• 2 Post By mottam
  • 1 Post By Strong Desire
  • 1 Post By shybaybe2003
  • 1 Post By Anonymous
Withdrawal round 2
    amberwish is offline Member

Angry Withdrawal round 2

Hi Everyone,
    I am back for help. I got off subs successfully in Jan of this year and stayed clean for a month. I stopped everything yest morning at 11:30. I posted a thread in Addicted to Painkillers that explains more in detail. I only have my iPhone until I get home so posting is difficult but necessary. I need support and I am frustrated as heck that I'm back at square one.
    Amberwish

caughtagain is offline Diamond Member

Amber, sorry to hear about the relapse... But, as we all know, it happens. We are here for you.. You know the drill, right now just treat the symptoms and post and post often. All my best, REid

amberwish is offline Member

Thanks Reid,
    Yep I know the drill all too well. Its been almost 27 hours clean. I decided CT would be best. Feeling bad, chills, goose bumps, diarrhea, yawning. NOTHING compares to getting off Subs. I will say that suboxone did help me and it was what I needed at the time. I will just keep posting like you said and do what I need to do.
    Thanks Reid,
    Amberwish
    caughtagain likes this.

As I have said many times on here.... one thing I wish I would have done different is I did not get into a support group to equip me with the tools necessary to stay clean.... Think about it.. Remember, getting clean is the easy part, it is staying clean that is hard....Reid
    shybaybe2003 likes this.

mottam is offline Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by caughtagain View Post
    As I have said many times on here.... one thing I wish I would have done different is I did not get into a support group to equip me with the tools necessary to stay clean.... Think about it.. Remember, getting clean is the easy part, it is staying clean that is hard....Reid
    amberwish:
    Welcome home. Relapse, unfortunately, is also part of my story. Listen to what CA is saying. I got clean on this forum, had no support group, and relapsed. I got clean again, got involved in NA - meetings, sponsor, network. I have 2 black key tags

You have to do the foot work. Getting off of the opiates is a week - event. Staying clean in recovery is a life long commitment. Until you surrender to this disease, recovery is next to impossible.
    For now, get through w/d, and get into some recovery group. I now have some of the most amazing, caring, unconditional friendships that I have ever had in my life. Give it a chance.

Either way, best of luck.

Kindest Regards
    mottam
    caughtagain and ARTIST658 like this.
    Persistency is consistency

Strong Desire is offline Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by amberwish View Post
    Thanks Reid,
    Yep I know the drill all too well. Its been almost 27 hours clean. I decided CT would be best. Feeling bad, chills, goose bumps, diarrhea, yawning. NOTHING compares to getting off Subs. I will say that suboxone did help me and it was what I needed at the time. I will just keep posting like you said and do what I need to do.
    Thanks Reid,
    Amberwish
    Hi Amber,

You have already received amazing advice both on this thread and the other one in the "addicted to painkillers" site. I just wanted to say good job on geting to the point you are now. Hang in there Amber and just for today don't use.

I will give you the link to the Thomas Recipe seeing as you're going with the C/T method right now. You may be aware of it, and maybe used it before, but maybe someone else could use it also?

The Thomas Recipe
    http://www.drugs.com/forum/featured-...wal-35169.html

Please keep posting your progress as it really does help. Those symptoms should pass in a couple more days. The physical symptoms at least. Then the mental aspect comes into play. I agree with Ruth and Reid completely about the need for further support. I really believe in NA and go everyday. I actually enjoy going and have met several new friends. Good friends too. Please consider checking out a meeting in your area.

I got clean many times only to relapse every time also. My way wasn't working at all. So I knew I had to do something different if I were to remain clean. I had a real close call in the last couple of days. I fully believe that had it not been for the members on this forum, and my NA support group, the outcome would have been so different. Hope you truly consider going to one soon. Maybe even today or tonight?

Hugs,
    Karen
    NeverAgain9 likes this.

shybaybe2003 is offline Senior Member

hi amber,
    just wondering how you are doing right now. Im thinking of you girl. do what you NEED to do to stay clean this time. Remember, doing what you NEED to do may not be the same thing as doing what you WANT to do, but its necessary. Only you can figure out what went wrong, and what you need to do to make it right. your in my prayers.
    Shyla
    NeverAgain9 likes this.
    Clean and Sober as of 4-25-2011

Hey Shy! How are you doing, I hope all is well.. Time sure goes by so quick! All my best, Reid

shybaybe2003 is offline Senior Member

hey CA im doing pretty good, living life sober and clean for close to a year and a half now. and yes time does go by quick!!!!!
    Clean and Sober as of 4-25-2011

Anonymous Guest

good on ya shy, keep up the good work.....
    shybaybe2003 likes this.