Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By florida76
Trying to Quit Suboxone (READ THIS NOW)
    florida76 is offline New Member

Default Trying to Quit Suboxone (READ THIS NOW)

Hi Everyone,

I wanted everyone here that is trying to quit suboxone to know that Robert and Henry WILL get you clean using their taper plan/schedule. I had only been taking suboxone for about 1.5 months and then tried to stop. I would make it 72 hours and then the WDs would start up. I would then take suboxone for a few days and try again to quit. The result was always the same - 3 days later I was in WDs.

I cannot tell you how scared I was. I had read all of the horror stories about how sick I was going to be and that suboxone's long half-life would make the WD symptoms go on for a couple of weeks or more. To anyone who has every been through withdrawal this sounds like a nightmare.

Luckily, I found Henry. He answered my post and offered to help me "one-on-one" via email. I inducted at 1mg and worked my way down by 25% every four days as recommended. During this taper, I had no physical symptoms other than light anxiety and occasional sweats and chills. During the skip days I felt a little worse, but I can tell you that once I got to 4 days without Suboxone the symptoms dissipated quickly. My last dose of of suboxone was Wednesday, May 18th. I am feeling great.

Some things to remember:
    1) Follow the plan EXACTLY. A couple of times I tried to rush the process by either reducing the time between reductions from 4 days to 3 days. Or by going down in dose by 33% instead of 25%. When I did that, I would notice my symptoms would flare up. Just follow the plan.

2) When you get to the end you will start skipping days. You will dose then skip a day, then dose and skip 2 days, then dose and skip 3 days, etc. The 3 day skip was the hardest. I had to do it twice. The second time around, I pushed through to 4 days and the symptoms when down by 50%.

The bottom line is this. The closer you follow the plan, the more painless the process is. I truly believe someone can use Henry and Robert's taper plan and transition off subs with little to no WDs.

Summary:

- Induct at the lowest possible dose.
    - Measure your doses as little piles and really try to make them as accurate as possible.
    - reduce by 25% every 4 days.
    - During the skip days if you have to go back and repeat any of the skips, dont worry the second time around they will be easier.
    - NEVER panic and take extra suboxone it just sets you back.

Henry helped me, and he was there for me whenever I needed him. He is a good person, and he knows how to get you off suboxone. Whenever doubt creeps into your mind, and it will, just follow the plan. I am living proof that you can get clean with very little discomfort in a relativley short period of time using this taper schedule.

TRUST ME... I was so worried that getting off suboxone was going to be a nightmare, but it can be done. Don't listen to the horror stories. Those people took too high a dose and jumped all over the place with the dose amount, frequency, etc. Henry will tell you that a taper is a PROCESS NOT AN EVENT. Think about that phrase, follow the plan, and you will be clean. I promise you that.

Good luck to everyone out there. And to Henry, thank you sir! I owe you more than you ever will know my friend.

rick56 is offline Member

Florida,

Thank you for posting and congratulations.
    Love the success stories.
    Rick

nealyswife is offline New Member

Default I hope it works as well for me...

Thank you for posting your story..I am so hoping you are telling the truth and its not some sort of scam...because I am so ready to quit...have no insurance for rehab or outside support...being addicted to suboxone sucks and I want out

yezdegerd is offline Senior Member

Did they tell you that you won the UK lottery? Did they tell you that you inherited money from the prince of nigeria? Did you wire them money via paypal? If you answered no to all these questions then I don't think its a scam, just a couple of nice guys who have been here helping people get off drugs for a decade free of charge

newyorkgal is offline Platinum Member

What kind of scam could it possibly be and what would be the purpose? Just asking. I am one who did not follow the plan, have been on sub for 3 years or so, have a lot of fear and anxiety, but I've been spending my last weeks reading the success stories. I've dropped my dose to almost the end. I suppose, it's better late than never lol. Henry and Robert make no money off of this. They do it to be good guys. If you want off sub, it's the way to go.

Anonymous Guest

florida76, thank you for posting this. Congrats on your success! I know you are so happy to be off the Sub-train

Henry is my coach too....he goes above and beyond what a person would expect in helping me. I have been on Subs 3.5 years and 3 years of that was at a very high dose so you can imagine the fear I have in doing this.
    Henry is so kind, so patient and explains everything to me in detail.

