Vicodin and APAP
    inneed is offline New Member

Default Vicodin and APAP

I've been taking 15-20 10/325's for the past couple of days. Along with this I've been taking 5-7 600mg NAC. I dont' have any symptoms of anything wrong with my liver but now I'm freaking out. Don't know what to do. Do not want to go to the ER b/c then I would have to tell my husband. Anyone with any medical background on here?

I will not do this again. However, can I still taper down with all of this APAP in my system?

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by inneed View Post
    I've been taking 15-20 10/325's for the past couple of days. Along with this I've been taking 5-7 600mg NAC. I dont' have any symptoms of anything wrong with my liver but now I'm freaking out. Don't know what to do. Do not want to go to the ER b/c then I would have to tell my husband. Anyone with any medical background on here?

I will not do this again. However, can I still taper down with all of this APAP in my system?

You know that you need to knock off all that but the liver is very resilient. Trust me that once I stopped using opiates my liver numbers straightened right up.

Adding all the diferent meds I was taking over 100 pills a day for a long time and LOTS of opiates. They even had me going to a hematologist as my liver count was getting pretty bad.

It's one thing if you're shooting a bunch of drugs, then you're in danger, but very few pill heads ever do enough damage that won't straighten itself out if you just start behaving yourself. Hope that helps. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

Thank you. But I still need to taper so I don't have major withdrawals. If I keep it under 4...can I still take a couple today?

Yes just taper down for a couple weeks and then jump off cold using the Thomas Recipe for opiate w/d. It's helped lots of people here. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

Robert--what would be a good taper schedule for the norco? I went from 20 to 15 last night. I did wake up in a sweat. Would dropping only five really cause me to feel that way? I find that hard to believe. I plan on only taking 12 today. Is this a good idea or bad idea? Thank you so much.

Robert--what would be a good taper schedule for the norco? I went from 20 to 15 last night. I did wake up in a sweat. Would dropping only five really cause me to feel that way? I find that hard to believe. I plan on only taking 12 today. Is this a good idea or bad idea? Thank you so much.

Even if you went down a couple a day it would be fine. Do that until you get down to a few a day then jump to the Thomas Recipe. Shouldn't be too painful like that. God bless.

yezdegerd is offline Senior Member

I used to take about that many. 20-15 you won't notice much, even all the way down to a few, then a couple, then 1 ect. The difference between norco tapering and suboxone is sub has a 3 day half life, as to where when I tapered off norco i noticed after taking 5mg in the morning for the 3rd straight day of taking 5mg only in the morning that the wd still hit in about 4-6 hours after. You will have WD, but maybe you should let someone know and help you monitor. It's really hard when you have 10 left to just take 1. Taking that 1 just means you're going to be sitting there thinking about the other 9 ;/

It's gonna be tough either way, but if you're ready you'll do it! GL!

Oh, and the reason for this post that i almost left out! That's the downside of painkillers you don't notice in the beginning. It's the "phantom pains" that you don't blame the norco for, but that's exactly what it is. Your body really isn't in that bad of shape, it's the pills. Kinda like having a hangover after a night of participating in a destruction derby haha
    Last edited by yezdegerd; 10-27-2010 at 06:03 PM. Reason: forgot to add something

Opee is offline Senior Member

Hi, I've tapered off, gone cold turkey and relapsed on Norco's more times than I can count. I was @ 20-30 a day (closer to 30) and I finally got off them about 6 weeks ago. It was rough as hell, I ain't gonna sugar coat it. The times I tapered were the easiest (but I've kicked every way that I know), so if you have the supply I would 100% follow Robert's suggestion on the taper. Either way, you've got a tough 5-10 days (mine was about 14, but I was pretty bad) ahead of you either way. Why not just bite the bullet? The Thomas Recipe has it's uses, but you can quickly find yourself spending $100 at GNC when what you really need is Klonopin, Immodium, Pottassium and a multi-vitamin. I've ridden many a week out that way, you can, too.

Stay strong, keep us updated,

Your Pal,
    Opee
    That which does not kill me makes me stronger.

Thank you both. Opee- when I hit 20 and started freaking out about what I was doing to my liver--I said ENOUGH. I seriously would go to bed thinking I just killed myself. I do have a dr's appt on Mon to check my liver. I went from 20 to 16. Tonight I'm planning on going to 12. Tomorrow 10--and that's about as far as I thought it through.

What was your taper schedule? I'm actually doing pretty good. Once I got it in my mind-I stopped obsessing over it.

Opee is offline Senior Member

Thank you both. Opee- when I hit 20 and started freaking out about what I was doing to my liver--I said ENOUGH. I seriously would go to bed thinking I just killed myself. I do have a dr's appt on Mon to check my liver. I went from 20 to 16. Tonight I'm planning on going to 12. Tomorrow 10--and that's about as far as I thought it through.

What was your taper schedule? I'm actually doing pretty good. Once I got it in my mind-I stopped obsessing over it.
    The few times I successfully tapered was about a month the first time and I think 2 weeks or so the other time; it really is hard to remember... I just reduced it by a pill or 2 a day every 3 days. If you like, I have it very well documented on my thread. More often than not, a well-intentioned taper turned into a binge because I lack the will power to have them in the house. Just try and drop it a pill or 2 a day every several days. Rome wasn't built in a day. I got so used to being either high or in a perpetual state of W/D that it became a part of my life. Spare yourself as much as possible, but be ready to feel like Death for a bit. Nobody ever died from opiate W/D that I ever heard of. Just keep making progress and you'll be OK. Trust me, I know. Only took me 2 years to get it right.

Keep us updated on your plans, we care.

Opee
    That which does not kill me makes me stronger.