Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 36
Like Tree1Likes
Vicodin Withdrawal Start day 4
  1. #1
    Stellabelle is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    29

    Unhappy Vicodin Withdrawal Start day 4

    I thought I was pretty smart only taking 1/2 - 2 vicodin everyday for many years. I thought if you didn't begin taking more you weren't addicted. For two months now I have been taking it, not taking it, only taking a 1/2, sometimes 2, I started having extreme nausea and sweating. I started going to a gastrointerologist who suggested maybe I was having withdrawal symptoms. I was going in for rotator cuff surgery and he told me start taking 1/2 every 4 hours. I now know he didn't want me in withdrawal due to the surgery. I took the meds for three days after the surgery and then down to one at night and 1 before rehab. I was getting very sick. Lost 25 pounds the last two months. Anyway I woke up Wednesday morning after not taking one since Monday night and felt like going to the emergency room. Had to go to rehab so I took one. I felt so much better the better part of the day. LIGHTBULB!!! Yep, doc maybe right. That one on Wednesday at 10 am was the last one. I thought yesterday evening was the worst, I did sleep better last night and felt like was over the hump this morning but now everything is real bad again. When should this start kicking? I guess I need some moral support, I am scared. I know I will not take a pill, don't want one ever. The information from your site has been extremely helpful thus far but I thought I was getting near the end.

  2. #2
    Denny_D is offline Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,864

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stellabelle View Post
    I thought I was pretty smart only taking 1/2 - 2 vicodin everyday for many years. I thought if you didn't begin taking more you weren't addicted. For two months now I have been taking it, not taking it, only taking a 1/2, sometimes 2, I started having extreme nausea and sweating. I started going to a gastrointerologist who suggested maybe I was having withdrawal symptoms. I was going in for rotator cuff surgery and he told me start taking 1/2 every 4 hours. I now know he didn't want me in withdrawal due to the surgery. I took the meds for three days after the surgery and then down to one at night and 1 before rehab. I was getting very sick. Lost 25 pounds the last two months. Anyway I woke up Wednesday morning after not taking one since Monday night and felt like going to the emergency room. Had to go to rehab so I took one. I felt so much better the better part of the day. LIGHTBULB!!! Yep, doc maybe right. That one on Wednesday at 10 am was the last one. I thought yesterday evening was the worst, I did sleep better last night and felt like was over the hump this morning but now everything is real bad again. When should this start kicking? I guess I need some moral support, I am scared. I know I will not take a pill, don't want one ever. The information from your site has been extremely helpful thus far but I thought I was getting near the end.
    Stella ..... sorry you aren't feeling real well. But glad you came to the forum and I want to welcome you. Lots of very good advice and suggestions right here.

    As I read it you have not taken a dose of Vicodin since last Wednesday night. That's great! Now just don't take anymore and we'll try to get you feeling better. What you are feeling are withdrawls as you now know. You can expect to have the sweats, chills, headache, nausea, and maybe a few others. That's the bad news.

    Now the good news is it doesn't last very long if you just don't take another pill. I know you won't because you said "I know I will not take a pill - don't want one ever". I will hold you to those words. I promise.

    You should begin to experience some of the symptoms I mentioned within 24 hours as you did. Your last pill was Wednesday nght so you have gotten the brunt of the symptoms over with! You could have a few more days of not feeling well, but nothing you can't handle.

    A couple of things to make you feel better are exercise and supplements. Of those two, the exercise is most important. Take a walk or jog if you can. Maybe a bike ride, or even go swimming, or even climb some stairs. I guarantee it will make you feel better, even if you don't feel like moving.

    And take some vitamins and supplements.. A very good one we use here on the forum is something called "The Thomas Recipe". It has lots of very good vitamins, minerals, and supplements for you. I am providing the link for it below.....

    http://www.drugs.com/forum/featured-...wal-35169.html

    You will not need the Benzo's mentioned at this time so just ignore them. Give it a try. The items can be found at most health food stores. All of this combined with the exercise will have you feeling better in no time.

    And keep posting and let everyone know how you are doing. Others will be by shortly to offer their advice or suggestions. Hope this helps. God Bless....Denny
    Last edited by Denny_D; 09-24-2011 at 06:33 PM.

