Tylenol Cold expired 2 years ago
    malmsteen is offline New Member

Default Tylenol Cold expired 2 years ago

I just realized that I took Tylenol Cold Night Time (blue pills)that had expired 2 years ago. The expiry date on it was 08/06. So it's been over 2 years since it expired.
    It still worked for me, put me into sleep and just woke up and saw the package and got shocked to see the expiry date on it.
    Am I in big trouble by taking such old pills?
    I'd appreciate any insights.

Mario84 is offline Junior Member

No you are going to be fine, just watch out to see if one of your fingers turn greenish or falls off... if that doesnt happen you will make it i promise

musicman48 is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by malmsteen View Post
    I just realized that I took Tylenol Cold Night Time (blue pills)that had expired 2 years ago. The expiry date on it was 08/06. So it's been over 2 years since it expired.
    It still worked for me, put me into sleep and just woke up and saw the package and got shocked to see the expiry date on it.
    Am I in big trouble by taking such old pills?
    I'd appreciate any insights.
    Yes you will be fine.You may want to do some medicine cabinet cleaning.I just did the day and I tossed alot of otc meds that had expired.you will be fine.

Mario84 is offline Junior Member

are your fingers still skin color? LoL just want to make sure your okay and still with us, hope all is well !
    -Mario

malmsteen is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mario84 View Post
    are your fingers still skin color? LoL just want to make sure your okay and still with us, hope all is well !
    -Mario
    No! My fingers just turned green and started falling off!!
    But I managed to super glue them so they're still together.

lol. Yes I'm fine...but more worried about the potential issues that it might cause because my stomach is not feeling too well all day long. Hopefully it'll be ok by tomorrow. Still...a bit worried though.

musicman48 is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by malmsteen View Post
    No! My fingers just turned green and started falling off!!
    But I managed to super glue them so they're still together.

lol. Yes I'm fine...but more worried about the potential issues that it might cause because my stomach is not feeling too well all day long. Hopefully it'll be ok by tomorrow. Still...a bit worried though.
    You will be fine.It is a good idea to get rid of all of your expired meds, vitamins etc.Read your warning labels carefully.Expired drugs can stop being effective,but rarely cause illness.