Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Manoa55
Vitamins, they make me TIRED!
    babygirl81 is offline Member

Default Vitamins, they make me TIRED!

Guys I figured out why I was sooo tired during the day. About an hour or so after taking my vitamins in the morning I would get really sluggish all day until 7pm then I would get alot of energy and couldnt go to sleep. Did a little research and asking around and ITS THE VITAMINS! My neighbor is a nurse and she said she has to take hers at night because they too were making her really tired during the day if she took them that morning. She said since taking them at night she wakes up refreshed and has a good deal of energy throughout the day. I tested her theory(did I spell that right?) yesterday and took them in the evening, I woke up this morning and felt great. Ive been doing chores all day long! Has this happend to anyone else?

Healthypeople is offline New Member

Default Rare Case

Hi
    i have gone through your post and i must admit that i have never heard things like these. Your case is one in a million may be.

rogjah is offline Junior Member

I tried it last night with all the confidence it would would work. My multi, My B's, pottasium.

I was up all night LOL, It didn't work to well for me. Ohh well no worries.

babygirl81 is offline Member

Im sorry, it did help me though. God Bless.

gringalina is offline New Member

Lightbulb vitamin fague

I thought I was ill when i found myself exhausted in the middle of the day for about nine hours straight after taking my vitamins everyday for the last month or so. If i sit still for more than five minutes, I have to absolutely sleep. Its like Im extremely sedated. Im 41 years old and a very active person and I remember when i took vitamins in my 20´s i was not affected this way, maybe (im almost sure) it has to do with my age now (the body´s metabolism, etc...) in the way that it processes the vitamins now. Well, I seem relate to Babygirl and her neighbor, the nurse, for that matter. And not only me, it´s my husband as well! That´s why I had to investigate! Well, I see there is a little controversy here, but maybe it depends on the other peoples age and dosage of vitamins that they are taking, etc... But today, my husband and I will not be taking are vitamins until night time for the next few nights, to see if there is a difference. I´ll get back at you with this. thanx!

gcandles is offline New Member

I feel tired too after taking vitamins. I wonder what specific vitamin it is that is making me feel so tired? I take a variety of vitamins and herbal supplements. What a losing combination. I take vitamins to keep me healthy and maintain an active lifestyle. But how can I do that if vitamins make me sleepy?

gcandles is offline New Member

Default My doctor laughed at me....

My doctor laughed at me when I asked him about vitamins making me tired. Either, that sounds like the biggest joke, or my doctor sucks.

Default babygirl81 Vitamins versus Tin can candlestick holders

I'm not sure if I should klick on the button labeled "Post a Reply" or Klick on the button labeled "QUOTE"

The button I selected was "Post a Reply" so I hope it allows a comment on the Vitamins that make babygirl81 so sleepy.

I take sleeping pills and they knock me out - I don't remember the night and worst of all my wife says I talk googfy and do damerous things after I take the pill. Example: one evening after taking my speeling med I took a sharp knife and started stabbing holes in it trying to make a candlestick holder. Theres more, dumb things I do. Worst of all I don't remenber any of it.

My question to Babygirl81, and I asumme your more like 81 than 3 or 4 years old. ..girl81" What are the vitamins your taking. I'd rather take a pill that makes me sleepy otherthen knock me out.

Manoa55 is offline New Member

Default Vitamins @ night

I have gone through the same problem for quite some time. I must take my vitamins in the evening (not at night) if I take it when I come in from work, I will sleep well because it makes me tired and I will wake up bright eyed an bushy tailed!
    jrw45 likes this.

Default Sleepy

Vitamin B3 (or niacin) is in energy drinks, So I was wondering what are the vitamins were talking about? I need something to make me tired because I have trouble falling asleep, and a vitamin sounds safe.

xaeon is offline New Member

Actually, Ive been taking multivitamins for a very long time now. I will wake up perfectly energetic in the morning (because i make sure i get 8-9 hours of sleep a night- beauty sleep!), and im fine, until 1 hour until after ive eaten breakfast with my multivitamin. It used to be one a day women, but now its "ALIVE!" because of the fruit and veggie extracts added (before centrum ripped their idea off a few years later). I would ALWAYS get sleepy, disoriented, etc. thought it was because I rode my bike to work, so i stopped the vitamin for a week or so, and it didnt happen even if i rode my bike to work. ONLY happens when i take a multivitamin of any kind. Im in my 20s btw. I was told to take it before bed as well, which im going to start doing. Just wanted to let you know you werent the only one I googled this, and theres TONS of sites about it.

Quote Originally Posted by babygirl81 View Post
    Guys I figured out why I was sooo tired during the day. About an hour or so after taking my vitamins in the morning I would get really sluggish all day until 7pm then I would get alot of energy and couldnt go to sleep. Did a little research and asking around and ITS THE VITAMINS! My neighbor is a nurse and she said she has to take hers at night because they too were making her really tired during the day if she took them that morning. She said since taking them at night she wakes up refreshed and has a good deal of energy throughout the day. I tested her theory(did I spell that right?) yesterday and took them in the evening, I woke up this morning and felt great. Ive been doing chores all day long! Has this happend to anyone else?