Like Tree65Likes
Thalia
    thalia45 is offline Member

Default Thalia

Day 4 Sobriety date: June 10
    Last Norco: June 4th
    Last alcohol Dec. 12
    Last Valium June 9th

Sorry for starting ANOTHER thread but I don't want to imply Day 3 forever.

Anonymous Guest

Thank goodness you clarified, I was worried it would be day 3 forever!!! Like a sick groundhog day or something.......whew......
    caughtagain and Comeback Kid like this.

Thanks Azul!

I trust you meant that sincerely (since I seem to get a lot of sarcasm).

Soooo...it is Day 4 and I am feeling pretty good; had a wonderful birthday dinner and feel like I have enough strength to start the gym again. I am doing the 90/90 and I consider myself a newcomer, so re-reading the literature, working with 2 sponsors: the one who has been with me for some time and another very hard-nosed person (40+ years) on the steps. It feels good.

Actually your sick-groundhog analogy is pretty appropriate; that is what the last year has been like-waking up each morning and expecting-quite realistically-bad things. It has been such a blessing to be back on track in some ways, and have direction and help.

Thank you for yours, Thalia
    caughtagain likes this.

caughtagain is offline Diamond Member

So wait.... Is it Thalia or Thalia 45? or Sue, or Jana....and which thread is this?

Quote Originally Posted by caughtagain View Post
    So wait.... Is it Thalia or Thalia 45? or Sue, or Jana....and which thread is this?
    All the same person, me. Thalia just seemed the simplest.

surfdog is offline Senior Member

Thalia, I don't think you understand the term street. Basically we are talking getting drugs from any place other than a legitimate source. You use the term to state a difference in you and others as being above that. " I have'nt sunk that low yet" Which quite frankly is a mistake nearly all newcomers make looking for differences rather than similarities. The way u use the term implies you are above that method. Yet when you got Endocet from a friend you got it of the street, it was not a legitimate source.
    I gather from your post you live a rather high dollar lifestyle where appearance and image carry great weight. So being the junkie and drunk, no use using niceties here, that u are it would cramp lifestyle and friends. You remind me of professional I used to have as clients, especially Drs, call them a junkie and boy tempers would flare but that is exactly what they were and some still are.
    Lifestyle or not you cannot escape the fact that junkie and drunk fit that is what you are, hope u are not active but i really don't know, but that is exactly what you have been acting like. And no I didn't use alcoholic/addict for a reason. You claim not to have been on the street but you have. No matter what you say that one is a FACT Surfdog
    LovesAnimals likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by surfdog View Post
    Thalia, I don't think you understand the term street. Basically we are talking getting drugs from any place other than a legitimate source. You use the term to state a difference in you and others as being above that. " I have'nt sunk that low yet" Which quite frankly is a mistake nearly all newcomers make looking for differences rather than similarities. The way u use the term implies you are above that method. Yet when you got Endocet from a friend you got it of the street, it was not a legitimate source.
    I gather from your post you live a rather high dollar lifestyle where appearance and image carry great weight. So being the junkie and drunk, no use using niceties here, that u are it would cramp lifestyle and friends. You remind me of professional I used to have as clients, especially Drs, call them a junkie and boy tempers would flare but that is exactly what they were and some still are.
    Lifestyle or not you cannot escape the fact that junkie and drunk fit that is what you are, hope u are not active but i really don't know, but that is exactly what you have been acting like. And no I didn't use alcoholic/addict for a reason. You claim not to have been on the street but you have. No matter what you say that one is a FACT Surfdog
    "Street" is just a term I learned in NYC for buying from dealers. I in no way separate myself as being outside that, and that Endocet thing from my friend is the same thing. I will stop thinking of it in any other way.

Re: lifestyle My bf has the lifestyle; I personally am poorer than the proverbial "church mouse". I have the sometimes dubious ability to go to things with him. He has been bf for almost 10 years now, and a lot of these activities I am involved in have to do with the "married" lie that we just keep.

I do a lot of work for the club (and I have no idea what would happen if he died tomorrow). When I, by meeting, then moving in with, him, became part of that world, it will be interesting. I edit and AD their magazine with my maiden name (and for free), design lots of logos etc, also for free, and have learned a lot about boating. Not my favorite thing to do (since I grew up in Wyoming-horses, animal care etc. are what I know). I (now we) can't afford a horse, but I have come to love being in/on/around the water.

We do (now) really love each other, especially since I was able to understand his son's problem and addiction to cheese; his weight killed him. Don't understand the DOC, but more than the rest of the family I DO understand the addiction. Very hard to explain to a non-addict.

I guess that Endocet gets me out of that "yet" category (referring to that phrase people use in AA); all I meant was that I didn't want to know where to buy drugs here and certainly don't WANT to know. Just another thing for my mind to crunch around.

RE: high dollar lifestyle...hardly. We are the "poor" people within a circle of people who have lots of money. I guess we are "entertaining" and do a lot of "volunteering"/sweat equity to make up the difference.

deleted116 is offline Member

Thalia,

Sorry for starting ANOTHER thread but I don't want to imply Day 3 forever.
    My advice would be to stick to one thread. It helps to look back at different points and re-read were we've been. Very hard to do if there are threads all over the place. I just went back and re-read mine from the beginning, and it made me feel good to see how far I've come. That would have been a pain to do if they were scattered all over. My thread is titled "Back on Day 2 and need to talk"...., but I think everyone realizes that is just where I started out. Also, it will help to keep you on track and honest. If everything is in one place, it will be hard to say "where did I say that?" or "I don't remember".

I hope you are doing well, and I actually didn't take offense to your comment about not getting them from the street. The way I read it was that you were saying you were glad you didn't have those sources because if you did you might be tempted to take advantage of them. That being said, it's worth pointing out (which I did previously in your other thread at one point), that it still sounds like you have some confusion as to what "getting them off the street" means. In the 4+ yrs that I used I probably only got a handful of legit prescriptions from a Dr. The rest were bought illegally. But again, I never drove to a bad part of town and handed a shady guy on a corner some money. These were friends that I got them from. And you might be thinking "well they were her dealers and she thought of them as friends at that point". Nope, friends who I had long before the pills were even a thought in mine (and maybe theirs too?) heads, friends who worry about me and would do anything for me. So when you got those Endocet from your friend, you were getting them "from the street". Now I know that you would say "oh but that was 1 or 2 times and she would never give them to me again", etc etc.. But that's just things that we tell ourselves to make ourselves feel better about what we did.

So again, no offense taken....I didn't really think you were looking down on anyone, but if you take a hard look you'll realize that you actually did get them off the street, at least twice.

P.S.-after this I'm going to stick to your other thread when I post...
    Last edited by deleted116; 06-14-2012 at 08:00 AM.

deleted116 is offline Member

Just read the most recent posts on the other thread. If this is where you want your thread to be, then I will post here when I post. But I would say that no matter what, only post here (even if you have a random question that you feel would be better as a separate post, for example). You should just have 1 homebase and that's it....it will help you in the long run to stay true to yourself....

Quote Originally Posted by moon6748 View Post
    Just read the most recent posts on the other thread. If this is where you want your thread to be, then I will post here when I post. But I would say that no matter what, only post here (even if you have a random question that you feel would be better as a separate post, for example). You should just have 1 homebase and that's it....it will help you in the long run to stay true to yourself....
    Omigod, thanks moon!!!

That's what I thought but of course it has been criticized already. Anyway, this is where I am and am staying. I posted some replies to things said yesterday (I value what people say and did not want to ignore anyone who took the time to post).

I want to keep a constant record here and anyone who wants to (including me) can always find previous posts.

Congratulations on 120 days! I saw that somewhere; that's huge (and I hope I am right). This site is very difficult that way. The other site I post on is, first, much smaller, but easier to navigate. I find it difficult here to keep track of dates, threads etc... so this seemed better than being on an eternal Day 3 (what was I thinking? -obviously not that that was going to be perpetual) Not sure I am capable of "thinking" anyway.

I owe you a big thanks also because I didn't remember that last martini. Your simple question set me to really thinking and that was huge: that I could immediately go back to having a drink (just because I didn't have to worry about going home...) It was both a conquest because I didn't finish it, and a big piece of humility that I had not even remembered it.

So, thanks thanks thanks Moon! Very important date.

I am confused Thalia, can you please start another thread and clarify where you are at this moment. Thanks
    ARTIST658 likes this.

MaisieC is offline Senior Member

I'm glad you're doing the 90 in 90 thing. Do you have a sponsor? Are you going to that cross-addicted meeting too (or whatever they call it)?

Quote Originally Posted by MaisieC View Post
    I'm glad you're doing the 90 in 90 thing. Do you have a sponsor? Are you going to that cross-addicted meeting too (or whatever they call it)?
    That meeting is tonight Maisie, and yes I plan to go; so is my sponsor.

Thalia, I was in no way asking about your financial status I was attempting to make a point about thinking we are different. You money and bf/husband is your buisness.Circumstances and situations may be different but deep down we are all the same, have the same disease. The long explanation was not required Surfdog
    HopefulnHouston and thalia45 like this.

ARTIST658 is offline Platinum Member

Thalia, I was in no way asking about your financial status I was attempting to make a point about thinking we are different. You money and bf/husband is your buisness.Circumstances and situations may be different but deep down we are all the same, have the same disease. The long explanation was not required Surfdog
    I understand exactly what you're speaking of, Surfdog. It's not even necessarily the specific words, but an overall attitude... and a general lack of humility. This disease doesn't care if we're "from Yale or jail" - it treats us all the same. Whether you sipped your single malt from a bone china tea cup or chugged it from a paper bag.

Hard to >>>> humility... it's kinda like faking sincerity...
    thalia45 likes this.

You will know the truth - and only the truth can set you free.

Thanks surfdog. I don't think I am different; just a plain old addict. I am only in a mode of feeling like I have to "explain" everything.

As someone once said at a meeting in NYC: a very rich woman said "she drank "only" wine. The next comment was really telling: "So you are a wino..." I have never forgotten that (from about 1976, I think). So yes, I do remember a few things LOL.

It just came up about bf/husband. I am always quite astonished even when he talks about "poor"; he grew up REALLY poor (his alcoholic Father committed suicide when he was 8, and he trapped animals in the swamp to help his Mother support the two of them.

Then he worked his tail off so his wife and kids could live a better life. ...and they did, in terms of having things. What they didn't have was him because he was working 12-14 hour days, AND coaching Little League, Soccer etc. still to have an ex wife hate him for not being there, and now the recent death of a son who was used to having the stuff but somehow missed the "substance of life".

The thing I most wish I could change from my OWN childhood is that I wish my Father (machinist, 8th grade education) who supported the family well, but was emotionally bankrupt...how I wish he could have found AA in our small town. What a gift it would have been to him. But It was also the first gift of AA (to me): to understand that his "mercurial" nature was because he came home every night in his grease-stained clothes, hung over, and that the change in mood was "hair of the dog". ...well we know that one: the "cocktail hour" when everything seemed to calm down.

I thought I understood at an early age that "alcohol was good" not the devil it really is. I do know where I come from: a small western town but a safe, and ultimately as good a life as my parents could make for us.

Still, the only thing I remember from my Father (said directly to me) was that riveting look he gave me when they came to college and I had everything they liked to drink there. (I had not had a drink yet because the drinking age was 21) LOL, in retrospect.

He said: "That is not good." It took me a lot of years to realize what he meant with that simple, loving sentence, spoken to his daughter. More importantly even though, is that I now understand what every day was like for him. He provided for my Mother and I, all the while suffering with this awful addiction. I hope there is a Heaven because I like to think he found peace there. He died at 65.

So much for details. I like to think that through this site, AA, my other site, it is him, speaking to me through others.