So far, I am doing very well....physical symptoms are almost NOTHING....the hardest thing for me is the emotional as I have melancholy/anxiety. I think I did that to myself though as I tried to taper too quickly on my own before I found this site. Robert always says that if you don't do it right, it will follow you on down and that's what I think has happened with my depression....I keep thinking positively and I know that eventually, my brain will heal itself and this will pass.
    Physically, I have not been sick at all!

I am so thankful for those here who so unselfishly help others. I've been reading a lot of Eckart Tolle and my Bible....so good to find a place where principles of helping others is enacted in front of our eyes on a daily basis

Enjoy your new life....freedom! So proud of you. florida!

relaybane is offline Junior Member

congratulations! i know sub is better than opiods but nothing is better than sobriety! have a great life now!

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by nealyswife View Post
    Thank you for posting your story..I am so hoping you are telling the truth and its not some sort of scam...because I am so ready to quit...have no insurance for rehab or outside support...being addicted to suboxone sucks and I want out

nealyswife........ If you want some help tell me about your using history, your story with the subs, at what dose, for how long, etc. I need some information to know how to help you. Tell me something about yourself and I'll try to help you if you'll do as I ask. I promise you that I know how to do this. God bless.
    Last edited by Robert_325; 05-30-2011 at 08:58 PM.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

HenryNCBA is offline Advanced Member

Florida76,

The credit goes to you buddy not me. When I first came to this sight I was a mess and all over the place. It was Robert and his plan that got me clean. Since then I have been studying every chance I get about opiates, dependence, addiction, and various tapers and rest assured by far non works like this plan. It is regimented and if you read in detail and reread over and over again the true beauty of it is it is so very simple that it is very difficult to mess it up. Just follow the guidelines to the letter and cross every "T" and dot every "i" and you will be the one to benefit from this process. By the way that quote of "this is a process not an event" came from Robert not me and I am just quoting what he told me but it is the truth!
    I have said time and time again that subs are tiny yet VERY powerful meds and the vast majority of the horror stories is from folks that either rush the process, take too much, not take enough, vary the timing of doses or all of the above. Once a person starts subs there is a protocol that must be adhered to. Vary outside of the boundaries and trouble starts. Example is say a person is scripted subs be it Suboxone or Subutex either one your choice. The doctor instructs you to take too high a dose. Remember that subs are 30 to 40 times more powerful than morphine all variables being equal. They are much more potent than any oxy class pain meds also. So in essence what happens is the doctor just made you into a high dose addict if you take it for a while so you know what happens if you try to stop. You are not C/T'ing off just lots of oxy's or hydro's now. You are stopping a VERY potent medication suddenly! No wonder people feel like they are going to keel over! Who wouldn't!!! These high dose folks need to taper down if they are still on the high dose. If they stopped and went into W/D then they have to realize that there is a long half life, up to 72 hours depending on metabolism and individual differences, so it takes a while to get the subs out of your system so for what seems like eternity they are in a very bad state of suffering. Once they hit a minimum of 26 on the COWS worksheet they can start their induction. Another quote is "start you on the absolute minimum amount of sub necessary to get you stabilized". This does not mean take 2 mgs now and in 1/2 hour you feel crummy so pop another 1 mg and a half hour later you still feel bad so you panic and pop say 2 mgs then in an hour you start to feel better and consider this a success. You just consumed 5 mgs of sub in 1 hours! This is just an example now but those of you who did something similar know what I am talking about. Sure you may feel fine, for the moment, and perhaps even the next day as you think 5 mgs is your starting point but WAIT!!! Why do you feel so terrible around day 3? Remember the half life? In starting you want to start off small. WAIT a while before you take the next increase to see where you stabilize at an that doesn't mean 1/2 hour! You need a minimum of 60 to 90 minutes for it to soak in and adhere to your receptors. Sure it gets into your blood stream directly under your tongue but that doesn't mean it is up and running at full capacity. Give it a chance to work and don't rush it. I keep saying that "once taken you can not un-take so best to take less because you can always increase but if you take too much you can not undo what you just took". Also "when in doubt don't take. Ask and wait for an answer. Waiting no matter if it is a day or two is not going to kill you. You may feel like it but you won't". Panic is the worst enemy when starting and working with subs. Remember that subs is no miracle drug. It is (another quote) just a tool to help you taper off. Use it wisely and you will reap the benefits. Abuse it and suffer the consequences. When a body is in moderate to severe W/D it takes much less sub to stabilize you. You don't want to be at 26 on the COWS or higher then dump a whole lot of sub suddenly into your system. That would be a big mistake and there is no undoing that and you just have to suffer the consequences and let it flush itself out of your system and that takes quite a while due to the long half life. Mathematical formulas are fun to look at and work up but are pretty much useless because everyone has a different metabolism. Subs also is not for everyone.

