Like Tree6Likes
  • 3 Post By Anonymous
  • 2 Post By iloerose
  • 1 Post By Anonymous
went to my suboxone dr. and I am now a bit worried
    pgcc is offline Member

Default went to my suboxone dr. and I am now a bit worried

The appointment went ok except he prescribed me 8mg once a day for 3 days then I have to go back mon when he is going to increase it to 2 8mg a day. Then he wants me to pick up a script once a week, now I am going to be tied to this guys office instead of the meth clinic. Also I can't afford the pills my insurance will cover with a pre-authorization from the dr. which they faxed in. I am now worried they will deny the request and I will not be able to get the pills. Anyone with experience with this?
    I have not started the subs yet just had to tell him that, to get them prescribed. I knew about the pre-auth so I didn't want to start till they got that straight. How many subs do I really need coming off methadone? Just trying to judge the cost in case my insurnace says no.

Strong Desire is offline Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by pgcc View Post
    The appointment went ok except he prescribed me 8mg once a day for 3 days then I have to go back mon when he is going to increase it to 2 8mg a day. Then he wants me to pick up a script once a week, now I am going to be tied to this guys office instead of the meth clinic. Also I can't afford the pills my insurance will cover with a pre-authorization from the dr. which they faxed in. I am now worried they will deny the request and I will not be able to get the pills. Anyone with experience with this?
    I have not started the subs yet just had to tell him that, to get them prescribed. I knew about the pre-auth so I didn't want to start till they got that straight. How many subs do I really need coming off methadone? Just trying to judge the cost in case my insurnace says no.
    Hi pgcc,

I can tell you one thing for certain.....DO NOT take that much sub! My own doctor tried to get me to take 16mg's in his office and I came up with an idea to get as many subs as I could, get out of his office, and come here to have Robert induct me. And I was inducted by Robert at ONLY 1.7mg!!!! If I would have taken that much sub (16mg), I would have been sick as a dog! FACT!

What I did was to tell the doc that I was not in enough withdrawals at the time (true), and that I didn't want to take any in his office as I wasn't certain how I would react to the sub itself (also true). And that I was driving myself home and didn't want to get in an accident because of the sub and have a "legal" problem. He said here....take this script for (60) - 8mg subs and induct yourself at home then. Come back in a month. I will NEVER need to go back to him! Perfect!

Then I got my meds and came straight here and posted to Robert and well you can read the rest on my thread. I realize that not everyone can do that of course, but if you come up with a similar reason for your doc maybe, just maybe it will work for you?! Certainly worth a try! I wish you the very best in your efforts my friend. Blessings to you.

Big Hugs,
    Karen

pgcc is offline Member

I'm just waiting for them to not cover it, I get obsessive and its all I'm thinking about. I hate the whole situation and I can't change hmo's till aug 1st.

pgcc is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Desire View Post
    Hi pgcc,

I can tell you one thing for certain.....DO NOT take that much sub! My own doctor tried to get me to take 16mg's in his office and I came up with an idea to get as many subs as I could, get out of his office, and come here to have Robert induct me. And I was inducted by Robert at ONLY 1.7mg!!!! If I would have taken that much sub (16mg), I would have been sick as a dog! FACT!

What I did was to tell the doc that I was not in enough withdrawals at the time (true), and that I didn't want to take any in his office as I wasn't certain how I would react to the sub itself (also true). And that I was driving myself home and didn't want to get in an accident because of the sub and have a "legal" problem. He said here....take this script for (60) - 8mg subs and induct yourself at home then. Come back in a month. I will NEVER need to go back to him! Perfect!

Then I got my meds and came straight here and posted to Robert and well you can read the rest on my thread. I realize that not everyone can do that of course, but if you come up with a similar reason for your doc maybe, just maybe it will work for you?! Certainly worth a try! I wish you the very best in your efforts my friend. Blessings to you.

Big Hugs,
    Karen
    God I wish I had 60 suboxone. But how many do I need, this dr. wants me on 16mgs a day but not taken at his office if my insurance pays for it how long do I need to see this dr.? 14 pills a week so 4 weeks would be close to 60 pills. If thats enough it encourages me as long as the insurance pays for it. Once I have the pills coming I can let Robert take over. I just hope its covered.
    Last edited by pgcc; 06-23-2012 at 03:38 PM.

God I wish I had 60 suboxone. But how many do I need, this dr. wants me on 16mgs a day but not taken at his office if my insurance pays for it how long do I need to see this dr.? 14 pills a week so 4 weeks would be close to 60 pills. If thats enough it encourages me as long as the insurance pays for it. Once I have the pills coming I can let Robert take over. I just hope its covered.
    I don't know about your case, but Robert told me that I would be flushing most of the 60 that I have! He told me that he could get ANYONE clean on 60 subs!

So please just relax and try to not worry about it. I can assure you that it will take care of itself. It WILL work out for you and I honestly believe that! Hold tight and enjoy your weekend. And hopefully Monday will give you the answers you need to hear!

