Worried Mom-to-be Seeking Advice...Thank You.
    MrsBLRose is offline New Member

Default Worried Mom-to-be Seeking Advice...Thank You.

I was reading through some posts looking for some answers, and the thread by madseason20 ("Suboxone withdrawal and pregnancy-Robert? anyone with experience?") helped tremendously. Thank you to everyone for their advice to this sweet young woman, and I hope she and the baby are doing well. This is what I had posted, but I really need a response as soon as possible:
    Hello...I am so glad to have found your post, because I am going through an almost identical issue. First and foremost, I hope you and your baby are doing well and I commend you for your honestly and love. My husband and I just found out last week that I am pregnant with our second child, but I have been taking painkillers (and often, suboxone) to treat a number of things (some, self-medicated aliments like depression). I have stopped taking these things as soon as we found out (my husband would give me maybe one vicodin or other painkiller to help somewhat), but I have been going through terrible withdrawals for the past three days, and I have been having abdominal pain and cramping since. I have an appoint with my OBGYN thursday morning, but I am also scared to tell her about the painkillers and the withdrawal, but I understand that withdrawal can be worse for the baby. I am worried that the painful abdominal cramping is not from the withdrawal, but from the fetus. Is this something I should go to a hospital for instead of waiting three days until my appointment?

Thank you everyone!

so I have been having bad stomach cramping and pain when I stand up tonight; it feels a lot like the cramping and pain I have when I am experiencing my period. I think I am about 8 weeks, and I am getting really worried about the condition of the baby at this point. I will do whatever it takes to make sure this baby grows and develops as best as possible, but I don't know if that means dealing with the withdrawing alone. Can anyone give me some information on this? Thank you.

toni.s. is offline Senior Member

hey MrsBLRose,
    i'm so sorry! i'm heading out the door..and honestly..i would not feel comfortable giving ANY advice about drugs..and drugs pertaining to pregnancy..(i am not a doctor, just a recovering addict) but i can let you know that Robert, or someone else with more knowledge will be along shortly! you might even have to start a new thread addressing Robert personally..
    i do think it might be wise to get to a hospital though..

deleted116 is offline Member

If the cramping and pain is severe I would try to get in with your Dr. Opiate WD can cause miscarriages (although that doesn't mean that everyone that goes through it WILL have a miscarriage). Unfortunately miscarriages are common up to 12 weeks.

However, severe abdominal cramping at your stage in the pregnancy can indicate an Ectopic Pregnancy (where the embryo is growing in the fallopian tube instead of the uterus). This is a very dangerous condition and needs to be treated right away. The main symptom is severe abdominal cramping. I'm not saying this to scare you...but if the pain is that bad, it's only Tuesday and your appt. isn't until Thursday, so you should get in there. (have you had an ultrasound yet? If so, they would have already ruled that out. If not, that's what they would give you when you go in).

Thank you for your responses everyone...I had my appt. changed to this afternoon so hopefully I will have more answers then (I have not had an ultrasound yet).

rxqueen83 is offline Member

I would agree and say see your Doctor as soon as possible. If you want them to be able to help you, you have to be honest with them. You are not the only pregnant addict out there, there's plenty, and the Doctors have heard and seen a LOT. Don't be scared. Let them help you. If you were not honest, and they found out about your drug use throughout the pregnancy or after the baby is born -- you would be in trouble then.

ARTIST658 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by MrsBLRose View Post
    Thank you for your responses everyone...I had my appt. changed to this afternoon so hopefully I will have more answers then (I have not had an ultrasound yet).
    Dear MrsBLRose,

I hope all is well with you and your baby. Hope you'll come back to let us know what you learned at the doctor's office.

God bless,
    Ruth