I find that when Im on Xanax I have no desire to drink alcohol of any kind. So far its been 3 nights without any alcohol.

I thnk the worst part of xanax is the lack of coordination and shuffling of the feet during the day, but Im lookin ginto getting a cane to help me walk and stabalize myself when I fel really uncoordinated and dont feel liie falling on face in the middle of s store shopping.

addict8 is offline Junior Member

I drop 6 a morning and that's just for anxiety, 2mg.

<===========================>

so_bell is offline New Member

quote:Originally posted by kuplo

Im talomg 4mg when i wake up and take the rest of my prescription (560mg diovan, 1 lexapro, 1 cholesterol/tricyyceride) during the day I may take 1more xananx 2mg in t h oaftrnoon then right before bed (maybe 15 to 30min) I take 1 2m broken in haolf to make it a 1mg xanax and I sleep like a baby. Often times (like last ngit, I fell asleep sitting up on the couch and didnt wake up untill 8:45 (but when I woke up I thought it was 8:56pm an tried to wake up my martner who was sleeping in our bed tellig him it was 8:30 at night. (couldnt get him up for the life of him and he doesnt take any meds, just stays up late playing video games) Only when I showered and got dressed and turned back on the television did I realize that it was not 830pm but rather 930am. So I slept like a baby from about 10am till 8:30 which is the most untruted sleep I've gotten in the past 14 years. (just got to makse sure go to the bathroom right before sleep) *usually IM in bed by 10 or 11pm and up every hour or so, or atleast toss and turn to wake me up every hour or so) and am usually awake by 3:30am and cant fall back to sleep (one good thing, I get lots of quiet housework done at that time, a bit slow, but still.

So for me I sleep very well on xanax. I dont kjow what the outcome of sleep would be if I Lowered the dosage any though. I attempted ambien, but it kept me awayke for the first 40 min to an hour and then only gave me about 4 hours of solid sleep. I also tried dalmane, but that while letting me sleep for about 5 hours or so made me wake up with worse of a hangover then a full bottle of whisiey.

P.S. I was also prescrived xanax to help me help me from consuming 375L of whskey a night. It may not be the right medication for that, but I find that when Im on Xanax I have no desire to drink alcohol of any kind. So far its been 3 nights without any alcohol.

I thnk the worst part of xanax is the lack of coordination and shuffling of the feet during the day, but Im lookin ginto getting a cane to help me walk and stabalize myself when I fel really uncoordinated and dont feel liie falling on face in the middle of s store shopping.
    Kuplo,,, Have you ever actually proofed this reply when you were not "out of it?" (or that is the way that it looks) don't you agree?
    You spelled xanax,,,"xananx" for only one example,,,,,,I am sorry,
    not being rude,, but I think you really need help!! Seriously!

msnoopy79 is offline New Member

HI.I DO HaVE TROUBLE SLEEPING.I DONT SLEEP WITH OUT a PILL IN MY SYSTEM.I REaLLY WaNT TO SLEEP NaTRUL aGaIN.THE THING aBOUT XaNaX IS THE ARE VERY aDDICTIVE.YOU WILL FIND YOUR SELF GOING FROM a HaLF TO 1 aND BECOME DEPENDaNT ON THEM. I TOOK THEM FOR FUN aT 16.NEVER STOPPED.I WENT aS FAR aS GETTING THEM prescribed.tHE WITHDRaW IS HERENDIS.IM CURRENTLY WEaNING MYSELF OFF.i NOW TaKE 2-3 a WEEK.I FOUND aMBIEN TO BE THE BEST SLEEP aID aND IT HELPED ME sTOP THE XaNaX.ITS aLSO NON aDDICTIVE.iVE SUFFERED SUVERE MEMORY LOSS.among other problems>please take my advice and stop the xanax as soon as possible try ambien

snoopy

msnoopy79 is offline New Member

quote:Originally posted by HighingFly

Hey guys. Could you tell me how long Xanax stays in your system. I took a .25 mg Xanax on Thursday evening, and I found out on Friday that I have to take a urine screen this evening (Monday). I took such a small amount it probably won't show up. Can anyone tell me if they had experiences with this?

