Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree263Likes
Wrapping up 2 weeks!
    Comeback Kid is offline Member

Default Wrapping up 2 weeks!

I would just like to say a big thanks to all who have been supportive. This forum has been my meetings until i can find one. And let me tell you, its just as therapeutic. All the support from this community has really made a difference in my recovery. I have a whole new outlook on life. Im in it for the long haul baby!

Y'all take care. And to those fighting, DONT stop. Keep fighting the good fight.

edit: And as for how I feel at 14 days. I feel absolutely incredible. Its amazing what 2 weeks can do. The last couple of days have been the best. I was really fighting the anxiety and cravings at 7 days, but I kicked that in the ???? I hope I continue to feel this way. I realize my body is still repairing itself. It may be all the vitamins im taking My fingernails are more healthy than they have ever been. As expected though my sleep is still out of whack. Im lucky to get 3 straight. But i submit to my body saying, "Hey you screwed me up for so long, im getting you back with NO sleep!" Alright im out.
    Last edited by Comeback Kid; 02-17-2012 at 06:03 PM.

2 WEEKS...CONGRATS...I'm doing my happy dance for you now!!

Keep it up, so proud of you!!

<3 Ava
    Comeback Kid likes this.

couldnt have done it without you Ava! Thanks so much.
    brwneydgrl2384 likes this.

veryscared is offline Junior Member

Yay! great job, I am glad you are feeling better You have been very helpful and supportive too.
    Comeback Kid likes this.

Nah...if I played a small part that's great...but you did all the hard stuff YOURSELF...you should be proud of yourself too!!

<3 Ava
    Comeback Kid likes this.

deleted116 is offline Member

Read your posts and just wanted to say a big congrats! I'm on Day 4 and it's so great to hear someone saying how incredible they feel at two weeks!
    Comeback Kid likes this.

Anonymous Guest

Congrats to you . You are free from drugs . When you think about it , there is no other choice . Good for you and isnt it nice not to have to think about pills ?
    Comeback Kid likes this.

It really IS an amazing feeling Flats. And that feeling is what is keeping me going. I actually got 8 hours sleep last night!!!! Im so excited I did take a couple melatonins, but they hadnt worked that well in the past. I feel so refreshed after 14 days of 3 hour nights. I don't expect it to continue, but it was nice for a Saturday morning

Everyone please hang in there if you are fighting this battle. You really will get back to some normalcy. You won't ever know if you go back to day 1 over and over again. Just keep in mind, there are NO positives to abusing pills again. It may help you get through this tough time, or that tough get together. But in the end you are left alone, again. Don't let the cycle continue. Get clean

Thanks all for the encouragement and support. Couldn't have done it without this forum. And so many wonderful people

Anonymous Guest

Ha Ha ComeBack , You nailed it.

: And on a side note. Before I started using hydrocodone, i always had a tough time swallowing large pills. Well I obviously got used to that when it meant getting high. And now that im taking vitamins (some large) I just put them all in my hand and swallow them at once

My supplements and vitamins for detox. Good Multi-Vitamin, Bcomplex (for energy), D-Phenylalanine (for minor pain, and mood stabilizer), PQQ Caps for (mitochondrial regeneration). That's what I take most days. I think it is a big reason I feel the way I do 14 days in.

Day 15 in the books. It was a rainy saturday, so not much going on. It was a wonderful morning. And the day turned out to be very enjoyable even though most was spent inside out of the elements. Im looking forward to day 16 and many more Hope everyone else is doing well.
    ClassiqueMom and veryscared like this.

Anonymous Guest

Hey day 16 Comeback . Just remember to keep your eye on the prize . It is so much better on this side , isnt it ?
    Comeback Kid and veryscared like this.

Im truckin along Flats, hope you are as well. Had another good day. A few negative thoughts but I was able to get over them quickly. Ive opened up more to my wife about the whole situation. She can't believe she didnt notice all that was going on. Its amazing how we will do anything to hide our shame and addiction. It was definitely time for me to stop it. I was done. I was tired of feeling guilty every dollar I spent, and every minute I was in some seedy part of town. This time I mean it. It feels good for sure.