  3. #3
    Stellabelle is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    29

    Default

    Thanks so much Denny D. I have read quite of bit of the forum and have taken in much of the advice. I have a really good multi vitamin, hot showers, eating bananas, lots of water, tylenol and benadryl for sleep. The doctor did give me something for nauseau when they were treating what we thought was a stomach problem, that has saved on the vomiting. I guess because I seem to have been experiencing bouts of withdrawal for two months and now cold turkey, I started to get very weak tonight. Thanks for your input and support. I had a sister who was lifetime addict until she died from AIDS. I swore this would never happend to me. I was never the addictive one in the family, not realizing it can happen so easily. I wish more people knew what I know now. So this is also very hard emotionally for me also. After reading the blogs I realize that so many people have it much worse and I am lucky and will be here tommorrow to hopefully see a better day. Thanks again.

  4. #4
    deleted116 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    497

    Default

    Stella, hang in there and you should start feeling better physically really soon. I came of oxycodone and by Day 4-5 almost all of my physical symptoms were gone. You just have to push through so that you get to experience those feelings. You weren't taking a ton of Vicodin, but like you said, you were addicted. One of the most exciting things for me when I stopped was realizing that I could wake up in the morning and just jump out of bed, take a shower and start my day. When I was taking the pills I would lay in bed miserable, dreading for the day to start. And I started feeling those changes around Day 4/5!

    I can't second what Denny said about exercise enough. I felt like ????, but right on the start of Day 1 I started walking and listening to music on my IPod. It totally saved me. It was the only times during those days that I felt normal and hopeful. I would get an endorphin rush, and even though I would feel that rush start to fade after I returned home, I really hung onto those walk times. And the good news is that now I walk all the time, so I've replaced something unhealthy with something healthy!

    You can do it, keep pushing, try the Thomas Recipe vitamins (I do like the B6 and L-Tyrosine combo), and keep posting!

  5. #5
    Denny_D is offline Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,864

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stellabelle View Post
    Thanks so much Denny D. I have read quite of bit of the forum and have taken in much of the advice. I have a really good multi vitamin, hot showers, eating bananas, lots of water, tylenol and benadryl for sleep. The doctor did give me something for nauseau when they were treating what we thought was a stomach problem, that has saved on the vomiting. I guess because I seem to have been experiencing bouts of withdrawal for two months and now cold turkey, I started to get very weak tonight. Thanks for your input and support. I had a sister who was lifetime addict until she died from AIDS. I swore this would never happend to me. I was never the addictive one in the family, not realizing it can happen so easily. I wish more people knew what I know now. So this is also very hard emotionally for me also. After reading the blogs I realize that so many people have it much worse and I am lucky and will be here tommorrow to hopefully see a better day. Thanks again.
    Stella ..... Reading the forum will give you lots of information concerning your case. It certainly makes it easier when someone such as yourself reads and uses information from the forum to their advantage.

    Most people here started using because of injury and their doctors script. Then it just balloons from there. You actually have a big advantage because you haven't used for such a long time. And you can't expect to use for any length of time and then get clean in a matter of days.

    But getting clean is only half the battle. You have to remain clean as well. There will be temptations and cravings to come. Remember, you never have to use again. And I suggest a support group as well. Either AA or NA will help you out tremendously. Hope this helps and God Bless.....Denny

  6. #6
    Stellabelle is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    29

    Default

    Thanks for your input Moon. I have been doing this probably for 8 years. I have had nine surgeries, 2 kidney stones, Fibromyalgia, CFS, and injuries that have kept this going. But I thought I was being good. Now that I reminice through this horrible thing I remember I was not always good. Tonight is rough, but reading this forum helps. I have a dog so I have been walking him twice a day, not far due to the diarhhea but walking. I will see if I can get the B6 and L-T. I had rotator cuff surgery two weeks ago, boy am I starting to feel that but ice and Tylenol are keeping it managable. I had to miss rehab on Friday so I am hoping I feel well enough on Monday. I have to keep that moving no matter the pain. Maybe they will be gentle but at least keep it from freezing up. Timing not so good but I guess never is. I am hanging and appreciating everything.