Thanks,
    G
    HI IF YOUR NOT a XaNax USER I THINK ITS 72 HOURS

snoopy

cndyb08 is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by haze29az View Post
    yes i do the xanx don't work for sleep with but lunsta does really good

rastasoljah is offline New Member

Default xanax

I Have Been Battling W/panic Attacks Now For 4 Years. It Seems To Run In My Family, Both Sisters And Mother. I've Tried Paxil, Celexa,remeron,effexir And Presently Taking Zoloft. I've Had Alot Of Different Side Effects From Them All That Were Not Worth The Agony. The Side Effect From The Zoloft Is No Sex Drive And Extremely Tired All The Time, Yet Can't Sleep At Night. My Dr Prescribed Trazodone For Sleep And It Makes Me Nauseated And Still Doesn't Keep Me Asleep Through The Night. The Only Relief I Ever Have Is When I Take Xanax, Which Is One Week Before My Menstrual Cycle And Occasional For Anxiety And When I Wake Up In The Night With Extreme Racy Heart. So I Would Average Maybe 10 Xanax A Month. I Was Prescribed Them In The Last 9 Months Averaging 20 A Month And Now To 10. My Doctor Is Reluctant To Keep Prescribing Them To Me, I Assume Because Of Long Term Use.

My Sister Was Taking Them For A Period Of 5 Years With An Average Of 3-5 A Month, And Recently Stopped From Just Not Needing Them Anymore. I've Read About Dangers W/long Term Use And Addiction. My Sister Didn't Suffer From Any Addiction Or Other Problems From Taking It For 5 Years. I'm So Tired Of The Suffering And Bouncing Around From One Medication To Another, And The Xanax Is The Only Relief I Ever Get With Absolutely No Side Effects. Can You Please Give Me Some Advice On The Xanax, The Long Term Use Of It, And With The Small Amounts I'm Taking If I Just Need To Find Another Dr That's Comfortable With Prescribing It To Me? I've Done The Pshycologist Thing And Had Some Progress With It Along W/the Prescription For Xanax. But I've Moved To A Different State And Having Trouble Finding One That's Compatible W/me. I'm Obviously Not Addicted To The Xanax Other Wise I'd Need To Take It More Often Right? So Why Is My Dr Reluctant To Keep Prescribing It To Me. What Are The Dangers Of Long Term Use With Presently Taking 10 A Month? Please Help!!! Do You Ever Get Over The Panick Attacks? The Zoloft Has Relieved Me From The Full Blown Panick Attacks That Consist Of Terrible Trembling Heart Pounding So Hard Feel Like I'm Having A Heart Attack And Then Fainting. I Still From Time To Time Have A Racy Heart And Have Terrible Mood Swings A Week Before My Menstrual Cycle And The Xanax Is The Only Thing That Really Helps So With All Of This Info Please Tell Me What You Think!!

rastasoljah is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by rastasoljah View Post
    I Have Been Battling W/panic Attacks Now For 4 Years. It Seems To Run In My Family, Both Sisters And Mother. I've Tried Paxil, Celexa,remeron,effexir And Presently Taking Zoloft. I've Had Alot Of Different Side Effects From Them All That Were Not Worth The Agony. The Side Effect From The Zoloft Is No Sex Drive And Extremely Tired All The Time, Yet Can't Sleep At Night. My Dr Prescribed Trazodone For Sleep And It Makes Me Nauseated And Still Doesn't Keep Me Asleep Through The Night. The Only Relief I Ever Have Is When I Take Xanax, Which Is One Week Before My Menstrual Cycle And Occasional For Anxiety And When I Wake Up In The Night With Extreme Racy Heart. So I Would Average Maybe 10 Xanax A Month. I Was Prescribed Them In The Last 9 Months Averaging 20 A Month And Now To 10. My Doctor Is Reluctant To Keep Prescribing Them To Me, I Assume Because Of Long Term Use.