Went and saw the in-laws today and had a good lunch. Its nice to be able to go out in social and family get togethers without having to worry about how many pills ive got. So much easier Hope everyone else finds the strength to kick this disease. Take care all.
    veryscared, deleted116 and GOLDA55 like this.

Comeback, I'm so proud of you for kicking this is in the butt! I know exactly what you mean about the fear of being arrested, etc. I didn't exactly get mine legally, so even when I would drive by a cop I would think "what if I got pulled over and have them on me?". That feeling really stunk because otherwise I'm a very law abiding citizen

You mentioned being able to come even with bills with your tax refund as well. I looked at it as a gift and said to myself "i'm never going back to being late on bills if I can control it....this is it". I've done the damage and now I have to live with that, but we can also start repairing.

I can relate to your posts when you mention your wife & son, because it's similar to what I would say about my husband & son. For the past couple of years I've kept looking at my son thinking "I wish I didn't need pills to make painting with you, playing in the yard, doing whatever, fun". It made me feel SO guilty towards him. He's young so he doesn't know....but of course he knew that there was 1 Mommy who was up for going on a big daytime outing, and then another Mommy who couldn't get off the couch when I ran out. No more....even at Day 6 I can see all of that changing, and hearing how you sound at Day 16 gives me even more hope.

Congrats!

Anonymous Guest

Keep it going Comeback . Your free again. Thats such a big deal and we dont always talk about it enough . Sometimes we get preoccupied with are physical symptoms and forget that we have given up our freedom . Man , freedom is a big deal and now you are free. Congrats to you.
    GOLDA55 and Comeback Kid like this.

GOLDA55 is offline Member

Smile So happy for you Comeback..

You are really doing great, Please remember not to get upset if you have some low days here and there, they are normal. You seem so positive and have a great outlook. I wish you all the happiness and good luck with your freedom. Never have to wonder again if you have enough pills. Great thought, enough to keep you going. Have a wonderful day! Always stay strong...Golda (grandma) P.S. There is NO choice but forge ahead...

cryin out is offline Member

Comeback, congratulations. I remember how my body started to let go of pain, and energy was coming back better, sleep better, appetite...well I craved chocolate so that was often, but I figured anything to help the pleasure center would be good, so I consumed Today, at 48 days, I still eat chocolate but not near as much, energy much better, and I am starting to feel normal. I think our journey takes awhile to complete, at least mine is. I remember days I felt flat, or discouraged, then I would have another amazing day. It takes awhile for us to use the way we did, so it only makes sense to take time to repair, rebuild and replenish. But it sounds like you are kickin serious bootay and standing strong. YAY, to a life of good things for you CK.

Quote Originally Posted by moon6748 View Post
    Comeback, I'm so proud of you for kicking this is in the butt! I know exactly what you mean about the fear of being arrested, etc. I didn't exactly get mine legally, so even when I would drive by a cop I would think "what if I got pulled over and have them on me?". That feeling really stunk because otherwise I'm a very law abiding citizen

You mentioned being able to come even with bills with your tax refund as well. I looked at it as a gift and said to myself "i'm never going back to being late on bills if I can control it....this is it". I've done the damage and now I have to live with that, but we can also start repairing.

I can relate to your posts when you mention your wife & son, because it's similar to what I would say about my husband & son. For the past couple of years I've kept looking at my son thinking "I wish I didn't need pills to make painting with you, playing in the yard, doing whatever, fun". It made me feel SO guilty towards him. He's young so he doesn't know....but of course he knew that there was 1 Mommy who was up for going on a big daytime outing, and then another Mommy who couldn't get off the couch when I ran out. No more....even at Day 6 I can see all of that changing, and hearing how you sound at Day 16 gives me even more hope.

Congrats!
    MOON! You are one of my new favorites I look forward to your success. And let me tell you first hand. Not an opiate in the world will make me as happy as my son does. You don't need opiates or anything for that matter to enjoy life. Yea, sometimes it's hard. But it's beautiful too Enjoy sober living, that's how it was meant to be. Your son will be much better for it. And your relationship with your son, and your husband for that matter will be that much better. Remember the pills are the devil, and they are trying to ruin everything in your life. Finances, relationships, careers, etc. Hang tough moon, im gonna keep up with you. Congrats on day 6!! Trust me 16 is worth it, so keep 'er going. You will feel better in no time, and your son will thank you for it

Man all you guys are the greatest! GOLDA, Flats, brwneyed, moon, and all! Day 17 is almost in the books, and I feel amazing.

