is there something different thats/b done with klonopin and subutex in the picture?
    pgh491 is offline Member

Default is there something different thats/b done with klonopin and subutex in the picture?

I've been reading Robert's instructions for dose reduction of subs...What about klonopin and other drugs in the picture?

pgh491 is offline Member

He's taking 24mg subutex, 1-1.5mg klonopin, effexor375mg, abilify 5-10mg. these are all per day

iloerose is offline Platinum Member

O.K. So what do you want to do?

Does he want to taper his suboxone?
    How long has he been on the suboxone?
    How long has he been on the other drugs? (k-pin, effoxor, abilify?)

Need a bit more info! But it's possible to taper the subs. At the high dose your brother is on it may take a bit longer. But it is doable.

Peace,

Iloerose

pgh491 is offline Member

I'm trying to find out how long. He's my son and I want him off everything and not on the street.

You didn't answer my questions. I'm trying to give you advice. I understand totally your worry about your son and necessity of getting him off of these drugs. You need to answer some questions first. Like for example how long has he been on the suboxone at 24 mg.? It's important because if he's been on awhile you don't want to taper him too fast. How long he's been on that dose will determine how long it will take him to get off. I'm not asking you questions just to ask questions.

I also need to know if he has been taking the klonipin and the antidepressants for the same amount of time. You may not want to taper these at the same time or you will make him ill.

Taking the time to answer a few questions will go a long way in helping your son. How long depends on how long he has been on these drugs.

Peace,

Iloerose

pgh491 is offline Member

Tnanks Rose. I've got a text into his mother asking how long he's been doing this . I'm thinking its been 3-4 years but don't know. Process began without my knowlege or consent. You hit on my concern exactly! Which to pull out ,when. Please stay with me, I will provide info when I get it. Thanks for your heart. Been studying this website for about 150 hours now. Know it, (and you), will help.

I will stick with you. I so understand your concern, I would be a bit frantic, too. There will be others on here, holiday weekend, that will help you also. Will check back in.

Peace,

Iloerose