Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree264Likes
Wrapping up 2 weeks!
    deleted116 is offline Member

Hi Comeback, so glad to hear you are doing great! Hope today treats you well

Comeback Kid is offline Senior Member

I think I failed to post yesterday I was having such a good one, i think my addiction slipped my mind:S Can't let that happen. Im still doing excellent though. My days no longer include even thinking about my past habits. I feel the old me back again. And im so ecstatic about it

Take Care moon, and all.
    brwneydgrl2384 likes this.
    Hi my name is Adam, i'm an addict
    "Do you have another day 1 in you?"
    “If I can't win what sense does it make to fight?” -Father Martin on Step 1
    Clean as of 05.30.2014 (4:00pm)

3 weeks in the books! I still feel amazing. I hope it continues. My days are just so enjoyable I don't even think about my past habit. Hope everyone else continues to improve. I can't ever see myself going back to that lifestyle. It's a liberating feeling.

Take Care all. Good luck to those trying to kick their own habits.

Oh Comeback! Congrats on 3 weeks my friend! I'm so happy for you....you sound amazing!
    Comeback Kid likes this.

Thanks so much Moon, and all!

Anonymous Guest

Three weeks , wow. I love to hear these success stories . Your doing amazing Comeback . Im glad your enjoying the old you . Its another reason never to go back to the old ways. Dont you cherish being free ? Its the single most important reason to stay clean for me. Second only to the clarity that we feel once the heavy fog lifts . Its the best.
    Comeback Kid likes this.

2028477 heartbeats clean 23 days 11 hours and some change I feel excellent. Thanks to all And I hope everyone can have success in their own battles.

A song I heard today. Sang by Tim McGraw. Its so good, if you like country music

I know how to hold a grudge
    I can send a bridge up in smoke
    And I can't count the people I've let down, the hearts I've broke
    You ain't gotta dig too deep
    If you wanna find some dirt on me
    I'm learning who you've been
    Ain't who you've got to be
    It's gonna be an uphill climb
    Aww honey I won't lie

I ain't no angel
    I still got a still few more dances with the devil
    I’m cleanin up my act, little by little
    I’m getting there
    I can finally stand the man in the mirror I see
    I ain’t as good as I’m gonna get
    But I’m better than I used to be

Hey Comeback! Hope you had a great weekend! I heard that song on the radio the other day and also really associated with it! Great lyrics for us.

Keep going, you are doing SO great!!!

Anonymous Guest

Hey Comeback , what a deal. keep going forward one more day at a time . Its so much better on this side.

So proud of you!! You're doing such a great job! And if I'm an inspiration then that DEFINITELY makes you one too! Keep it up!

Lotsa Love...Ava <3

I haven't cried in a week, but today I can't say the same:') It's happy tears mostly. And all your encouragements make me tear up too It's nice to know there are those that care. Today was kind of an off day for me. I was in my own head too much. But Im getting better at brushing those negative thoughts off, and getting on with my day. Love yall!

Im not as good as Im gonna get, but im better than I used to be

Denny_D is offline Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Comeback Kid View Post
    I haven't cried in a week, but today I can't say the same:') It's happy tears mostly. And all your encouragements make me tear up too It's nice to know there are those that care. Today was kind of an off day for me. I was in my own head too much. But Im getting better at brushing those negative thoughts off, and getting on with my day. Love yall!

Im not as good as Im gonna get, but im better than I used to be
    Hi Comeback .... It is a real pleasure to read your thread! You have come such a long way in a very short time. Sorry that I haven't posted until now but I have been sidelined a bit lately. As a person looking on and reading it is amazing to see your progress as it builds each and every day. You are doing just awesome and understand that a life without drugs is the ONLY way to go!

Keep up the great work you have begun. You are helping so many out there with your story of a winner in the game of life! I wish you continued success as you head towards your 1st month of clean time! I can assure you that each day just gets better and better! Huge accomplishment for anyone to achieve. Very proud of you! God Bless.....Denny
    Comeback Kid likes this.

Thank you so much Denny! That means a lot to me I will keep up the good fight

GregL123 is offline Junior Member

Be strong and keep going, for you your wife and son.
    Comeback Kid likes this.

Thanks a lot Greg! That means a lot to me. Today I had an old "source" call me and ask if I needed any. I keep wanting to tell myself I can have just one or two. But I know that's the wrong way of thinking. Im being tested for sure. Tomorrow is gonna be tough But im still doing marginally good aside from the temptations.

Take Care all. 25 days in the books

Thanks a lot Greg! That means a lot to me. Today I had an old "source" call me and ask if I needed any. I keep wanting to tell myself I can have just one or two. But I know that's the wrong way of thinking. Im being tested for sure. Tomorrow is gonna be tough But im still doing marginally good aside from the temptations.

Take Care all. 25 days in the books
    Unfortunately the temptations are always gonna be there. And we're always going to be tested. You saw on my thread, I'm still being tested. There's a line in a song, and they told me in rehab all the time: "one is one too many, and one more is never enough". You KNOW, deep down, that you can't handle just one or two...just like I know that I can't. Instead of telling yourself you can, tell yourself that you'll NEVER go back to day 1 again. You're doing such a great job, and you're so close to one month...just stay strong and vigilant.