  7. #7
    Stellabelle is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    29

    Default Middle of day 4

    What a horrible night, worst yet. The nausea is unbearable and I have to wait out some extra hours for my tylenol. Don't want to abuse that either. I also felt like I had a burnt cigarette up my nose. Does this sound familiar? Also, I wanted to ask is it common to run a low grade fever through this. Will start working on day 5 before to soon. Thanks to everyone so far and good luck to all those going through the same thing. WE WILL MAKE IT

  8. #8
    freedom11 is offline Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,065

    Default

    really sorry to hear you had a hard night. It is normal to feel very cold and very hot and sweaty too. However, as you've recently had surgery, I guess it's important to check you haven't got an infection - just to be on the safe side. Lots of vit C. I'm not in the same boat so can't comment on the burning nose. Remember what moon said - this is probably the last day you're going to feel so bad. Try not to panic. Love Jay xx

  9. #9
    Stellabelle is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    29

    Default

    I am 57 years old, I can't believe I let this happen to me. Been crying alot today, feel really bad, everything is just taking the edge off. I am so ANGRY!!!!!!! I haven't been able to see my granddaughter since this started and I miss her so much. I am lucky my family is supportive and my mom has been with me during all this. She has been so sweet not pushing anything on me, just asking what I need. She did go get the L-Tyrosine so I will start that tommorrow morning on an empty stomach. I have so much acid today, I really feel I have to keep something in it as often as I can. I did break down and take an immodium today. It's funny I am so afraid to take anything anymore, I just don't want to hurt this old body anymore. I want to be WELL. I hope to go for another walk with the dog after my next dose of tylenol. I'm not sure if I will make it to rehab tommorrow for my shoulder but as they say tommorrow is another day and will decide then. Say a prayer, I have to get through today.

  10. #10
    Anonymous Guest

    Default

    Stell , so sorry to hear your feeling so bad. My story was similar to yours. Low level use but for seven years. I tapered way down before I jumped. I was just never able to do the cold turkey. But if you can hold out another day, you should start to feel a little better. But dont expect miracles, it will be slight improvement each day. That better then useing and digging a deeper hole to climb out of. Your out of the hole Stella. Your just still a little muddy. Every day clean is getting a little bit more of that mud off of you. I am 62 so I know your pain. Its not easy for anyone to kick these drugs . Its even harder as we get older or mature , whichever you like to call it. LOL Good luck and know that it will end. Just imagine that there are no more pills left on the planet. You would be just fine, Right?

  11. #11
    Stellabelle is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    29

    Default Bad, bad, bad

    Sorry I have to get it out. Feel real real bad, climbing the walls bad. All symptoms full force even with OTC meds. Is there a time you should see a doctor?

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    152

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stellabelle View Post
    Sorry I have to get it out. Feel real real bad, climbing the walls bad. All symptoms full force even with OTC meds. Is there a time you should see a doctor?
    I have never gone through mulitiple surgeries and been on painkillers for that long, but even at low doses yes your body can get addicted. Not that u did this to yourself, don't blame yourself, you took your meds responsibly, it is just an unfortunate side effect from being on it for so long. I understand that feeling of going crazy, needing to move, get out but your mind is confused and u are angry at the same time. U are doing well, but I hate seeing ppl suffer from withdrawals. If u have to go to the doctor maybe he/she can prescribe a benzo. (pref. a long acting one like Valium) for just a few days to help you calm down and get through the rest of this. U are almost out of the woods, but I know that this is hard to hear, and w/d's do differ from person to person, maybe not the physical part as that tends to run a particular course, buy psychologically, that is a long tough battle. I wish u luck and God Bless. Hang in there and keep us up to date.

  13. #13
    Stellabelle is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    29

    Default Beginning Day 5

    Well I got through today, I hope tonight won't be so bad. I really hoped things would be better by now. Maybe Day 5. I really need to feel well enough to go to rehab for my shoulder before it freezes on me. I had put my hopes on day 3/4 now we will strive for Day 7. I am really feeling so weak right now. Will do my routine of a warm shower, peppermint tea, tylenol and benadryl and hope for the best. Thank you to all the wonderful people out there in responding to me and others. The support I read for others helps me also. Prayers go out to all that are suffering and congrats to all that have made it. Soon I will be one of you.

  14. #14
    Stellabelle is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    29

    Post Day 5

    Little better sleep last night. Woke up with a little more energy. Still taking the tylenol for symptoms though. Going to try to get to rehab for my shoulder today. Feel really fragile, shaky and wobbly today. I am hoping that is good and these are the downside symptoms. Blessing to all of you suffering through this and well wishes for those who have succeeded.

  15. #15
    Stellabelle is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    29

    Default What the hell happened

    I was doing pretty good this morning, went to rehab for my shoulder was not feeling great but better. Now this afternoon, cripes, I feel real bad again. Headache, chills, stomach burning, aching. Does this thing ebb and flo like this?
    Last edited by ddcmod; 09-26-2011 at 07:23 PM.

  16. #16
    Denny_D is offline Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,864

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stellabelle View Post
    I was doing pretty good this morning, went to rehab for my shoulder was not feeling great but better. Now this afternoon, cripes, I feel like ???? again. Headache, chills, stomach burning, aching. Does this thing ebb and flo like this?
    The answer is obviously yes. You used for quite some time and you can't expect it to all go away in just a few days. It takes a couple of weeks to really get everything out of your system.

    It will settle down real soon depending on your body chemistry. Everyone is different. Just try to stay active and give it time. Just don't use. God Bless....Denny

  17. #17
    Stellabelle is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    29

    Default

    Thanks Denny. I was sorry to hear the "few weeks". Right now I am setting my goal for day 7 and go from there. Really bad tonight. I now wish I would have seen a doctor and at least got some help, but I guess doing it "cold turkey" will be a reminder of what I don't want to go through again. I didn't realize the same people hit each thread. I will stay with this one.

  18. #18
    LongHaul is offline Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    71

    Default

    Hi Stella, if your stomach is bothering you, you might want to try taking Prilosec OTC and see if that helps. It could be that the pills damaged the lining of your stomach as it did mine. I took one of those pills and within 30 minutes, my stomach feeling better.

  19. #19
    Bridget1980 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Miami Fl
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Any doctor prescribing meds such as Vicodin to anyone for any length of time should wean you off of them. It is so unsafe to go through withdrawal without proper medical attention. There are meds to help you with that. Your heart rate goes up and you could have seizures. If the doctor is a good doctor, he should wean you down.

  20. #20
    Denny_D is offline Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,864

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stellabelle View Post
    Thanks Denny. I was sorry to hear the "few weeks". Right now I am setting my goal for day 7 and go from there. Really bad tonight. I now wish I would have seen a doctor and at least got some help, but I guess doing it "cold turkey" will be a reminder of what I don't want to go through again. I didn't realize the same people hit each thread. I will stay with this one.
    Stella .... Just keep on going and one morning real soon you will wake up and realize that you have no symptoms.

    I said a "couple of weeks" to get everything out of your system. You will start to feel much, much better any day now. And LongHaul is correct about the stomach issues. Depending on which brand of Hydro you were using the Tylenol added to them can raise up all kinds of trouble with your stomach and liver.

    Just try to be as patient as possible. And please try to remember that you only have to do this just one time. Do it right this time and you are finished with it forever. God Bless.....Denny

  21. #21
    Bridget1980 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Miami Fl
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stellabelle View Post
    Thanks Denny. I was sorry to hear the "few weeks". Right now I am setting my goal for day 7 and go from there. Really bad tonight. I now wish I would have seen a doctor and at least got some help, but I guess doing it "cold turkey" will be a reminder of what I don't want to go through again. I didn't realize the same people hit each thread. I will stay with this one.
    Stella, please don't try and do this by yourself. Please seek medical attention. Withdrawals can be very dangerous. Anyone who says going cold turkey without aide of meds or a professional healthcare worker is wrong. Call the doctor that prescribed you the med and ask him for an emergency appt. Ask him to taper you off those meds slowly. Also, these same withdrawals you are having could possibly last for a couple of weeks. The 3 day limit is untrue in most cases. It takes 2 - 3 weeks.

  22. #22
    Denny_D is offline Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,864

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bridget1980 View Post
    Stella, please don't try and do this by yourself. Please seek medical attention. Withdrawals can be very dangerous. Anyone who says going cold turkey without aide of meds or a professional healthcare worker is wrong. Call the doctor that prescribed you the med and ask him for an emergency appt. Ask him to taper you off those meds slowly. Also, these same withdrawals you are having could possibly last for a couple of weeks. The 3 day limit is untrue in most cases. It takes 2 - 3 weeks.
    Bridget .... you have no idea what you're talking about. There have been thousands get clean right here on this forum without the help of their doctor. Ask the doctor for a emergency appointment is crazy. The doctor will most likely tell Stella what she has been told right here. Either taper down OR go cold turkey.

    Granted it's not for the faint of heart, but very doable for the thousands that have successfully done it here. Stella chose to go cold turkey with her detox. The least you could do would be to congratulate her for making the choice to get clean instead of giving false information.

    If you are going to participate on the forum, and you are certainly welcome to do so, please give only the facts. We are dealing with peoples live's here. Making the wrong statement could delay someone who really wants to be clean. Hope this helps. God Bless....Denny
    Suet845 likes this.

  23. #23
    Denny_D is offline Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,864

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bridget1980 View Post
    Stella, please don't try and do this by yourself. Please seek medical attention. Withdrawals can be very dangerous. Anyone who says going cold turkey without aide of meds or a professional healthcare worker is wrong. Call the doctor that prescribed you the med and ask him for an emergency appt. Ask him to taper you off those meds slowly. Also, these same withdrawals you are having could possibly last for a couple of weeks. The 3 day limit is untrue in most cases. It takes 2 - 3 weeks.
    Bridget ..... what you also don't know is that I and many others have been helping Stella on the other thread connected with this forum. You don't know what she has accomplished so far.

    Stella has been through the brunt of the withdrawls and is on her way to being clean. Just a few more hours, or days and she will have done it and feel so much better. All without the use of the doctor. So again please take time to read around the forum and you'll understand just what I mean. And I did say "a couple of weeks".

    Stella .... pay no attention to this person. If you had some medical conditions, cancer for example, or other such problems, then yes a doctor should be advised. But definately not in your situation.

    Keep doing just what you are Stella. You're going to be just fine with this. Your over the hump and well on your way to being clean. Congratulations! God Bless....Denny
    Last edited by Denny_D; 09-27-2011 at 11:23 AM.

  24. #24
    Stellabelle is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    29

    Default Day 6

    Well, I feel a little better today. Some diarrhea, nausea is better but still taking the nausea pills to help so I will eat. I still have a few sweats and feel very weak but looking forward to tommorrow. Trying to walk more but I get so dizzy. I have lost 25 pounds the last two months and need to start eating better. I have always had stomach problems. That was what started me on this, I thought it was just my stomach. Went to my gastrointerologist and he suggested maybe the vicodin addiction. He gave me nausea medicine. I didn't want anymore hardcore pills including valium. That is why I chose cold turkey. It could have been easier but I want to remember forever what these prescribed meds can do to you. I did monitor my blood pressure. I have kept him up on everything. I know people are trying to help, but Denny is right, each of us has our own path and way of doing things and you don't always need doctors supervision. This site has helped me more than anything with support, vital information and suggestions. I will always remember. I am not out of the woods yet, but tonight will start Day 7. My granddaughter has a big birthday party this Saturday, turning 1. I hope to make it, not look sick, and enjoy it. That's the goal now. Thanks again everyone.

  25. #25
    Denny_D is offline Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,864

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stellabelle View Post
    Well, I feel a little better today. Some diarrhea, nausea is better but still taking the nausea pills to help so I will eat. I still have a few sweats and feel very weak but looking forward to tommorrow. Trying to walk more but I get so dizzy. I have lost 25 pounds the last two months and need to start eating better. I have always had stomach problems. That was what started me on this, I thought it was just my stomach. Went to my gastrointerologist and he suggested maybe the vicodin addiction. He gave me nausea medicine. I didn't want anymore hardcore pills including valium. That is why I chose cold turkey. It could have been easier but I want to remember forever what these prescribed meds can do to you. I did monitor my blood pressure. I have kept him up on everything. I know people are trying to help, but Denny is right, each of us has our own path and way of doing things and you don't always need doctors supervision. This site has helped me more than anything with support, vital information and suggestions. I will always remember. I am not out of the woods yet, but tonight will start Day 7. My granddaughter has a big birthday party this Saturday, turning 1. I hope to make it, not look sick, and enjoy it. That's the goal now. Thanks again everyone.
    Stella .... I sure like your attitude young lady! It's so refreshing to work with someone like yourself.

    And it would be great for you to go the your Granddaughters Birthday Party. Anything to keep yourself busy and your mind off the drugs or symptoms.

    Thanks for posting and I continue to wish you the best! Please keep posting and let everyone know how you are doing. God Bless.....Denny

  26. #26
    maximus99 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    700

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Denny_D View Post
    Stella .... I sure like your attitude young lady! It's so refreshing to work with someone like yourself.