Florida76 I am very proud of you and your accomplishment! You had stated in the beginning how afraid you were and wanted to keep this as private as possible. You and your wife were also worried about your future and I told you that if you follow the instructions to the letter you will be off these things and soon it will all just be a blurry memory as you start to enjoy the life you deserve. You have done well and now are enjoying the benefits of a clean and healthy lifestyle. Continue on with you victory and always do the right thing. I wish you and your wife the most wonderful life that you could ever imagine and remember that if you put your mind to it and commit you can do anything!

Henry

Ashleyneedshelp is offline New Member

Exclamation Robert or Henry can you help me!?

Hi, I am in lots of pain. I have been on Suboxone for over a year. I barely take 3mg a day and decided to completely stop. I am on day three put I can't take it anymore. I am so aggravated, agitated, sneezing, coughing, I can't sleep and I am being so mean. I don't want to be like this anymore. I am so ashamed and want to get off of it. I need to stop as soon as possible. I know I am on day three but the nights are so incredibly bad. I am here with my two year old son during the day and these last three days have been horrible. I can't take him outside I can't clean I can't do anything but get upset. Please I need help! Can you please help me?

HenryNCBA is offline Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ashleyneedshelp View Post
    Hi, I am in lots of pain. I have been on Suboxone for over a year. I barely take 3mg a day and decided to completely stop. I am on day three put I can't take it anymore. I am so aggravated, agitated, sneezing, coughing, I can't sleep and I am being so mean. I don't want to be like this anymore. I am so ashamed and want to get off of it. I need to stop as soon as possible. I know I am on day three but the nights are so incredibly bad. I am here with my two year old son during the day and these last three days have been horrible. I can't take him outside I can't clean I can't do anything but get upset. Please I need help! Can you please help me?
    Hello Ashley,
    We can help you. First of all we need to know if you are taking any other medications and or drugs. That will give us an indication of any health related issues that may arise.
    If not then stop and do not take anymore subs or medications, Advil, Aspirin, Cold medicine, nothing at all and NO ALCOHOL if you drink. Your system needs to be totally clean and in a state of moderate to severe withdrawal before you can be properly inducted. Please use this COWS worksheet to score yourself, NO CHEATING, and you have to be at least a minimum of 26 on this worksheet before we begin.
    Let me know if you would like our help. Trust me do this right and you only need do it once forever!
    A little bit of suffering in the beginning is nothing compared to the pay off of being clean. It does get better. The worse your suffering in withdrawal the less subs needed to induct and stabilize you and the better the subs work with less amounts. You will be amazed at how much better you feel and if you were on 3 mgs before your induction will most likely be far less than that amount.
    Keep us posted and also I will start a new thread for you so you will have your own thread and it will be easier for everyone to find you to help and support you.

Henry

WeirdoMom is offline New Member

Henry,

How do you get the taper schedule? My husband was put on suboxone to get off oxicontyn and roxycet. He was afraid of getting hooked on it so he tried doing a quick taper but that isn't going so well. He finally admitted his way isn't working and asked me to help him find a better way. I was hoping you could help us.

eve1979 is offline New Member

Default Robert and Henry Please HELP me get off Subs

Hi Henry, I have been on Suboxone for about 2 months now. Doctor gave me 12mg/3mg film per day. I want to get off it. I've read a lot of success stories about the plan you create to Subs users. Can you please help me getting off the Subs completely?

Thanks guys

Anonymous33 is offline Senior Member

Eve... I don't think that either Henry or Robert still post any longer, but there are tons of great people on here that know tons about getting off subs! I, unfortunately, am not one of them... ;-). But, if you follow the taper plan (from Robert I believe) in this link and continue to post, you will get tons of great responses!

http://www.drugs.com/forum/featured-...apy-50887.html

Also, you might want to start your own thread! This one is a little old and it's great to have your own so you can look back on your journey!

Welcome to the forum eve!

eve1979 is offline New Member

Thank You! I'll definitely give a tapper plan a shot.