withdawing from percocets
    a1999 is offline New Member

Default withdawing from percocets

My pain doctor took me from 50 milligram fentanyl patches to 10 milligram percocets twice a day. Talk about withdrawl!! He gave me 60, finished them in one week, taking almost 10 a day, way over the maximum tylenol limit. Needless to say they were 10/650. I would take one and be back in withdrawl in an hour in a half. I was on fentanyl patches for 4 months. I must of developed one hell of a tolerance! In the mist of full blown withdrawl on last monday night, searched the whole house for ANYTHING! Found one of my patches. I put it on suffered trough the night with hot and cold sweats, thought my heart was coming out of my chest. Alas its tuesday morning I am feeling better, as the patch is kicking in. Knowing soon it will be 72 hours and no more patch, I was scrambling for what to do. Telling myself I an tired of this rollercoaster, and my doctor telling me the two a day should have worked for me , I used the patch to withdraw,. I am hoping that the patch hid my withdrawls the first 3 days. I did have massive diareha and sleep disturbances, but it was bearable. Thursday I was feeling jittery and no sleep. Friday I took a vicoden in the morning and the evening , no high but a little calmer. Slept from 7 last night till 9 am today. I am having waves of need a pill syndrome and extermely sore muscles as I have fibromyalgia and neuropothy pain from a recent bout with shingels. My friends say I should find another pain doctor. This will start the merry go round once again. My question is how long until I feel normal gain. I have friends on suboxone,don't want to start that. The only thing that concerns me is the heart palpitations, and will the withdrawl get bad again! Thanks for listening!

Junkie781 is offline Member

Everyone is different, but for me, quitting cold turkey was the only way to go. I was taking about 10 or 12 20mg Oxycontin per day (crunching them up) and I quit 31 days ago. It took about 10 days for me to feel somewhat "normal" again (whatever that is!) and I would say it was about 5 days of heavy withdrawal symptoms (no sleep, bowel problems, cravings, cold sweats, etc) then it started to get better....

Good luck to you!