Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 31
Like Tree14Likes
update!
  1. #1
    jl78 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    112

    Default update!

    ok guys it has been 6 days with out snorting perc30's!! this is the longest i have gone since last august with out some kind of oxycodone...... an i have done it with a total of 16 mg's of suboxone. my last piece of sub was this morning.... about 2mg chunk, if that.......... I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MAD AT THE MONEY I SPENT BUYING 30'S OFF THE STREET!!!! i SPENT at least 5-9 thousand dollars the past 6 months... I am broke now an have no job, lucky to be back at home since my accident last aug. the time waiting for the induction of my sub dose was the worst!! wonder if i will get any w/d symptoms from the small amount of sub's i used? anyway just want to give an update and a shout out to those giving me pep talks........CK,MOON,CLASSIC, AND EVERYONE ELSE THAT I'AM MISSING ATM!!! THANKS GUYS, WILL KEEP UPDATING.
    Comeback Kid likes this.

  2. #2
    Comeback Kid is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Dixie
    Posts
    836

    Default

    that's awesome JL! Glad to hear. I hope you don't have too bad of withdrawls from the SB. Hang in there bud. Its much better on this side.
    Hi my name is Adam, i'm an addict
    "Do you have another day 1 in you?"
    “If I can't win what sense does it make to fight?” -Father Martin on Step 1
    Clean as of 05.30.2014 (4:00pm)

  3. #3
    jl78 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    112

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Comeback Kid View Post
    that's awesome JL! Glad to hear. I hope you don't have too bad of withdrawls from the SB. Hang in there bud. Its much better on this side.
    why do you think using about 2mg of sub's a day for 5 days then stopping will leave me with bad w/d's?

  4. #4
    iloerose is online now Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    3,128

    Default

    Did you induct yourself properly on the sub? 2mg. sub is a pretty high dose to jump from and they have a long half-life. Soooo, I wouldn't rule out the possibility that you will have some w/d. It's possible that the sub masked the effects of w/d from snorting oxy's. However, you need to remember that the subs are drugs as well.

    Peace

    Iloerose

  5. #5
    jl78 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    112

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by iloerose View Post
    Did you induct yourself properly on the sub? 2mg. sub is a pretty high dose to jump from and they have a long half-life. Soooo, I wouldn't rule out the possibility that you will have some w/d. It's possible that the sub masked the effects of w/d from snorting oxy's. However, you need to remember that the subs are drugs as well.

    Peace

    Iloerose
    tI started at 3:30 am monday with about a 2mg chunk, then at 8am with another 2mg,then tue morning about 2mg at 9 , same for wed./thur/ and yesterday. none today as i am out. feel ok so far

  6. #6
    iloerose is online now Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    3,128

    Default

    I've heard it's been done. Let the folks here know how it goes. I know you have friends on this site. Hope you stay clean this time around.

    Iloerose

  7. #7
    ClassiqueMom is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    814

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jl78 View Post
    why do you think using about 2mg of sub's a day for 5 days then stopping will leave me with bad w/d's?
    hi jl78!
    i think because that is NOT how the program works!
    2 mg is an awful lot of this stuff to jump off of.. at least from what i've read..

    here's a link to someone who jumped at ONE (1) mg .. it's not a pretty picture, even a month later..

    http://www.drugs.com/forum/need-talk...-57943-23.html <--click

    and...... here's the protocol for getting off subs.. just incase you need to read it (again)

    http://www.drugs.com/forum/featured-...apy-50887.html

    allll my best!
    Classique MoM

  8. #8
    jl78 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    112

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ClassiqueMom View Post
    hi jl78!
    i think because that is NOT how the program works!
    2 mg is an awful lot of this stuff to jump off of.. at least from what i've read..

    here's a link to someone who jumped at ONE (1) mg .. it's not a pretty picture, even a month later..

    http://www.drugs.com/forum/need-talk...-57943-23.html <--click

    and...... here's the protocol for getting off subs.. just incase you need to read it (again)

    http://www.drugs.com/forum/featured-...apy-50887.html

    allll my best!
    Classique MoM
    well i feel physically fine so far today...... 48 hrs with no opiates! but this post you just made classique mom, has me worried.

  9. #9
    ClassiqueMom is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    814

    Default

    hi jl78..

    don't mean to worry you, really!! you'll know how you feel soon enough..

    it's just that i've been watching you try to fight this since the beginning of the year
    when you first posted..

    only thing is.. i haven't seen you following 'the program' ..
    so often you've said:

    "i've got this many subs.. i'm gonna divide into 2mg pieces and take them
    til their gone..

    now you may not have said it exactly like that.. but go back and re-read your posts
    and re-read all the times you've failed..

    i just wanted to point out, that maybe? it's because you're doing it YOUR way, instead
    of Robert's plan.. maybe? maybe? that's the reason it's not working?

    you say you want this.. and i believe you..

    just throwing it out there, that maybe? following the tried and true plan might work better for you!

    all my best and prayers too!
    Classique MoM
    Comeback Kid likes this.