Funny thing happened today, I was at a local gas station and bumped into an old aquaintance (who sold). First thing he asked me was do I need any? Because he just got back from the doctor conveniently enough. I simply replied "No thanks, I've quit all that stuff" To which he replied "that's cool" and we caught up on other things. So that was my first real test in these 17 days, and I passed with flying colors. It feels amazing. And all of you guys/gals support makes everyday that much easier.

Take Care

Quote Originally Posted by Comeback Kid View Post
    Man all you guys are the greatest! GOLDA, Flats, brwneyed, moon, and all! Day 17 is almost in the books, and I feel amazing.

Funny thing happened today, I was at a local gas station and bumped into an old aquaintance (who sold). First thing he asked me was do I need any? Because he just got back from the doctor conveniently enough. I simply replied "No thanks, I've quit all that stuff" To which he replied "that's cool" and we caught up on other things. So that was my first real test in these 17 days, and I passed with flying colors. It feels amazing. And all of you guys/gals support makes everyday that much easier.

Take Care
    Congratulations! I was tested like that on day 8 or 9 and it feels AMAZING to pass them!! You definitely did the right thing. And, although I hope you don't have too many more tests like that, the more you pass the better you'll feel. For me, every time I passed a test like that, or stopped talking to a friend that didn't get what I was trying to do, I felt a little more in control and a little more like the me that I used to be. So PROUD of you!

Lotsa love...Ava
    Comeback Kid and GOLDA55 like this.

I just want to update what my usage was and someone tell me if I can expect to continue feeling this way?

From mid-late 2009 to June 2011 I used progressively up to 40mg at one time, started with one here, two there up to 4 a day. I would only take my hydrocodone at night, thinking it was like a drinker being an alcoholic if he or she drinks before noon or something like that. Well I only took them every 24 hours. So when I quit the first time the physicals were almost non-existent. It was the mental cravings and depression that set me back on them in Sept. 2011. I then began using them during the day to get me through work. I would probably take 2 10mg at lunch, and then 3 10mg at night, sometimes 4. So that's when the money got to much and I realized I was killing myself and I HAD A PROBLEM. And here I am.
    GOLDA55 likes this.

We are wrapping up what, day 17?! I am feeling so much better and I am glad you are too! I do get the chills from time to time... I remember writing on here about getting a text from one of the people I got them from at like Day 10 maybe? And you had words of support and advice Comeback, so I am sooooo glad you didn't give in and told him you were done! Congrats it's a huge step
    Comeback Kid likes this.

Thanks alot! It felt good for sure Day 17 in the books I still get the chills from time to time too. I think it's cause im so skinny. Imagine that, you choose pills over eating for a while and you lose a lot of weight but im on a high caloric high fat diet now Bring on 18!
    veryscared and GOLDA55 like this.
    Quotes that keep me going:

"Do you have another day 1 in you?"
    "If not now, when?"
    “When a train goes through a tunnel and it gets dark, you don't throw away the ticket and jump off. You sit still and trust the engineer.”

Clean as of 02.03.2012

Oh I know! I was thinking that the other day, all I was worried about was taking pills. If I ate, I ate. I wasn't worried about it at all! I ate maybe once a day. Now i am so friggin hungry ALL the time! It's ridiculous. I feel like I am going to gain 25 pounds!!

yep My appetite has certainly picked up. Im shooting to gain at least 25lbs. I will keep that updated here as well Im sitting at about 145 now.

I used to always have to have my lortab on an empty stomach. So I would put off lunch, or dinner if it meant I had to wait for a score. Its ridiculous. Im just not the type of person to let something take over my body like that but it did. Won't let it happen again!

"If not now, when?"
    “When a train goes through a tunnel and it gets dark, you don't throw away the ticket and jump off. You sit still and trust the engineer.”