xanaxlonglife.awardspace.com/sitemap.html

My Sister Was Taking Them For A Period Of 5 Years With An Average Of 3-5 A Month, And Recently Stopped From Just Not Needing Them Anymore. I've Read About Dangers W/long Term Use And Addiction. My Sister Didn't Suffer From Any Addiction Or Other Problems From Taking It For 5 Years. I'm So Tired Of The Suffering And Bouncing Around From One Medication To Another, And The Xanax Is The Only Relief I Ever Get With Absolutely No Side Effects. Can You Please Give Me Some Advice On The Xanax, The Long Term Use Of It, And With The Small Amounts I'm Taking If I Just Need To Find Another Dr That's Comfortable With Prescribing It To Me? I've Done The Pshycologist Thing And Had Some Progress With It Along W/the Prescription For Xanax. But I've Moved To A Different State And Having Trouble Finding One That's Compatible W/me. I'm Obviously Not Addicted To The Xanax Other Wise I'd Need To Take It More Often Right? So Why Is My Dr Reluctant To Keep Prescribing It To Me. What Are The Dangers Of Long Term Use With Presently Taking 10 A Month? Please Help!!! Do You Ever Get Over The Panick Attacks? The Zoloft Has Relieved Me From The Full Blown Panick Attacks That Consist Of Terrible Trembling Heart Pounding So Hard Feel Like I'm Having A Heart Attack And Then Fainting. I Still From Time To Time Have A Racy Heart And Have Terrible Mood Swings A Week Before My Menstrual Cycle And The Xanax Is The Only Thing That Really Helps So With All Of This Info Please Tell Me What You Think!!
    xanaxlonglife.awardspace.com/sitemap.html

luckybutt is offline New Member

Default xanax is for aniexty

Quote Originally Posted by haze29az View Post
    xanax is for aniexty- not sleep,
    i know i've been on it for years

i dont know your whole story-
    but seroquell is good for sleep
    or lunesta works really good, only bad thing is nasty taste in mouth
    hope i helped some

Maxpower is offline Member

Try taking Sonata, it is a hypnotic that doesnt leave you groggy the next day. Xanax is not a good choice for sleep imo.

bmw3m3cha is offline New Member

Cool about my expr. w ambien

[QUOTE=msnoopy79;103202]HI.I DO HaVE TROUBLE SLEEPING.I DONT SLEEP WITH OUT a PILL IN MY SYSTEM.I REaLLY WaNT TO SLEEP NaTRUL aGaIN.THE THING aBOUT XaNaX IS THE ARE VERY aDDICTIVE.YOU WILL FIND YOUR SELF GOING FROM a HaLF TO 1 aND BECOME DEPENDaNT ON THEM. I TOOK THEM FOR FUN aT 16.NEVER STOPPED.I WENT aS FAR aS GETTING THEM prescribed.tHE WITHDRaW IS HERENDIS.IM CURRENTLY WEaNING MYSELF OFF.i NOW TaKE 2-3 a WEEK.I FOUND aMBIEN TO BE THE BEST SLEEP aID aND IT HELPED ME sTOP THE XaNaX.ITS aLSO NON aDDICTIVE.iVE SUFFERED SUVERE MEMORY LOSS.among other problems>please take my advice and stop the xanax as soon as possible try ambien

in response to the above.

ambien works better at putting you asleep. but tryin to sleep without it is the same as you described with xanax.. you become dependant on ambien to put you to sleep and it works well for a while but then you start staying up on it and beilieve me.. do some wierd stuff.. read the boards on crazy things people do under influence of ambien.. it's freakin hilarious.. anyways.. ambien is habit forming and you will end up having to increase dosage to make it work.. but once you've gotten used to it and it doesnt make you sleep anymore it's a really fun high. if you stay awake on it! i take it before goin out at night and i always have an amazing time! but you wont remember a whole lot.. like lots of alcohol without all the alcohol hangover symptoms.

if you're quitting ambien.. i would suggent benadryl, dramamine, melatonin, muscle relaxer, and phenergan. or xanax or trazadone.. hah.. they all make me sleepy.