  10. #10
    jl78 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    112

    Default

    man the repercussions from my drug addiction is enormous, here i am with my car in the garage because i cant come up with 150 dollars to pay my mechanic, when 5 months ago i had a settlement check for 67k in my hands. my emotions are all over the place. I have not taken oxycodone in 8 days, did how ever take a 2mg chunk of sub yesterday, the depression i feel cause of the situation i am in is unbearable, hopefully i want get w/d from the very short term sub use. I dont know what to do with myself. I have a son who lives with his mom, thats the only reason i think i will stay on this earth. so lost and depressed an scared. as i said before sooooooo mad at the money i wasted away up my nose. that alone is enough to make anyone go insane.

  11. #11
    deleted116 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    497

    Default

    Hey there, I know it's so hard, but try not to dwell on how badly you've damaged your financial situation. I'm right there with you....that is the biggest consequence of my using. I ruined our previously perfect credit and put us into alot of debt. Sometimes when I feel proud of myself for lasting this long, I'll start to feel down that we are still dealing with the consequences and will be for some time to come.

    The only thing that makes me feel better is thinking where would would be if I kept using. Things would have gotten SO bad. In fact, I'm positive that I quit right when I was on the line of losing alot.

    Just keep putting one foot in front of the other and doing the next right thing and don't let the guilt push you back into making the same mistakes...
    ClassiqueMom and toni.s. like this.

  12. #12
    Crystalclear651 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    520

    Default

    Don't focus on the negative, N congrats for not touching your DOC. Just know the depression n anxiety are part of the wd process as well...not sure if that's comforting but it did help me to hear it... Do u have the ability to get more subs so u can taper it down properly? I don't have personal experience with short-term sub use after opiates so I can't attest to what is right or wrong but I do know if u have the ability to do so, maybe taper down a bit farther? If u can't, just hang in there n take vitamins ...Robert suggested kava kava to me for my anxiety n it has helped, I also take 5htp (supposed to help w mood n sleep), gaba (another mood helper), reg multi vitamin, vit d, c, a probiotic (to help my tummy), n have heard l tyrosine helps w energy but my body got too jittery on it, but if ur tired n depressed could help ya. Don't look backward at this or that or things u wish u didn't do, move forward, one way or another. Also maybe a great idea to join a local mtg at NA?

    Well just wanted to drop in real quick n offer my support. Good luck n keep posting hun
    Quote Originally Posted by jl78 View Post
    man the repercussions from my drug addiction is enormous, here i am with my car in the garage because i cant come up with 150 dollars to pay my mechanic, when 5 months ago i had a settlement check for 67k in my hands. my emotions are all over the place. I have not taken oxycodone in 8 days, did how ever take a 2mg chunk of sub yesterday, the depression i feel cause of the situation i am in is unbearable, hopefully i want get w/d from the very short term sub use. I dont know what to do with myself. I have a son who lives with his mom, thats the only reason i think i will stay on this earth. so lost and depressed an scared. as i said before sooooooo mad at the money i wasted away up my nose. that alone is enough to make anyone go insane.

  13. #13
    Comeback Kid is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Dixie
    Posts
    836

    Default

    man JL. Im 130+ days out, and im still trying to repair all my financial screw ups. We'll get there soon enough. You just have to stay clean. Good luck
    Hi my name is Adam, i'm an addict
    "Do you have another day 1 in you?"
    “If I can't win what sense does it make to fight?” -Father Martin on Step 1
    Clean as of 05.30.2014 (4:00pm)

  14. #14
    jl78 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    112

    Default

    10 days off perc 30's, 3 days since a 2 mg piece of sub...... physically i feel ok, a little wagging of the legs last night.... no biggie, hope nothing else sneaks up on me as i do know sub's have a long half life, but i only used a total of about 18mg's in a 13 day period.... i look so much better in the mirror, i look into my eyes, they seam clearer an brighter...... not pinned, have not seem them in a while like that. I will continue to post. thanks to all you guys for your support, CK , MOON, BRKKID, CLASSIC, MOON, I know theres more I am missing....... thanks again
    Last edited by jl78; 06-20-2012 at 07:11 PM. Reason: spell
    Comeback Kid likes this.

  15. #15
    jl78 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    112

    Default

    another day clean, last night was a little better with the rls then the previous night, feel a little jittery but other then that relatively ok , just emotions are all over the place.
    Comeback Kid likes this.

  16. #16
    Comeback Kid is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Dixie
    Posts
    836

    Default

    hang in there JL. I promise you it gets better. The fruits of your labor will begin to show, and it will be full steam ahead. Just keep up the good fight brother.
    jl78 and Sunny mom like this.
    Hi my name is Adam, i'm an addict
    "Do you have another day 1 in you?"
    “If I can't win what sense does it make to fight?” -Father Martin on Step 1
    Clean as of 05.30.2014 (4:00pm)

  17. #17
    jl78 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    112

    Default

    soo feeling good physically today. Is it possible I wont get any WD's sneaking up on me. look at my first post in this thread for reference
    Comeback Kid likes this.