You've got this CK...every test makes us a little bit stronger. Keep up the good work and congrats on 25 days!!

<3 Ava
    Comeback Kid likes this.

GregL123 is offline Junior Member

Do not answer old sources calls, that's asking for trouble. Might be best to change phone number. The key i think is to start new. Leave the past behind, you don't need it anymore.

yea i did change my number Greg. But you tell it to one person they all know it apparently. I will resist the temptation. Because I definitely don't want to do day 1 over again. Thanks for the supportive words.

Anonymous Guest

Day 26 right ? Man you have done it . Keep going one day at a time. Im 52 days clean and its getting pretty good . Lots of clear head time and energy and sleep is excellent too. The pills make us think we feel good because they produce euphoria . But they also destroy our real personality. Pills are >>>> and an easy way out of dealing with life. Congrats to you on coming back .

Thanks all! And Flats. Congrats to yourself on 52! Im gonna breeze right on through day 26 and not even give thought to the temptations that are there. I will be going to my first NA meeting tomorrow. That's one thing I have yet to do.

veryscared is offline Junior Member

Hey Ck! I am so glad you are doing good and staying strong I haven't posted in a few days, but I am still going! Day 26 almost over. I am having the same temptations! I really miss it sometimes, but then I think about how the pill happiness only last a little while and then you feel worse than before, until you take more! I am happy to have my life and emotions back!! Keep in touch Day 27 tomorrow
    Comeback Kid likes this.

veryscared is offline Junior Member

PS. Let me know how the meetings work for you...
    Comeback Kid likes this.

YAY! Moon Keep up the good work. You are right, they only mask your feelings for a short period of time, then it's back to square one. And i aint one for going backwards after all this work Keep on keepin on. And I iwll let you know how the meetings go.
    ClassiqueMom likes this.

Thanks all! And Flats. Congrats to yourself on 52! Im gonna breeze right on through day 26 and not even give thought to the temptations that are there. I will be going to my first NA meeting tomorrow. That's one thing I have yet to do.
    Comeback .... So happy to hear that you are going to a meeting today. You will learn so much there and be face to face with many others in the same place you are in. Your story will be very familiar to the others!

One thing that I wanted to say as far as the meetings are concerned is that you might find that particular one is not right for you. If that ever happens PLEASE don't give up on meetings altogether. Find another one in your area. They are all over the place usually. It may take you a visit to different ones to find the right one for you. The meeting you go to today may be the right one and lets hope that it is! Keep up the great work Kid and I continue to wish you the very best!.....Denny
    Comeback Kid likes this.

wow, i just realized I called you 'moon' Veryscared sorry you know what i meant...

A song I heard today. Sang by Tim McGraw. Its so good, if you like country music

I know how to hold a grudge
    I can send a bridge up in smoke
    And I can't count the people I've let down, the hearts I've broke
    You ain't gotta dig too deep
    If you wanna find some dirt on me
    I'm learning who you've been
    Ain't who you've got to be
    It's gonna be an uphill climb
    Aww honey I won't lie

I ain't no angel
    I still got a still few more dances with the devil
    I’m cleanin up my act, little by little
    I’m getting there
    I can finally stand the man in the mirror I see
    I ain’t as good as I’m gonna get
    But I’m better than I used to be
    I'm a HUGE country music fan, and I always liked this song. But it's taken on a whole different meaning in the last 41 days. I've been hearing it A LOT on the radio in the last couple of days; and now every time I hear it I think of you! Lol.

You're doing SUCH a great job!! Please post later and let us know how the meeting went. That's one thing I haven't done. I've been using this site as my meetings, partly because you're all so AMAZING; and partly because it's a lot easier to "share" all my thoughts and feelings with people I've never actually met and when it's not face-to-face. I live in a small town and the whole prospect of going to a meeting and standing up in a room full of people that may very well know me to share what I'm going through REALLY scares me. I'm sure it's not anywhere near as bad as I'm making it out to be in my head. Everybody else would be there for the same reasons as me after all. It's just something I haven't been able to bring myself to do.

Maybe hearing about your experience will make it a little easier; and help me find the courage to go myself.

You've come SO FAR CK, and you're doing SUCH a great job! I'm so proud of you, keep it up!

Your FRIEND (lol)
    Ava <3

Comeback ..... How you doing today? Please tell everyone what you thought about the meeting you went to yesterday. Good news or bad I am happy that you went and certainly hope that you are considering going back on a regular basis! Best wish's......Denny

Hey Denny, thanks for the check in. I was out "chasing tornadoes" yesterday It was a much needed get away for me. Also I didn't get to the meeting on Thursday because it was "closed". So im trying to find another one in my area. I am going to go though. I know I need it. But im still going strong Hang in there everyone.

Take Care

Every time I check in on your thread, you make me proud and you make me smile! You're doing SUCH a great job!

Lotsa love...Ava <3
    Comeback Kid likes this.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast