tramadol addiction
    auralie is offline New Member

Default tramadol addiction

I have just joined the forum and am hoping to have some questions answered about my struggle with tramadol for pain. My whole family is physicians and after a bad head-on car accident where I broke my spine in several places, I was always supplied with the pain meds I needed. I found myself not wanting to take vicodin anymore and was able to quit all together for several years. However, as life went on and I was working full time as a teacher, I began having chronic pain. My father gave me Ultram saying it was non-addictive and would help with my pain without giving me that "High" feeling. I do get that high feeling but in a dif. way. I was productive, happy and energetic. I was so stoked on them that I continued to take them off and on for years. Then when I got pregnant I was told that I can not take them. I went off and had quite a bit of trouble with depression and fatigue. After I had my daughter and breast fed for several years., I went right back on them. I had never had issues with deppression or mood swings and now I feel like it is part of my personality. How do I get passed this? I don't want to rely on a drug for my happiness.

Robert_325 is offline Retired

How much tramadol do you take each day? When taking large quantities there are real dangers of seizure. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

wasashamed is offline New Member

Smile

hey auralie, i'm new to this forum and had a very hard time with vicodin and the happy socializing feeling it gave me, i'm now 18 days free and i truly understand how ya feel. i am now taking tramadol hcl if i need it but after 4 years on vicodin and tryin to quite cold turkey, well it was like hell in my own body and i didn't feel i could socialize or be happy and up to par per-say if i wasn't on it.the tramadol i'm using is part of the tapering off the vicodin. i also went to a new dr that started me on 2 valium 2x a day for 3 days, then 1 valium 2xa day for 3 days and then 1 valium 1x a day for 4 days. 2 seroqel sleeping tablets every night for the lenghth of my script and so far so good. off the vicodin, down to 1 tramadol and i'm going to natural melatonin or valaria root for sleep. NO MORE ADDICTIVE STUFF if i don't absolutely have to have it. try your hardest to beat this, it's just not worth the vicious circle you stay in. anytime ya want to talk i go by the name..wasashamed on here.good luck and stay very strong and possitive and i'll keep you in my prayers