Withdrawal from Suboxone
    princessturn0611 is offline New Member

Default Withdrawal from Suboxone

I've been on suboxone for almost a year now. It saved my life, and helped me come off of methadone. I've heard that suboxone withdrawals are not even comparabale to methadone withdrawals (which I've experienced ufortunately) I'm ready to come off of this stuff, and continue staying clean. I want to have more children. I figured a year was a good time frame to stay clean, and I have no desire whatsoever to take methadone ever again. Does anybody know what I can expect?

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by princessturn0611 View Post
    I've been on suboxone for almost a year now. It saved my life, and helped me come off of methadone. I've heard that suboxone withdrawals are not even comparabale to methadone withdrawals (which I've experienced ufortunately) I'm ready to come off of this stuff, and continue staying clean. I want to have more children. I figured a year was a good time frame to stay clean, and I have no desire whatsoever to take methadone ever again. Does anybody know what I can expect?

There are a several people on this forum tapering off suboxone now and doing so with little or no w/d symptoms whatsoever. If you have used suboxone for a year you will certainly feel it if you stop abruptly or even taper too quickly. How much suboxone do you take daily? It's pretty simple to put together a taper plan and then just do it. Have to take into account the long half life of suboxone so that slows down the process some. But it isn't a big deal as long as it's done properly. Are you ready to begin now???