    And it would be great for you to go the your Granddaughters Birthday Party. Anything to keep yourself busy and your mind off the drugs or symptoms.

    Thanks for posting and I continue to wish you the best! Please keep posting and let everyone know how you are doing. God Bless.....Denny
    Congrats on your achievment. People of all walks of life, getting clean, and re-capturing and seizing their life back!

    Inspiring.

    More power to ya.

    God Bless,

    Maximus

  27. #27
    Stellabelle is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    29

    Default Day 7

    I thought yesterday was a turning point. Felt better than ever but went downhill again last night and this morning I feel like day 5 again. Must have found a nook and cranny that still needed to be freed from the drug. I have rehab today and it's going to be rough. I am a little down, setting my goals on day 7. But I was thinking when I would have a drink or two once in awhile, it never went well and it took my body a long time to get rid of the effects. Maybe my metabolism is just slow. I will go with this just to keep my mind wrapped right. Hope everyone is doing a little better today and if not you just have to find a way through it. You may not be happy about it but DO IT!

  28. #28
    Bridget1980 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Miami Fl
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Denny_D View Post
    Bridget .... you have no idea what you're talking about. There have been thousands get clean right here on this forum without the help of their doctor. Ask the doctor for a emergency appointment is crazy. The doctor will most likely tell Stella what she has been told right here. Either taper down OR go cold turkey.

    Granted it's not for the faint of heart, but very doable for the thousands that have successfully done it here. Stella chose to go cold turkey with her detox. The least you could do would be to congratulate her for making the choice to get clean instead of giving false information.

    If you are going to participate on the forum, and you are certainly welcome to do so, please give only the facts. We are dealing with peoples live's here. Making the wrong statement could delay someone who really wants to be clean. Hope this helps. God Bless....Denny
    Denny, I am a registered nurse that works for a reputable rehab, so I'm sure I know what I am talking about. Withdrawals can be deadly. If you say they can't be, you are giving false information.

  29. #29
    Denny_D is offline Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,864

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stellabelle View Post
    I thought yesterday was a turning point. Felt better than ever but went downhill again last night and this morning I feel like day 5 again. Must have found a nook and cranny that still needed to be freed from the drug. I have rehab today and it's going to be rough. I am a little down, setting my goals on day 7. But I was thinking when I would have a drink or two once in awhile, it never went well and it took my body a long time to get rid of the effects. Maybe my metabolism is just slow. I will go with this just to keep my mind wrapped right. Hope everyone is doing a little better today and if not you just have to find a way through it. You may not be happy about it but DO IT!
    Stella .... just try to ride this out as best you can. The medication must run it's full course. And it is trying so hard to get you to use again. Don't you do it. I know you won't. You've come too far to give up now.

    Your attitude will prevail you through. It will be over soon, I promise. Just keep doing the next right thing! God Bless.....Denny

  30. #30
    Bridget1980 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Miami Fl
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stellabelle View Post
    Well, I feel a little better today. Some diarrhea, nausea is better but still taking the nausea pills to help so I will eat. I still have a few sweats and feel very weak but looking forward to tommorrow. Trying to walk more but I get so dizzy. I have lost 25 pounds the last two months and need to start eating better. I have always had stomach problems. That was what started me on this, I thought it was just my stomach. Went to my gastrointerologist and he suggested maybe the vicodin addiction. He gave me nausea medicine. I didn't want anymore hardcore pills including valium. That is why I chose cold turkey. It could have been easier but I want to remember forever what these prescribed meds can do to you. I did monitor my blood pressure. I have kept him up on everything. I know people are trying to help, but Denny is right, each of us has our own path and way of doing things and you don't always need doctors supervision. This site has helped me more than anything with support, vital information and suggestions. I will always remember. I am not out of the woods yet, but tonight will start Day 7. My granddaughter has a big birthday party this Saturday, turning 1. I hope to make it, not look sick, and enjoy it. That's the goal now. Thanks again everyone.
    Stella,
    That's great you were able to do this on your own. I was just saying there are dangers to that. When you are feeling better..find a counselor to help talk through any problems you might have. . Maybe go to meetings and get a sponsor to help you thru when things are rough. It is really a great idea to have that support to stay clean. Gd'Luck to you!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22