Waiting...
    rubindawg is offline New Member

Default Waiting...

my boyfriend went to his appt last night to start ARC. still not sure what that is. but they had him watch a movie and sent him home with a bunch of worksheets. 2 folders full. the first question is Who are you? said he will have an appt with the doc next tuesday. sigh. that is a really long time from now. but they said he is on the fast track. i feel like my whole life is on pause while we are waiting on all these meetings and phone calls. if he could just start the program and the taper, then we could be moving forward. not just stuck in nuetral. you know that Tom Petty song the waiting is the hardest part...

rxqueen83 is offline Member

I'm not sure what ARC is? I know waiting is the hardest part, he'll get there. He's on Sub right now, right? Have patience. This is a life long process for your boyfriend AND you, if you choose to stay with him throughout it. Just the beggining girl! Good luck to you both!

MP5
    MP5 is offline Member

Hey Rubindawg. hmmm....I wonder if that has something to do with his insurance company. My insurance company makes my jump through so many hoops and multiple "assements" before they will sign off on paying for anything. When I wanted to check in to a detox facility I had to see four different doctors that were all supposed to be "assessing" me, and every one made me fill out the exact same questioners. It made absolutely no sense at all. There really was not that much to assess, I was an very bad addict and a raging alcoholic, and it was not safe for me to detox at home. Took me about three weeks to finally get checked into a facility. When I went to get subs, I did not want to deal with all that, so I just found a doctor that took cash and went and got my subs without insurance, quick and painless(well except she threw me into prec wd)....ok, i quess it was just quick.
    Maybe you can call them back and express the importance in this happening ASAP, and try to get and earlier appointment. Or if you have the cash and you need it to happen now, you could go to a private sub "doctor" if you can find and appointment now. Otherwise, it sounds like you are just going to have to do what ever it takes to get him through till next week.

Keep us posted,
    Mike

rubindawg is offline New Member

he is a cook so there is no insurance. no private docs within a hundred miles are taking new patients. we have told them how sick he is without them he took his last 1mg yesterday morning and he has to work today if he can't find any elsewhere he is going to start getting really sick again. just so hard to watch and there is nothing i can do!

MP5
    MP5 is offline Member

Ooops, sorry. I must have got you mixed up with some one else that is going through their insurance. I am guessing you already went to the suboxone website and called ALL the doctors listed, ask them to put you and a waiting list, as they have cancellations a lot when people decide "they are not ready". The couple times I was at the sub "dr", I could hear the secretary the whole time calling people trying to fill spotsfrom last minute cancellations. You could also try the Thomas Recipe and see if that helps alleviate some of the symptoms for a bit. Not sure how much that will help though, but it's worth a shot.

Mike
    Last edited by MP5; 06-19-2012 at 12:31 PM.