  18. #18
    Comeback Kid is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Dixie
    Posts
    836

    Default

    glad to hear JL. When did you last take a sub? Not sure on the withdrawls. If they don't come, even better Don't worry yourself over it though.
    toni.s. likes this.
    Hi my name is Adam, i'm an addict
    "Do you have another day 1 in you?"
    “If I can't win what sense does it make to fight?” -Father Martin on Step 1
    Clean as of 05.30.2014 (4:00pm)

  19. #19
    ClassiqueMom is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    814

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jl78 View Post
    soo feeling good physically today. Is it possible I wont get any WD's sneaking up on me. look at my first post in this thread for reference
    by the grace of God, I hope so!!

    praying you 'got it' this time around, jl78.. i really am!
    Classique MoM

  20. #20
    jl78 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    112

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Comeback Kid View Post
    glad to hear JL. When did you last take a sub? Not sure on the withdrawls. If they don't come, even better Don't worry yourself over it though.
    my last sub was 2mg's and that was june 16th , so 5 days ago.

  21. #21
    Strong Desire is offline Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,406

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jl78 View Post
    my last sub was 2mg's and that was june 16th , so 5 days ago.
    Tha's awesome jl. Glad to hear that you're doing very well. Congrats on the 5 days! Very impressive! Keep up the great work and I'll chat with you later.

    Hugs,
    Karen

  22. #22
    toni.s. is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    571

    Default

    sounds like u may be in the clear..just keep it up! and don't look back. and don't use! and ur days can KEEP getting BETTER!

  23. #23
    jl78 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    112

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Strong Desire View Post
    Tha's awesome jl. Glad to hear that you're doing very well. Congrats on the 5 days! Very impressive! Keep up the great work and I'll chat with you later.

    Hugs,
    Karen
    thanks STRONG DESIRE...... an thats 5 days off subs, 12 off percs!!
    Comeback Kid likes this.

  24. #24
    Comeback Kid is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Dixie
    Posts
    836

    Default

    You are still only 5 days clean Just don't get ahead of yourself. Credit is due certainly, but just keep in mind its a long road. You're doing a great job. And seem to have a good attitude about it. Keep it up brother.
    ClassiqueMom likes this.
    Hi my name is Adam, i'm an addict
    "Do you have another day 1 in you?"
    “If I can't win what sense does it make to fight?” -Father Martin on Step 1
    Clean as of 05.30.2014 (4:00pm)

  25. #25
    ClassiqueMom is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    814

    Default

    comeback kid's right.. it's a long road.. but do NOT despair! take a lQQk back and see how far you've come!!
    Good on you!! .. NO going back!! jl78
    P - R - A - Y - E - R
    When life gets too hard to stand...KNEEL !

  26. #26
    toni.s. is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    571

    Default

    hey jl78, what are u doing for support? u can always go to a mtg..i know u said that u have no job and ur broke.. but mtgs are a great place to STAY in recovery. and they're FREE!
    ClassiqueMom likes this.

  27. #27
    jl78 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    112

    Default

    man i slept ok last night, but i wake up really early with nothing to do , an wicked depressed. I feel like death today!! I am baffled?!? I also have wicked cravings. just venting a little, gonna put the Redsox game on I guess. man today is a rough day.

  28. #28
    Lost_soldier is offline Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    ARMY BASE, USA
    Posts
    206

    Default

    I think if you get up and out of the house like you have been doing then you will feel allot better. is today your first day being home all day? the UFC fight is on in two hours so there is something to do lol

  29. #29
    jl78 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    112

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lost_soldier View Post
    I think if you get up and out of the house like you have been doing then you will feel allot better. is today your first day being home all day? the UFC fight is on in two hours so there is something to do lol
    I go out as much as i can, I went to the mall today with out a dollar in my pocket while the 3 other people I was with had fun shopping an eating. I made up the excuse that i had a stomach ache, thats why I didn't get anything from the food court. what a depressing 3 hours..... on top of fealing physically ??????. ?????? day all together!! I dont know what to do anymore. I am at a lost at age 33, living at home, broke, depressed, but on a good note....... no perc 30's for almost 14 days. and almost 7 of no sub's..... although the sub use was only to help with the wd's from the perc's.

  30. #30
    Lost_soldier is offline Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    ARMY BASE, USA
    Posts
    206

    Default Better things to come!

    Quote Originally Posted by jl78 View Post
    I go out as much as i can, I went to the mall today with out a dollar in my pocket while the 3 other people I was with had fun shopping an eating. I made up the excuse that i had a stomach ache, thats why I didn't get anything from the food court. what a depressing 3 hours..... on top of fealing physically ??????. ?????? day all together!! I dont know what to do anymore. I am at a lost at age 33, living at home, broke, depressed, but on a good note....... no perc 30's for almost 14 days. and almost 7 of no sub's..... although the sub use was only to help with the wd's from the perc's.
    Thats Funny man, im sorry it just made me laugh thinking about the "No Pigeons" song. Music was my Savior. I will be 29 this year and have been in the US Army for the last 11. all though a great career i really have nothing to show for it. so dont feel bad or worry about the past because it's our future that matters now.

    That's good that you went out with your friends. Even though you didnt spend money or have a good time it is the baby steps we take towards living a normal sober life that count. we are relearning to live again

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22