Hugs,
    Karen

Just tell the doctor that you are afraid to drive on the sub and it may take you a month to get adjusted to the medication?! Maybe he will give you enough the first time and you won't have to return to him????

Karen

pgcc is offline Member

No I will have to go weekly. I'm in NY and a bunch of dr's in the area have een arrestebd lately so this guy is scared. He insists on once a week. But if its only 4 weeks that not so bad. Ib
    I called the insurance co. about the pre-authorization and they said I can get a 5 day supply while I wait for approval which should go through within 3 days. I'll wait till mons script to do this cause todays is only for 3 pills. Mon will be for 10 at least. I want to make sure the script will be paid for before I induct and go through that.
    Last edited by pgcc; 06-23-2012 at 03:55 PM.

No I will have to go weekly. I'm in NY and a bunch of dr's in the area have een arrestebd lately so this guy is scared. He insists on once a week. But if its only 4 weeks that not so bad. Ib
    I called the insurance co. about the pre-authorization and they said I can get a 5 day supply while I wait for approval which should go through within 3 days. I'll wait till mons script to do this cause todays is only for 3 pills. Mon will be for 10 at least. I want to make sure the script will be paid for before I induct and go through that.
    Robert will tell you that the doctor insists on you going once per week because he considers you to be a money machine! But you have to do what you have to do. Best of luck to you!

Karen

rxqueen83 is offline Member

Hey pgcc
    I know what its like to worry man. I have state assisted insurance and they constantly keep dropping me for the most ridiculous stuff. Ask the Doctor to RX you Subutex. It's cheaper. I can get 14 pills for about $50.00 at Walmart. That way if they don't cover it, it's slightly reasonable to pick up. Regular Suboxone is very expensive. Somewhere around 8-10 dollars a pill.

Anonymous Guest

theres no way you will need 16mg a day. so lie to him, do whatever it takes to NOT take that much... and yes if you get robert to induct you correctly, you will start on a tiny amount compared to what your doctor wants, so yes you will be able to get clean......

{but of course tell him, yes you are taking the 8mg, and happily want to go up to 16mg} see he is doing that to get you well hooked on a high dose, then make money out of you.... the scheming rotters...

wait if you can, dont take 8mg at once. get hold of robert. but dont take 8mg. ok.

its possible mate.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 06-23-2012 at 05:54 PM.
    MP5, toni.s. and Sunny mom like this.

pgcc is offline Member

[deleted - swearing]
    Last edited by ddcmod; 06-24-2012 at 12:52 AM.

iloerose is offline Platinum Member

pgcc: o.k. so you're going to try to follow what the doc says to a point. Just get your first week subs. Suboxone/subutex, don't worry. It will work out, doctors know how to write this stuff so ins. co.'s buy it. He wants you to come back. Robert will tell you how to proceed. No sense being anxious about what you can't control at this moment. I've always been one to worry about "what might happen" and get all worked up and stressed out, and have always found that the situation always works itself out. So, take it moment by moment, control what you can, the rest will take care of itself.

Peace,

Iloerose
    toni.s. and Sunny mom like this.

pgcc is offline Member

Thanks, I'm sitting here stressing out about it. I wish I had an insurance that didn't require this but I don't. Hopefully it works out.

Sunny mom is offline Member

Pgcc, I too am a worrier...to the point of distraction. I'm finally getting to the point where I don't make myself crazy over the what-will-happen. Maybe my husband is finally rubbing off on me (I'm always amazed by his matter-of-fact attitude about not worrying over stuff he has no control over)...anyway, I can empathize, but let me tell you from the perspective of being outside your situation. This will work for you! Your doctor is going to over-prescribe the subs for you. You are NOT going to take the amount he wants you to take. You will say what needs to be said in order to get what you need. If you need to go back, you'll go back. Get what you need and you don't EVER have to see him again. Just remember do NOT take anything at his office, as cheeky said...

pgcc is offline Member

Thanks for the encouraging words. I know I worry bout things too much, way too much but I guess I have anxiety to begin with, then throw in this situation and its a disaster. I hate when things are out of my control. I wish I could contact the insurance co. myself and get the suboxone but I can't. I'm very stressed today over all this. I thought putting myself in wd to get on suboxone was going to be hard but it turns out getting the suboxone itself is just as hard. I know stressing won't change anything but I just can't help it, I so widh I could be like your husband cause once things are takin out of your hands there is only so much you can do. Its just frustrating when something is so important to you and others, in this case the dr's office, treats it as no big deal. I told him I needed the pills or I would have to go back to the meth clinic and they still didn't fax what they needed to. Its unvelievable to me and to need a pre-auth for something that people cant wait on like suboxone is just plain dumb. Anyone have experience with a pre-auth my insurance is united health care.
    Last edited by pgcc; 06-24-2012 at 07:10 AM.

Anonymous Guest

pgcc....
    i bumped up your question for robert to see.
    I'd want to know how many times i had to back also.
    chill buddy, it will turn out ok.
    Marian
    ClassiqueMom likes this.