Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By notime
  • 2 Post By notime
Things I have noticed after 8 days!
    notime is offline Junior Member

Default Things I have noticed after 8 days!

For those that have not read my post, a brief interduction. I was struck by a car on duty two years ago, been on vicadin for 1 1/2 years. Became addicted and quit in February for 15 days. I went back on them and really decided to make an effort this time. So 8 day's later and here I am, doing well and this time understanding that I have a problem. Over the last few day's I was thinking though and here are the things that I have realized about being clean, how about you?

I can work longer and harder, use to get so tired in the afternoon.
    I am more rational, and understanding
    My thought process works MUCH better
    I am in more control of my anger, and feelings
    My heart does not feel as heavy anymore
    I am actually starting to matter to me again, "just a little"

These are just a few things that hit me over the last few day's, and really had me thinking. I'm so glad that this did not go on any longer. This is really hard after only 1 1/2 years, I do not know how some of you did it on the amount and time you had with this disease. I cannot even begin to tell you the respect that I have for all of you. You are in a class of your own, and true warriors!
    Comeback Kid likes this.

Sunny mom is offline Member

My youngest and I were being silly yesterday (she's 15), and she said something like, "remember when you'd flip out at the stupidest things?", and it just brought me back to how those damn pills affected me. Took so much from me, really. I know exactly what you mean about not having such a heavy heart...I used to wake up almost every morning crying a little bit, without even realizing it. In a state of anguish, really. I'm so happy for you, notime...sounds like you are really committed to putting pills in the past...keep posting and staying strong!

Thanks Sunny Mom, failure is not an option at this point, I'm all in! I was wondering where everyone went, then I saw the "WAR" thread going on!!!!! CREEPY............
    Comeback Kid and Sunny mom like this.

Anonymous Guest

Quote Originally Posted by notime View Post
    For those that have not read my post, a brief interduction. I was struck by a car on duty two years ago, been on vicadin for 1 1/2 years. Became addicted and quit in February for 15 days. I went back on them and really decided to make an effort this time. So 8 day's later and here I am, doing well and this time understanding that I have a problem. Over the last few day's I was thinking though and here are the things that I have realized about being clean, how about you?

I can work longer and harder, use to get so tired in the afternoon.
    I am more rational, and understanding
    My thought process works MUCH better
    I am in more control of my anger, and feelings
    My heart does not feel as heavy anymore
    I am actually starting to matter to me again, "just a little"

These are just a few things that hit me over the last few day's, and really had me thinking. I'm so glad that this did not go on any longer. This is really hard after only 1 1/2 years, I do not know how some of you did it on the amount and time you had with this disease. I cannot even begin to tell you the respect that I have for all of you. You are in a class of your own, and true warriors!
    just gets better "brave one".....

Thanks Shadowwally, I'm working on it. One day at a time.