update~ hoping the people that helped me back in may are still here
    iwantoutnow is offline Member

Default update~ hoping the people that helped me back in may are still here

last may i came here asking for help weaning of percs because i was pregnant. well last thursday october 25 at 6:42pm i delivered a healthy happy 6lb8oz baby boy. whats funny is the story behind his birth. we had an appointment that day and the midwife checked me said i was 1cm and 50% effaced but she said she did not see me going into active labor for atleast a day or 2 considering my contractions werent consistant. my mother in law asked to keep my other kids with her that night to be on the safe side but stubborn me refused saying no it wont be tonight and i want every second before this birth spent with my kids because they are going to be facing a huge change too. 11 pm that night i was laying in bed watching tv and playing games on my comp and my water broke. ive never had my water break before and of co???? my hubby at first kept insisting it wasnt my water and i just peed myself until i stood up and he could see it was still gushing. so it was a mad dash finishing up my hospital bag because yes i had unpacked it that day silly me and get my kids ready while my mother in law rushed to pick them up. then i called an ambulance and off i went. contractions started getting pretty strong in the ambulance and the guy riding in the back eventually told the driver turn on ur lights or we may be delivering a kid here. we get to the hospital and they bring me straight to l&d where they drop me off in triage to sit and have my water leaking everywhere for a good 5 mins. first nurse i saw did not believe it was my water and told me i would more than likely be sent home well she felt stupid because as soon as the dr walked in they didnt even have to check me to be able to tell that yes my water had broken so off to l&d suite i go. by now my water had broken 2 hours before and the baby's head was still fairly high so i was not allowed to sit up or stand because they were worried about a prolapsed cord. i got the epidural as quickly as i could and pretty much right away i felt much better. they told me that they would be in every hour to help turn me because the meds work with gravity and if u dont switch sides eventually 1 side wont have any meds and the other one will be overly medicated. about 17 hours into labor they came to turn me to my left side and the baby's heart rate dropped drastically so it was a huge ordeal with the whole room filled with nurses and 2 drs they had to flip me back over so here i am scared to death for my baby AND feeling every contraction on my left side. drs still felt like i could still succeed in a vbac so they convinced me to continue trying until they felt otherwise. by 20 hours my labor had stalled and i gave in to have a csection. now here i am 4 going on 5 days post delivery and not one opiate pill has touched my lips thanks to you guys. yes i am in a drastic amount of pain not only from the csection but my body trying to heal from the 20 hours of labor but im proud to say im not letting this throw me off the wagon. although fair warning to those women in recovery i did find out that the epidural is actually a large part fetanyl so please be aware of that. again thank you to every single one of you guys that helped me through my time of need im sure i would not have a healthy baby now if it werent for you! here is a pic of my amazing little bundle of joy.

[IMG]67138_3828689797053_1417222317_n.jpg[/IMG]

ok for some reason it did not let me add my pic so if someone can tell me how >> be more than happy to add it

Comeback Kid is offline Member

congrats. And you have to upload the picture to the internet (tinypic, etc.) then link it. Take care
    Quotes that keep me going:

"Do you have another day 1 in you?"
    "If not now, when?"
    “When a train goes through a tunnel and it gets dark, you don't throw away the ticket and jump off. You sit still and trust the engineer.”

Clean as of 02.03.2012

Anonymous Guest

congratulations iwantoutnow. good on ya girl. keep up the good work. and stay clean. you never have to use again. you should be well proud of yourself...

caughtagain is offline Diamond Member

Congrats Now!!! just keep making the next right decision! All my best, Reid

heres the pic

MiracleBabyy is offline New Member

Default Congratulations!

Quote Originally Posted by iwantoutnow View Post

heres the pic
    I have spent the last hour or so reading through your posts because I am in the same situation that you were in months ago... I want to tell you that you have inspired me in SO many ways! I would love to talk with you if you have time to e-mail me. Bri2101485@maricopa.edu . Congratulations again on your healthy, happy, and beautiful baby boy! So happy to hear that you are hanging in there. I am 10 weeks and hoping that I am able to be as strong a you! Look forward to hearing from you soon. I hope you still check this