URGENT PLEASe HELP!
    carson9 is offline New Member

Exclamation URGENT PLEASe HELP!

I am tested by a 7 panel drug screen which I know for a fact, and was wondering if hydrocodone would metabolize into anything which would cause a positive result?

Also I have researched this a bit prior to posting this and cant come up with a clear answer as to what exactly hydrocodone metabolizes into..

thanks for your help

quick note---The test is not sent to a lab.

picablue is offline Member

Yes. It will come up in most tests of that nature. But all you need to do is show them your prescription and explain why you have it.

If you don't have a script, then you may have bigger problem than the drug test.

yea i have a script but its still a little bit uncomfortable for me... thanks...any other input is welcome

yezdegerd is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by carson9 View Post
    yea i have a script but its still a little bit uncomfortable for me... thanks...any other input is welcome
    If you have a script they can test to see how much you take. It goes through your system pretty quickly though. I passed a test within 3 days

AnnieC50 is offline Member

The company that I work for test to see that you have no more than you are prescribed in your system. Not sure how they do this but it states in our employee handbook that they do.

Annie

Kauf is offline Member

What they say and what they do are 2 different things. Opiates don't last long in your system so I don't think the levels will be accurate
    Goodbye and go with God (Thank you Marian)

I still see all this stuff that says hydrocodone breaks down into hydromorphone so it wont show up as an opiate..is that incorrect?

caughtagain is offline Diamond Member

Carson... I have been on both sides. I have tested in a lab and I have used Vicodins like they were buttered popcorn at a movie.. To the best of my knowledge Hydro CODONE will not convert to MORPHONE. Although they are opiates, one is a synthetic codiene (CODONE) and one is a derivative of morphine (morphone)...... However, the test can most definetly measure amount taken. I once lost a great job that I was offered because of that. They offered me a job, I took the test, script and all and then I was informed my levels were off the chart..... All my best........CA

ok so all the stuff i see about hydrocodone not coming up as an opiate...is incorrect?

jboss10 is offline Member

Not sure about this topic but Hydrocodone and Hydromorphone are two completely different opiates. Hydromorphone is Dilaudid. Way stronger in potency. Just to quickly clarify.
    "But there's no need to pretend, no need for innocence. I've got to be honest now"

caughtagain is offline Diamond Member

hydrocodone IS AN OPIATE...... But there are different types of opiates.. Think of it this was. An Apple is an Apple, but there are different types of Apples...