Clean as of 02.03.2012

Hey Comeback, how are you doing this morning? Was going to post on my thread but Ava kind of told us....don't think there is a way to PM or share emails on here?? We do seem to have a lot in common in our journey, so let's keep sharing with eachother as much as possible on here!

Today is Day 18, right? That is AWESOME! I still get the chills too, funny. The first few days they were constant, now for some reason they seem to come on in the later afternoon. I usually take a scalding shower and just bundle up...although the cold really is coming from the inside, ha ha. I think what's different for me this time around is that I'm not thinking about what could take my symptoms away. I'm just trying to roll with them and realize that I won't have the chills, stomach problems, etc. forever (I hope!)

How is your energy on Day 18? Do you feel like it's increasing? I'm doing more than I ever thought I would on Days 6/7, but it can still be a bummer to be dragging through it.

I'm finding that there is a tiny, tiny whisper of a voice creeping in and mourning the loss of "having something to relax with". But I can shove it away pretty well these days because of all the damage the pills caused in my life. Everytime I think "relax, calm euphoria" or all those other words to describe the feelings the pill gave me, I immediately try to think "debt, bill collectors, mortgage, stress, guilt, worry" and all of the other things they brought with them. They were sneaking devils in disguise, weren't they?

Hope you have a great day 18!

GOLDA55 is offline Member

Smile Sounds like a great day for all...I too am being tested!

I will be going to a oral surgeon for removal of some teeth, and I know he will offer me pain relief medication...How I would have loved to have this appointment before being drug free, exactly 2 months now. I already know I will tell him Only Ibuprofen, but I also know it will bring back some memories. I am so proud of all of you on this thread,,,you have all come so far, including ME. Maybe my roller coaster will come to an end soon, as I hope for all of you..It takes time!!
    2 MONTHS CLEAN TODAY
    Has anyone ever heard of a herbal supplement called Posinol. It is a mood enhancer like St. Johns Wort, or Sam-e but is supposed to be BETTER..I am thinking of trying but am a little scared..Any information would be helpful!!
    Love Golda (grandma)
    deleted116 and Comeback Kid like this.

Quote Originally Posted by moon6748 View Post
    Hey Comeback, how are you doing this morning? Was going to post on my thread but Ava kind of told us....don't think there is a way to PM or share emails on here?? We do seem to have a lot in common in our journey, so let's keep sharing with eachother as much as possible on here!

Today is Day 18, right? That is AWESOME! I still get the chills too, funny. The first few days they were constant, now for some reason they seem to come on in the later afternoon. I usually take a scalding shower and just bundle up...although the cold really is coming from the inside, ha ha. I think what's different for me this time around is that I'm not thinking about what could take my symptoms away. I'm just trying to roll with them and realize that I won't have the chills, stomach problems, etc. forever (I hope!)

How is your energy on Day 18? Do you feel like it's increasing? I'm doing more than I ever thought I would on Days 6/7, but it can still be a bummer to be dragging through it.

I'm finding that there is a tiny, tiny whisper of a voice creeping in and mourning the loss of "having something to relax with". But I can shove it away pretty well these days because of all the damage the pills caused in my life. Everytime I think "relax, calm euphoria" or all those other words to describe the feelings the pill gave me, I immediately try to think "debt, bill collectors, mortgage, stress, guilt, worry" and all of the other things they brought with them. They were sneaking devils in disguise, weren't they?

Hope you have a great day 18!
    Glad to hear from you Moon. My energy level is improving daily. I do make sure I take my B-complex vitamin(which I think helps) along with some other supplements. I have those voices in my head too saying how nice it was while using. However I just laugh it off, and think of all the negatives as we've mentioned. I am still getting random chills even on a 70° day. My nose has been running a lot too as of late. It could just be my allergies though. Overall I am doing excellent again, and looking forward to day 19! Keep on keepin' on!
    GOLDA55 and deleted116 like this.

"If not now, when?"

Clean as of 02.03.2012

Day 18 CK! I feel great I still have chills too, and sneezing! Although the sneezing is getting better. Glad you are still doing good
    Comeback Kid and GOLDA55 like this.

so glad to hear that veryscared Keep up the good fight!
    GOLDA55 likes this.

"If not now, when?"

Clean as of 02.03.2012

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast