Want to detox myself off hydrodocone
    gingin is offline New Member

Default Want to detox myself off hydrodocone

I am going to detox myself on April 11. I am really scared. I've been taking 30-40mg per day for 1 1/2 years. I have 2 children and I do not want my withdrawals or anxiety to show or effect them in any way. Any ideas what I could do or should do especially for my childrens sake of course I do not want them to know anything. What is going to happen to me next week? Thank you for listening! I am really anxious for some replies. [?]

Klonopinchick420 is offline New Member

quote:Originally posted by gingin

I am going to detox myself on April 11. I am really scared. I've been taking 30-40mg per day for 1 1/2 years. I have 2 children and I do not want my withdrawals or anxiety to show or effect them in any way. Any ideas what I could do or should do especially for my childrens sake of course I do not want them to know anything. What is going to happen to me next week? Thank you for listening! I am really anxious for some replies. [?]
    KlonpinChick420

Klonopinchick420 is offline New Member

quote:Originally posted by gingin

Hey, im sorry to hear this, I know what you are going though, try your self lowering your dose little by little . If not they have this drug on the market called Suboxone. Now you can not take any sedative nor pills for 12 hours before you can try it Suboxone. For longer acting drugs like methadone you must be in with drawl for 24-36 hrs, unfortatanly you must show clincal signs of with drawl first.. So then doc can regulate the suboxone. That is your best bet if you want a less maintaning treatment. This treatment should last for about a year or less depending on the patient. Hope all goes well for you...

KlonpinChick420

Banze is offline New Member

I understand I am a FT student, and have a FT job and when I detoxed off Lortab (hydrocodene) I couldnt afford to miss work or school, and be out of it. Even though I was taking less than you, at most 7 7.5/500mg Hydrocodene a day, this is what worker for me and maybe some of it may work for you.

For muscle pains, aches etc. Epson salt baths are swesome, soak 3 times a day they really work. I took muscle relaxers during my detox because my muscle pains were very bad, others suggest advil which wasnt strong enough for me.
    For anxiety, cravings etc. I used Xanax it was a godsend, I only took it when I thought I was going to lose it and it really helped me calm down and deal with my day, and helped me sleep.
    NOTE: These medications Soma and Xanax I ONLY used during detox, be careful of relying on them because you could easily gain an addiction to those as well.

Also, when I first detoxed I slowly lowered my pill intake, which greatly helped my body with the shock of not having the drug. GO from 5 to 4, to 4 etc. to 1 to 1/2 a pill and then nothing. its rough but its much easier on the body if you wean yourself off them like that then going from 10 pills to nothing. Also, get rid of ALL your hydrocodene, when you are detoxing you WILL be tempted and probably WILL take them if they are around.
    Also, I personally found staying VERY busy helped me through detox. Others claim they slept and needed a friend around to help them, I couldnt do this because I would lay in bed and freak out, and we all know thinking during withdrawls is NOT fun. So I stayed busy, did chores, went to the movies etc. I felt like >>>> but it kept my mind off it. You will feel like you have the flu real bad but you will not die, and you can tell people you have the flu so they wont know you are detoxing. And each day it gets a little better, around 7 to 10 days and then you feel like a totally diffrent person. You can do it, many have its really possible! Be strong and when you feel like you are going to lose it, DO SOMETHING, or take an anxiety pill! Good luck!

gingin is offline New Member

Thank you! Do you think the worst of detoxing is the first 3 days? By the way I don't think I can ween off, if I have them I'm going to take them I'm afraid. Do you feel better off the pills as far as self wellbeing, ambition, energy etc. as you do on the pills which is why I liked taking them? I deffinetly do not want to go to my doctor, I don't want him to know. I do have xanax, how often for the first 3 days can or should I take them, they are.25 and especially for sleep, how much should I take to make sure I get a good nites sleep? I also have skelaxin muscle relaxer also, How often did you take those to get through the day? Thank you so much for listening and answering, Banze!!!!
    quote:Originally posted by Banze

I understand I am a FT student, and have a FT job and when I detoxed off Lortab (hydrocodene) I couldnt afford to miss work or school, and be out of it. Even though I was taking less than you, at most 7 7.5/500mg Hydrocodene a day, this is what worker for me and maybe some of it may work for you.

For muscle pains, aches etc. Epson salt baths are swesome, soak 3 times a day they really work. I took muscle relaxers during my detox because my muscle pains were very bad, others suggest advil which wasnt strong enough for me.
    For anxiety, cravings etc. I used Xanax it was a godsend, I only took it when I thought I was going to lose it and it really helped me calm down and deal with my day, and helped me sleep.
    NOTE: These medications Soma and Xanax I ONLY used during detox, be careful of relying on them because you could easily gain an addiction to those as well.

Also, when I first detoxed I slowly lowered my pill intake, which greatly helped my body with the shock of not having the drug. GO from 5 to 4, to 4 etc. to 1 to 1/2 a pill and then nothing. its rough but its much easier on the body if you wean yourself off them like that then going from 10 pills to nothing. Also, get rid of ALL your hydrocodene, when you are detoxing you WILL be tempted and probably WILL take them if they are around.
    Also, I personally found staying VERY busy helped me through detox. Others claim they slept and needed a friend around to help them, I couldnt do this because I would lay in bed and freak out, and we all know thinking during withdrawls is NOT fun. So I stayed busy, did chores, went to the movies etc. I felt like >>>> but it kept my mind off it. You will feel like you have the flu real bad but you will not die, and you can tell people you have the flu so they wont know you are detoxing. And each day it gets a little better, around 7 to 10 days and then you feel like a totally diffrent person. You can do it, many have its really possible! Be strong and when you feel like you are going to lose it, DO SOMETHING, or take an anxiety pill! Good luck!

Banze is offline New Member

I found the 2 and 3rd day the worst, than I was just tired for days. I took Xanax only when I couldnt hold out anymore, usually at night it did help me sleep. The muscle relaxers I took about 3 or 4 a day because my muscle pains were pretty bad, or in conjunction with a epson salt bath.
    Good luck, you can do it! It will be rough for the first few days but once you make it through about 48 hours you should be through the worst.
    Sorry it took me so long to get back to you! PLease keep me updated on your progress!

broken is offline New Member

Hi im not exactly sure what to say. umm today is the day I hope. Ive been taking vicodin (norcos,loratab,lorecet,percocet,percodan,oxys,any thing with hydrocodone) for about 8 years now. >> say I probably take about anywhere from 90mg to 280mg a day. Depending on my supply. I have to quit. I havent taken any today (I cant sleep) so I thought I would go online to see if there was anything that would sort of ease me through (this dreadful) withdrawl and detox. Ive tried numerous times before but I still go back. Any suggestions? please help!!

mpvt is offline Platinum Member

Hi Broken,you should really check out a methadone clinic or a doctor who prescribes buprenorphene (subutex).It's great that you want to quit but with the amount you take and the time that you've been addicted it's almost impossible to quit on your own.You really need to get professional help with this one......Good luck..Dave

Always consult a MD first

dreamitbig is offline New Member

Smile Coming off Lortab/Hydrocodone

I have been on lortab, sobutex, and at times percocet for about 7 yrs now and have allways had a hard time controlling it and i ended up doing a few things i am not proud of to get what i felt i needed. Well this has really bothered me as i was using. I have had surgery and had the pain to travel to other areas. Well it finally happened last week i made an attempt to have my medication changed and they agreed but they wanted to do a pill count on what i had left which i had signed an agreement with them. I knew then i had messed myself up because i could not produce what they wanted and i would be cut out. The irony of it is at least for me this scared me enough to look for ways to detox myself, and for anyone that wants to know using the cleanest water u can get helps a lot but mixing it with pure lemon juice to clean yourself out and get rid of all the toxins in your body and there is no such thing i am learning of someone that does not have toxins in their body, these toxins will not only slow u down but make u tired and cause u to age. I took myself off of sobutex about a year ago after i lost a job due to doing things i shouldnt be doing and i had over done it as usual so these things will cause the most honest man or woman to tell a fib or two and u will eventually loose. Anyway come to find out taking this medication for this long had caused my ph balance to get all messed up and that alone can cause all these problems and as soon as i learned this i gave it a shot and wouldnt u know it it was correct, since i started this detox i have felt better than i have in several yrs, less sleep but more energy which is a mental adjustment in itself. Now i will warn that the detox does not take all withdrawal away, but it will make it a lot easier. I ended up in the ER last night all viital signs over 100 and thet told me with what i was attempting to do was dangerous that i could cause myself a heart attack or i could end up hurting myself or someone else and they couldnt allow me to leave there in the shape i was in and if they were to do that i would have grounds to sue them for not treating me and whether i broke my pain aggreement or not that coming to them letting them know i wanted off this stuff and i had finally done myself some good then they felt i was headed in the right direction that a slow reduction would be the most helpful and would not cause any harmful bodily affects. So for your own benefit do some studying on this ph balance and see what u come up with because u can cause urself a lot of problems by going at it alone, ask for help, i do need to admit i was scared to ask for the help because of the i had seen other people do but if u truely want help then be honest with urself 1st. I HOPE THIS HELPS SOMEONE, REACH OUT.
    Last edited by dreamitbig; 12-16-2009 at 08:24 AM.

dreamitbig is offline New Member

Smile Coming off Lortab/Hydrocodone

Do you know why detox dieting will help you achieve a healthy, vibrant body that feels and looks good more effectively than any conventional diet plan? Because most of your unhealthy weight gain, chronic diseases and unpleasant symptoms are caused by toxic build up in your body.

You can muster up all your will power to reduce calories and/or increase exercise for weight loss and then take medications to ease the symptoms caused by an unhealthy lifestyle only to be left with side effects and further complications. But what if you could actually treat the root cause of all your physical symptoms and prevent future health conditions while achieving a healthy body weight? You can.

Gentle detoxing is the best thing you can do to personally take charge of your own health. The Whole Body Detox Diet will show you why detoxing your body is the most effective path to:

* Attain a healthy body weight
    * Fortify your health
    * Resolve many health conditions
    * Ward off and heal chronic diseases as you age

You Are What You Eat
    What you eat really does matter. Your daily diet is so important because you are what you eat.High quality “clean” food will help you build strong organs, bones and muscles that keep you healthy and vibrant. Low quality food produces weak organs while it clogs you up and drags you down.

If you’ve been eating from the modern western food supply, you’ve already gobbled up tons of toxins in your diet. And, as a modern human, you’ve also been exposed to huge amounts of harmful toxic chemicals in the air you breathe and the water you drink.

The Whole Body Detox Diet will help you clear these toxins from your body and teach you how to keep most of them out of your daily diet and environment from now on. You will be amazed at how you feel and what you can achieve in your life when you cleanse your cells and give them what they’ve really been starving for – true nourishment.
    check out this link
    http://www.whole-body-detox-diet.com/why-detox.html

johnnyboy8 is offline New Member

Default Vicodine Soma

I've been taking Soma (carisoprodol) and Vicodin NORCOS for the last year. Some days i would take up to 9 Somas in three pill intervals and other days i would take up to 14 Vicodin. This is all due to a fusion in my back. Every time I kick the pills i get diarrhea really bad and stomach pains. I was off for two weeks but still had that diarrhea. Has anyone took this combination and if they have or just took SOMAS can you help me or tell my if it gets better. My Doc said its fine but I think hes a quack. please help