• 2 Post By Anonymous
  • 2 Post By Strong Desire
  • 3 Post By Anonymous
  • 3 Post By surfdog
  • 1 Post By Anonymous
  • 1 Post By Anonymous
wise words from caughtagain.....
    Anonymous Guest

Default wise words from caughtagain.....

I keep thinking about what Reid wrote......edited a little for anonymity..can not spell that word! Another thing; beware of being hungry, angry, lonely, tired (from NA).....leads you away from being centered. Getting clean is the easy part, staying that way.....another story. This is for everyone, myself included, lord knows i need to remember this often enough when the hard times hit............

post by Reid.........

.. Was reading over your progress this past weekend and just wanted to share/give a different spin on things... The good news is you are doing well and going through this with "no problem"... But and here is the big but, life is not going to be that way and you are going to have those overwhelming days that bring the tears and the poor me moments... and while we all want to clench our fists and say get tough..... what you must first learn to do is recognize that you are going through them instead of around them... (think back when you were using). Sobriety and living clean is about finding your center and trying to live there as much as possible... Extremes are not good for us (addicts) because they evoke that feeling that we had when we used... Real good or real bad.... not to many in betweens. It's ok to get a case of the blahs, just as it is ok to get a case of the I feel goods... Because as I have said many times, getting clean is having to learn all over again how to live....it is a rebirth sorta kinda..... When I got clean, I even had to learn how to listen to music again (crazy huh).. Because music was a trigger... But my biggest trigger was those extreme emotions good or bad... So, be proud of what you went through this weekend, because you continued to make the next right decision...It is as simple and as hard as that... As you learn how to live your life again, being centered within yourself to avoid the super highs or super lows will guide you.... to a calm that is pretty awesome... That in turn will help you when the super bad happens because you will have taught yourself "how to".. kind of stay centered... Proud of you and hope you understand my message... Reid

Strong Desire is offline Advanced Member

It's Ok Marian.....Reid wrote those words to ME and I want EVERYONE to know that! You did an amazing thing by making a new thread so that everyone could read and hopefully understand those words by one of the wisest members here!

So thanks Marian for taking the time to post that! I take it as the ultimate compliment!

Big Hugs,
    Karen
    surfdog and caughtagain like this.

Anonymous Guest

YIKES!
    Reid....did I say i wise words or wise Reid?.....don't want blue on my tail!!!!!!!

Anonymous Guest

I really thought this thread was going to be waaaaay shorter due to the title.....wise words and Reid are two entities the rarely mix....

I joke of course, Reid is extremely wise and an incredibly good guy!!!

surfdog is offline Senior Member

Reid put it exceptionally well. Finding that balance can be tough to start with. I know there were times that first year I was saying "if this is sober I don't want anything to do with it" and my sponsor would laugh and say"love you son now get your a$$ in gear" Might not have wanted to but did as he said thank God. There is a quote by Bill W from March 1954 I always liked
    " It matters not if we drank beer wine or Hard liquor. Or if we shot >>>>>> into our veins. What we used to cope with the emotional and mental pain is irrevelavent I need to know how to live, I already know how to die" Bill Wilson I refer back to that a lot even today God Bless of of ya'll Dog

caughtagain is offline Diamond Member

well said dawg.

Waddup Reid !! and thanks man means a lot coming from you ! Dog

Anonymous Guest

Quote Originally Posted by caughtagain View Post
    well said dawg.
    Wait......why not well said blue?????
    surfdog likes this.

Anonymous Guest

Quote Originally Posted by azul diablo View Post
    Wait......why not well said blue?????
    yeah....me too! or did i even say anything?.....can't remember.
    surfdog likes this.

Blue... cause you teased me and made me cry... Marian, You know everything you say is golden.

You know who I miss on here.... Opster. I could come on in the morning and be half asleep.. I would read errrr try to read one of his paragraphs and felt like I just pulled out homer. mind bending spew which I loved to read. Good OL OPEE... Wonder what he is up to these days.

Anonymous Guest

bluey,
    darn it...you know how easy Reid cries! give him a break man!

yeah, what i say is golden like silence is golden...lol!
    Last edited by Anonymous; 07-10-2012 at 03:58 PM. Reason: oops

Strong Desire is offline Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by caughtagain View Post
    Blue... cause you teased me and made me cry... Marian, You know everything you say is golden.
    You guys are awesome! I am laughing so hard right now I'm almost crying!

Anonymous Guest

Opee and his Kojak lollipops......

miss him!

Quote Originally Posted by shadowwally View Post
    bluey,
    darn it...you know how easy Reid cries! give him a break man!

yeah, what i say is golden like silence is golden...lol!
    Reid cries easily oh noooo!!!!!!