Thanks for replying mpvt

Default Thanks for replying mpvt

I replied to your post but I am not sure how this site works yet.Anyhow,to answer your questions , when I first started taking the percs I followed the Dr. orders,now I am taking more and more.I am definatly abusing.I so want to get off of them , as I cannot afford to buy them off the street and hate having to find them all the time . I am just so afraid of the withdrawl , as I have gone a few days without and thought I would die. Can your family Dr. perscribe methadone and suboxone ? I would find the money somehow if I could get them . I have been searching the net for the best wat to detox from opiates and the suboxone seems to be the best way to go. What do you think?

mpvt is offline Platinum Member

I agree that suboxone is best suited to you but since it's not available yet then you need to call a methadone clinic and do what I suggested. That's , tell them your drug history and tell them you don't want to go on MMT but that you want to use the methadone as a way to detox.Doctors in Canada have to take a special 8hr course to recieve the right to prescribe methadone and buprenorphene(suboxone).I actually have found a doctor in Oshawa ontario that runs out of his office so it is very different from a clinic setting.Let me know how it goes. Also, if you don't have drug insurance then just so you know, methadone is very cheap.I take 300 mgs a day and it only costs $7 a day.......Dave