Will a short term Suboxone detox help methadone withdrawal
    everdown84 is offline New Member

Question Will a short term Suboxone detox help methadone withdrawal

I was on 100mg of Methadone and tappered down to 0mg by dropping 3mg a day. So, I went from 100mg to 0mg in about 30 days. I only made it 4 days and the W/D symptoms were too much physically and mentaly, Severe bone pain, insomnia, body hurt all over and could barely stand up or eat. So, 4 days of being on 0mg of methadone and no opiates, I went back to the clinic and asked to be put on 20mg only. I have been on 20mg for about two weeks and I still feel sick but nothing compared to 0mg. MY MAIN QUESTION IS: If I stop the methadone and switch to suboxone for a short taper will that help with the methadone withdrawals. Will it be easier than just coming off the Methadone slower or just pushing my limits to make it threw methadone w/d? I was thinking I could take 8mg for a week, then maby 6mg for 5 days and so on dropping a MG every 5 days until I get to 1mg. Then take slivers from there and start skipping days until I am out? Has anyone tried this? Did it work? Can a short term Suboxone detox help after a Methadone detox? Please any info would be so appreciated.

everdown84 is offline New Member

Hey Robert, I just read your response to this same question I asked ( with less specifics) in another thread. Just wanted to say thank you so much. God Bless. any other suggestions from yourself or anyone will be much appreciated, and God Bless you all!

Robert_325 is offline Retired

I posted the sub therapy link on your other thread. It's a two month program to do it right. God bless.
    Last edited by Robert_325; 09-12-2010 at 03:47 PM.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

aPAULed is offline New Member

Default Robert

Hey everyone I'm sorry to post on someones fourm but I'm brand new to this and have no idea how to make my own, or how to get ahold of Robert to ask him for help. You seem brilliant and very caring to peoples sickness and really want to help people get better. I've been using off and on for about a year now and am finally ready to stop. I've come clean to my family and ready to get help with NA meetings and what not. My current binge has probably been my worst consisting of a very large amount of opiates in a 24hour period every day for about a solid week maybe 2. I have 15, 8mg Suboxone that's is all I can get my hands on and have to work with what I got. Now I know your ideal taper is 6-8 weeks but 15 is all I have. So my question to you is can you please help me formulate a schedule with the 15 I have to get me through this detox with as minimal withdrawal symptoms as possible, if at all possible hopefully none. So please Robert help me! I'm desperate.**

Quote Originally Posted by aPAULed View Post
    Hey everyone I'm sorry to post on someones fourm but I'm brand new to this and have no idea how to make my own, or how to get ahold of Robert to ask him for help. You seem brilliant and very caring to peoples sickness and really want to help people get better. I've been using off and on for about a year now and am finally ready to stop. I've come clean to my family and ready to get help with NA meetings and what not. My current binge has probably been my worst consisting of a very large amount of opiates in a 24hour period every day for about a solid week maybe 2. I have 15, 8mg Suboxone that's is all I can get my hands on and have to work with what I got. Now I know your ideal taper is 6-8 weeks but 15 is all I have. So my question to you is can you please help me formulate a schedule with the 15 I have to get me through this detox with as minimal withdrawal symptoms as possible, if at all possible hopefully none. So please Robert help me! I'm desperate.**

I can help you but 15 subs isn't enough to do this right. You'll suffer pain, w/d and will likely relapse with only 15 pills. Go to www.suboxone.com and write in your zip code, the miles you're willing to drive to see a sub certified dr and get the biggest script you can get. Then I will induct you myself right here on the forum so you start on a low dose and I can make this work. But I have to have access to enough pills to help you successfully. The 6-8 week deal isn't a game. That is how you do it properly and have a legitimate chance of succeeding. You need to do this right or you're spinning your wheels.

Lot's of the sub drs are scams charging out the a$$ and just getting you strung out on subs they over prescribe so much. You become a victim to them just like a dealer. Make several calls and you can find a reasonable dr for the cost. This is your life and I know how to do this. I've gotten hundreds if not more people off opiates with subs, but they have to be used right or you can cause a worse problem than you have now trust me. Lots of the sub drs don't have a clue.

Here is my link to how I do this. Let me know what you want to do. I'll be happy to help you but I can perform miracles. You need more medication. God bless.

www.drugs.com/forum/featured-drugs/suboxone-subutex-therapy-50887.html
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

For some reason that link is not going to the post. But it will take you to the main forum page. Hit on Featured Drugs and the sub therapy post is the second from the top. Admin must be having a functionality problem this morning. Let me know what you find out. God bless.

Ok I found out I have 23 subs. Is there any way to do it with that amount? I would go to a doctor and get proscribed the medication but it's really not an option for me. I can't have a prescription for a medication that helps deal with addiction. I am in the insurance business and can't have that on my medical records I won't be insurable (life insurance) there are a lot of guidelines and no no's u can and can't do. Any way is there any way posiable that I can do a 2 or 3 week detox? My main concern is passing the with drawls then dealing with not relapsing with the help of my family g/f and NA meetings. Is there any way I can start with 4mgs for the first week then go to 3 then 2 then 1? If I do something like that the 23 subs should last me a couple weeks? But you r the expert. I'm just hoping you can help me with a short term detox shedual? Please

Also even if you can't help me with this do you think I will have full blown withdrawals with the amount of subs I have from the opiates I am currently on or do you think they will be less intense when I finish up with my subs?