Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Anonymous
went on methadone instead of subs
    TriedandTired is offline Member

Default went on methadone instead of subs

I have a lot of history here on this forum been on and off subs numberous times. This past May the needle was getting the best of me I couldn't make it long enough to get in wds far enough to take the subs and I was afraid of what was going to happen I was up to over 20 30mg oxys a day I was putting 5-6 in a spoon at once. It was getting out of hand. So I made a choice to go to clinic and have went everyday since mid May I used the first couple of weeks but then it became a waste of money and very dangerous trying to shoot through the done. I'm doing great on 130mg maintenance dose. No side effects besides sweating. I have no desire to use anymore but I'm getting tired of going to clinic and I know it will be a long taper from my current dose and I'm over this now. I know I'm ready to stop. Honestly the done has given me my life back yes I'm chained to clinic but it is far better then alternative I mean far better. But I'm ready to be done with it all. I know I can't make the switch to subs right now I'm to high of a dose. How long would I need to stop to make the switch to subs. I know they recommend to be down to 40mgs and wait until you score a 28. If I stopped at 130mg and waited to score a 28 would I have issues switching to subs. I knew a whole lot about what I needed to do about stooping the blues and getting on subs but this is a whole different story. I've thought about getting a script to take for a.few weeks just to get the done out to make the switch. I feel great but I do want to be free I have zero desire to get
    And really doubt I will take pills or dope again to get away from done. I just want to be free of the clinic.

Anonymous Guest

no amount of hurrying this is gonna help now you went on the methadone. that is THE HARDEST THING ever to come off and you are at a reasonably high dose. there is no way you can switch from that. so you couldnt wait long enough to get on to subs, you will not be able to wait out a 26 while waiting for the methadone to get off your receptors.

yes methadone will help for a while, get your life together, but know this ''it will rob your soul''

and yes you are tied to the liquid handcuffs. yup i know you from around here, you have come here for help, and went on methadone anyway.

you are going to have to get down to around 30 mg before you can even think of switching.

after being there done that i can say for sure. i think you made a mistake. i know for me going on methadone was my ONLY CHOICE. but once subs came along. that was a far better choice.

if you have failed and failed at subs, perhaps its time to slog out the clinic, the liquid handcuffs etc, till you are
    REALLY TRULY READY TO STOP.

i wish you all the best. i know how hard it is. just which you had 'got it' usiing subs...
    iloerose and LovesAnimals like this.

TriedandTired is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by cheekysod View Post
    no amount of hurrying this is gonna help now you went on the methadone. that is THE HARDEST THING ever to come off and you are at a reasonably high dose. there is no way you can switch from that. so you couldnt wait long enough to get on to subs, you will not be able to wait out a 26 while waiting for the methadone to get off your receptors.

yes methadone will help for a while, get your life together, but know this ''it will rob your soul''

and yes you are tied to the liquid handcuffs. yup i know you from around here, you have come here for help, and went on methadone anyway.

you are going to have to get down to around 30 mg before you can even think of switching.

after being there done that i can say for sure. i think you made a mistake. i know for me going on methadone was
    my ONLY CHOICE. but once subs came alonat was a farbetter choice.

if you have failed and failed at subs, perhaps its time tslog out the clinic, the liquid handcuffs etc, till you are
    REALLY TRULY READY TO STOP.

i wish you all the best. i know how hard it is. just which you had 'got it' usiing subs...
    I agree it some ways it was a mistake but again I was dancing with death. Oding several times in the last few months
    Before going to the clinic so who knows I may not have been here if did not. At this point I guess I will start to long taper and post here. T here. What the done did for me that I wasn't able to do in the past is seperate myself and get out of the daily routine of a junkie. I have totally seperated myself from everyone as soon as I wasn't involved and told them they didn't bother me. I was able to get a clear mind without the daily chaos that goes along with doing a gram of oxy a day. I'm in totally different place today. I don't regret my decision at all. I don't like the circumstance but I can deal with it and I just know its not going to hebe forever. I have started makingw healthy changes exercising getting back into my spiritualality. I'm pretty happy for the most part I just want to be done and I know a methadone taper is a long process buy maybe that's what I need to keep my distance that much longer. I'm in a 100% better place then 3 months ago
    Last edited by TriedandTired; 08-19-2012 at 08:31 PM.