Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Longjohn555
Working while going through withdrawal
    really trying is offline Member

Default Working while going through withdrawal

Have any of you out there had to go to work while you were having withdrawal symptons? How did you manage that?

Longjohn555 is offline Junior Member

I've been there...I work 12 hour shifts in the ER...I've had to go through some bad withdrawal and I pulled through some how...Let's just say I felt every second of the day and minutes seemed like months. Towards the end of the day it gets better though and somehow you even manage to forget about it in some weird way.
    NeverThought55 likes this.

vduda is offline Member

Well it has been 5 months since I detoxed off the meds and there was no way I could of returned to work the first 3 months. I feel for you. Like I said I have been clean five months and I am back at work and still feeling really rough. Your in my prayers. God Bless

really trying is offline Member

What were you on that you needed to take three months off, i really hope that the amount I was taking ( 2-3 day for 6 months, started a year a go ) and the type of medication, oxcycoden i will be able to work.

vduda is offline Member

I was taking about 2,000 to 3,000 mg of opiates for six years and in excess of 3,500 mgs of every known prescribed opiate known to man for the last 4 years. Fentanyl (patches and lollipops), Methadone, Morphine, Demarol, Liquid Dilaudid (intravenous), Oxycondone, Hydrocodone, Darvon, Darvacet and so on. Also was taking Xanax pretty consistently for ten years. Started at 1.0 mg a day and ended up taking 40 to 50 mg for the last 4 years (20 to 25 totems aday). Kicked barbituates several years ago on my own. Been clean 5 months from opiates and cigs. Lasted 4 and half months for the benzo. Doctor put me on .5 mg of benzo before bed for insomnia and anxiety disorder. I am sure my case was extreme. Had to go to a Hospital based Detox center and receive Buprephine shots (Liquid soboxene). Tried two years ago and quit opiates for almost 3 months, but could not stop Xanax because of seizures. This second time the shots did not help. Doctors said too much medication (most concentrated amount in blood of any patient ever admitted). After five months still going through withdrawls, but thank God to a lesser degree. I am a professional and have no problems working, except for stomach pains and anxiety. Still feeling rough, but I can get through it now. The experts say it will take about a year or two until I fell somewhat normal, whatever that means. For more speicific details take a look a my replies and thread. Let me know how you are doing with the oxy. "You can do it". God Bless