Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree401Likes
Took last piece Suboxone....1 day of Vic...then Done!!!
    davepeerson is offline Advanced Member

Default Took last piece Suboxone....1 day of Vic...then Done!!!

Ok.....took my last TINY crump.....or strip of Suboxone yesterday...around 5pm..Sleep was a bit choppy...up & down most of the night!! Today I am going to take a few 5mg. Vicodin!! Already feel beggingings of Withdrawls....stomach...restless legs.....And for those of you who have gotten of Suboxone.....sneezing has also begun!! I will try and keep posting on this thread on how I am doing!! Would appreciate any responses.....input...or just plain support!!!! Thanks..Dave
    caughtagain likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by davepeerson View Post
    Ok.....took my last TINY crump.....or strip of Suboxone yesterday...around 5pm..Sleep was a bit choppy...up & down most of the night!! Today I am going to take a few 5mg. Vicodin!! Already feel beggingings of Withdrawls....stomach...restless legs.....And for those of you who have gotten of Suboxone.....sneezing has also begun!! I will try and keep posting on this thread on how I am doing!! Would appreciate any responses.....input...or just plain support!!!! Thanks..Dave
    Funny, the sneezing didn't hit me for at least a week after quitting. Stay strong man! It's sooooo much better on the other side. Tomorrow I'll be 3 weeks clean and I haven't felt this great in years.

Thanks for the comment!! Really helps to hear somebody who is three weeks in & feeling good!! I know.....I have been through it before!! Congrats aloneandafraid!!! Probably not so alone & afraid anymore?? Helps Soooo much to have an outlet like this to connect with others going thru same deal!!! Thanks again for your post!!!

caughtagain is offline Diamond Member

would not even waste your time taking any opiates.. your receptors are pretty clogged from the SUBs.. We are here for you! Reid
    davepeerson and LovesAnimals like this.

Well....it's too late today, but your probably right about just skipping taking anything......just Fear I guess??? Anything to subdue the pain I am about to go through!! Won't be taking much.....and Nothing starts tomorrow!! Thanks for your support again...Reid.......Dave P.

Kikker is offline Advanced Member

hi Dave...i totally agree with Reid. why even bother with the vic's? congratulations to u for stopping the subs and this would have been ur very first "clean" day. but taking the vic's prolongs the addiction. and like Reid says, they shouldn't have any effect anyway because u most surely have some subs hanging onto them receptors. and even worse perhaps is the fact u MAY still have some of the vic's left over. IF that's the case it's just way too risky to reach for one when and if any symptoms become "bothersome" for u in the next few days. it's just way too much to be messing with that stuff. i'm speaking from experience and know how tempting it can be to have those kinds of pills around. just my thoughts and i'm not judging u in any way.

if u have already taken some today nothing can be done about that, but if u have any left over i would flush them immediately to avoid future temptation. again congrats for getting off the subs and i certainly wish u the very best Dave.
    Last edited by Kikker; 02-13-2013 at 03:52 PM.

Thanks Kikker.....I know I should have just Stopped today!! Your both right.....same thing I would have told somebody else!! I WILL flush the last couple Vicodin I have left, because I totally agree......you can't have anything laying atound.....because eventually.......you crack & take'em!!!!! I know myself & this addiction well enough!!! Thanks for responding, & not judging!! I appreciate EVERYONES input....advise....opinion's, etc!!! Dave

Anonymous33 is offline Senior Member

Did you take the loperamide yet?

No.....nothing but a couple 5mg. Vicodin.....& they were a waste, because I still feel like full Wd's are starting to kick in!! Took last ....VERY TINY piece of Suboxone yesterday at around.......late afternoon?? So, almost 24 hours ago......It REALLY SUCKS!!! But I knew what I was in for!!

I'm truly amazed at what they did for me... You've definitely got to go your own course, but since we're doing it together, I figured I might push... A little;-)

I have some.......I will try a few of them, either later this evening...or tomorrow night! How far along are you annonymous33??? And, how many mgs. Of the immodium did you take??

I've taken 8mgs of the immodium so far...
    Not too far... Took half a Vicodin 10mg this am, but have been tapering all week... Doing pretty awful right now:-( really, really nauseous and I'm supposed to be taking my bf to dinner in an hour. I can barely move

Wow.....good luck!!! You can do it......sometimes We really have to PUSH through things......to get through them!!! I will be praying for ya!!! I feel pretty ?????? too!! Gonna try a couple of those Lop. Soon!! Stay in touch annon33.....Thanks, Dave

NoMoreOxy is offline Senior Member

Anon and Dave.

Stay strong you two. This will all be over before you know it. We have all been where you are now. This will end. FYI - if you are taking small doses of your drug of choice, far below what you are used to, you are really only prolonging the WDs. It's really a choice, you are either tappering very slowly to feel almost no WDs, or you are cold T powering through the WDs as fast as possible. IMHO.

Thanks nomoreoxy, I will be powering thru with NOTHING TOMORROW!!! Can't speak for annon33....she has her own path, but we all want the same results.....Drug free!!! Again....thanks for your input & support!!!

dago77 is offline Senior Member

You can do it, Dave!

Like they said....ditch the Vic's from here on out. You already know this is gonna take awhile.

You have to get those receptors clean asap. Personally...I think the Lopermaide prolongs it, too. It does help for a while....you just keep going in and out of it though. Start feeling alittle better then it comes back and slaps you across the face lol.

Getting out and doing anything made me feel better for a few hours. Really...cardio is the best thing you could do. For some reason I didn't work out a lot this time. I made it through, though. All you can do is ride it out for a few weeks.

You want to hear some good news.....it's been a month and I feel like a new man!

Ryan
    Nanuq likes this.

Thanks Ryan.........Love hearing about how good your feeling!!! Gives me inspiration!! Yeah, I know excercise helps ALOT!!! What you coming off?? Thanks Again for comments.....to everyone!!

dago77 is offline Senior Member

I know, brother. No matter how many times you go through it...you still want to hear someone tell you, you'll be ok soon.

Just clear you schedule for the next month, lol.

No, really..just don't take any opiates and you will get through it. You know what to do, Dave. The thing about the sub detox is...it isn't that bad and you can function and do things. Sometimes you don't want to, but you can and usually feel better, after. It's just annoying and takes awhile to go away.

You know what to do, Dave. I'll stop by and check the updates.

And I was on Vic's and Percs. All day, everyday..like a idiot. Then subs for a few weeks.
    davepeerson likes this.

Yeah.....Ryan.......I know what to do!!! Been dealing with this junk for over s decade!!! At one time, I was taking over 250mgs. Of Oxycontin daily!!! Good thing you were only on Subs for a few weeks.....I had been on them for over 3 years...until I went through all of this a year and a half ago!! Stayed clean for about 6 months.......was feeling so good....and.......well......here I am again!!! The worst part is Zero energy for a Long time!!! I've read that if you've been on Suboxone long term.....like years.......it takes over a year for all your receptors to start firing again!!! Anyway.....stay in touch.....please!!!! All of you.....

I'm back from dinner... Pretty painful, but I made it through.

You feeling ok?

Glad you got through dinner!! I went to an NA meeting??? Was ok....feel pretty lousy!!! Hope you can get some rest tonight!! Talk to you tomorrow???? Stay Strong

Followyourpath is offline New Member

Hey guys! Thankfully I found this website and this thread (this is my first post btw). Anyways, I'm also on suboxone and looking to get off so keep posting about how you two are doing! Gives me hope.

You got....I will be posting every day........if I can?? No, ilI will be, but it's gonna get real UGLY for a few days!!! What dose are you taking & for how long????? Stay Strong!!!!!! Dave P

Can you tell it has been a LONG DAY.........Talk to you guys in AM!! Stay Strong!!! Dave

Dave! Hey dude... How's it going ? Did you get any sleep? How are the wds? I'm feeling, maybe, a little better this morning... I never know though, because I'll feel better for a minute and then I'll be incapacitated for the rest of the day...

Followyourpath... You rock! Please come join us on this miserable road of hope! You can do it!

Hey Annon33, Sleep was a lttle tough.....but I am not taking anymore Vic's today!!! Took my last 1/2 at 11pm last night!! Soooo my stomach is cramping a little......feel very shakey with chills as well!! So today will be my official Clean date!! It will probably be at it's worst next couple days?????? How are you doing girl????? Stay Strong .....Dave

Great job Dave! I'm really proud of you! I was worried bc I hadn't heard from you...

Today's been kind of rough, but I'm keeping on keeping on...

Thanks annon33.........Now we gotta get U to this point!!! Just keep tapering the best you can!! Do you have a plan, or are you just winging it??? I really appreciate all your support........& as I slowly come out of this fog........I will continue to be here for you!! I believe you are on the East Coast.....& I am here in Seattle, Wa.......so are time zones are 3 hours different!! Anywsy.....I look forward to days ahead........I don't think I'll be doing much today!??? You Rock as well!!! Stay Strong!!!!

hotshot_eddie is offline Junior Member

dave, how bad does it suck that you are here for support to get off those subs and at the bottom of the thread is an ad for suboxone film? hope things are going well for you today. ive had one of my best days so far.

Yeah.....no kidding Eddie!!! That's pretty bad....like waving a carrot....eh??? It's all good!! There will ALWAYS be temptation......I know.....cause I quit drinking over ten years ago......and now they got booze in ALL the grocery stores here in Washington........Doesn"t really bother me though!! If you're really serious about being clean & for me Sober....then youn gotta get past all the temptation!! I still have a few Vicodin left, but after I finish responding to you....I am going to do the serimomial(sp) FLUSH!!! I am VERY SERIOUS about staying off this junk!!! Stay Strong....ALL....and again, Thanks to you all..who have supported me this far!! Dave

Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast