Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By LongHaul
Vicodin and urine tests? Lets hear some results...
    MsUSA is offline New Member

Cool Vicodin and urine tests? Lets hear some results...

For those of u who took vicodin and had a urine test, wondering how it went. I have (thankfully) been clean for about 2 weeks now. Tramadol helped A LOT with restlestness and body aches. But im was considering taking just 1 10mg tab. I am on probation now so thats why i ceased in the first place. But my question is, how long would just 1 dose stay in my system? Thanks

LongHaul is offline Member

I'm not sure how long vicodin stays in the system. 5 to 7 days, I think, but not sure. What I wanted, is to warn you. Stay away from Tramadol. WD's from that are ten times worse than vic's or other codeine based meds. For the first three days, all I wanted to do was lay in bed.
    Last edited by LongHaul; 07-29-2011 at 09:29 PM.
    shrimpboat 1942 likes this.

Dopesick420 is offline Member

Hey,

Longtime opiate abuser, as well as parolee. Have had hundreds of drug tests. Hyrdrocodone normally is out of ones system in 3-5 days. Of course, one must take into consideration how much and how long one has been using, and the specific persons body. For example, if you took one vicodin, chances are good it would be gone in 2-3 days. You take 10 vicodin a day for 5 years, yeah, it may take a few extra days. Factors such as weight and diet do matter, as well.

Hydrocodone, chemical for brands such as Vicodin, Norco, Lortab, etc... all will come up on a standard dip test, or even a gas chromatograph, as opiates. How far your probation in the district you reside is willing to take the analysis is unknown. Best be safe than sorry. Wish i would have quit using years ago. Good luck,

Dopesick (hopefully for not much longer.)

Quote Originally Posted by MsUSA View Post
    For those of u who took vicodin and had a urine test, wondering how it went. I have (thankfully) been clean for about 2 weeks now. Tramadol helped A LOT with restlestness and body aches. But im was considering taking just 1 10mg tab. I am on probation now so thats why i ceased in the first place. But my question is, how long would just 1 dose stay in my system? Thanks

ARTIST658 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by MsUSA View Post
    Your bigger problem, MsUSA, is not how long "just 1 dose" will show up in your urine - it's that "just 1 dose" will re-ignite the entire nightmare of drug addiction. Once we're addicted, we can no longer predict what will happen when we take "just 1 dose" any longer. Our choices evaporate - and we are at the mercy of the drugs once again.

Honey, if you're already on probation on any kind of charge or incident that has to do with drug use, you're already in a very risky position. Even without knowing much more than you posted here, the signs are all there. You need to pay heed to what is going on in your life right now. Open your eyes, see where drugs have taken you. Be completely honest with yourself.

By the way, tramadol is another addictive drug - and once we've become addicted to one mood-altering, addictive drug, we are not safe taking any other. All we're doing is substituting one addiction for another.

I have been in your shoes - I am NOT judging you, not at all. The sooner you become aware of what drugs have done in your life, the sooner you'll come to realize that this is no way to live. There is another way, there is recovery; there is hope for any of us who want it. Addiction is a progressive disease; we can't go back to controlling our drug use, once we have lost control. As time goes on, the disease progresses - and we need more and more, just to get the same effect. And that addiction consumes more and more of our lives, taking away everything that matters to us.

If you want help, feel free to post - there's many of us here who have been in your shoes, and found a way out. I used to think that drugs were the only thing that made my miserable life any better; come to find out, in recovery, that it was the drugs that were making my life miserable in the first place!

God bless - my prayers are with you,
    Ruth

You will know the truth - and only the truth can set you free.