Strong Desire is offline Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by ARTIST658 View Post
    I understand exactly what you're speaking of, Surfdog. It's not even necessarily the specific words, but an overall attitude... and a general lack of humility. This disease doesn't care if we're "from Yale or jail" - it treats us all the same. Whether you sipped your single malt from a bone china tea cup or chugged it from a paper bag.

Hard to >>>> humility... it's kinda like faking sincerity...
    Ruth,

I just want to take a quick minute and introduce myself to you! Sorry to do it on your thread Thalia. My name is Karen and I am new here only a couple of days working with Robert. I have been reading your posts for quite a long time and I am amazed at the amount of knowledge you posses! I know you work in the field of substance abuse (and they are so blessed to have you!), but your comments of wisdom to others here are amazing to read! So please keep doing what you do and I will look forward to chatting with you again at some point! Bless you.

Big Hugs,
    Karen

p.s. on a side note it was your constant voice of reasoning about the need for anyone trying to get their life in order to understand the need to go to a meeting of NA, AA, or CR. Just wanted you to know that I am taking full advantage of all of your advice and wisdom, along with Robert's and everyone's here, and going to be doing the 90 meetings in 90 days as soon as I can line up a sitter for my 4-year old. Thank you Ruth!
    thalia45 likes this.

Ruth I'm at a loss here, as you are I worked in this field for 21 years. Have tried everything I know,nothing seems to hit home maybe the best thing for her to do is go back out and get some more and if she survives then come back. You know that part about being" thoughroly convinced" and "trying some controlled drinking"I would hate to see that happen but sometimes that is what it takes God Bless Surfdog

Waddup friend DAWG... Don't be at a loss.. Saying you want something and really wanting it are two different things... That is what is going on here (IMHO). Addiction is about getting on your knees and pointing your finger to the person in the mirror. We all have "reasons" and situations that put us where we ended up.. But at the end of the day, it is the individual who does it.... I don't work in the field, but I am a product of going through it myself to the point when I was using I was Thalia times ten... At the end of the day, Ruth hit it on the head... HUMILTY...among other things are important. I am not sure Thalia/sue/jana/ etc.... gets it.. or has the capacity at this point in time to get it... More than a few people have tried to be logical but... at the end of the day, she starts a thread and continues with the deflection.My only hope for this and her other 4 or 5 threads is that people, other people hurting learn how NOT to do this. All my best, ReidDAWG LOL
    Strong Desire and surfdog like this.

Reid my friend not only did I work in I spent over 30 years out there, which at times I think is more valuable than the clinical experience. and you are dead right Two things I have found required for extended clean/sober time Spiritualty and humility Without the latter the first cannot occur. We cannot want it for or make anyone else want it . I hope it finally occurs to her this is about life and death not just recovery Take care bro Surfdog

rxqueen83 is offline Member

I'm not sure if I'm reading wrong, but why so sarcastic some of these replies? Is it going to make the situation any better by haggling this person? We've all seen the inconsistencies here, we're all adults. I would think anyone who has been around for a while would have seen this type of behavior "denial" before...is it helpful to continue pounding this person and making sarcastic remarks? My sponsors never did that to me. They yelled, harped, nagged and stayed on my case - but before they resulted to cheap shots they'd back off and say "Your not ready for help kid". Just my two cents. Doesn't mean I think she's right, or I think you guys are wrong. I don't think the way your going about it is consistent with those who are trying to continue to pass the message to suffering addicts.
    thalia45 likes this.

wasn't being sarcastic, sometimes that is what it takes, no cheap shots on my part, Dog

Queen.. Not sure... With over 2100 posts, I can assure you my message is most times the positive type; however, the reality of it is, this business is not all puppy dogs and butterfly's. I have watched people die on this forum.. Yep, one day typing and the next time I hear they are gone.. So, my statements have been instructional, supportive in a stern way and frankly, Blunt. Hang out for 3 years here as I have for basicly everyday and I think what you will find is THERE IS A TIME for the tone that we took. What you will also see/hear is that once "said person" gets real, we embrace that person and support them. Also, what you may not know is there is a history here. One that goes back longer than the most recent 4 threads.. So, I guess what I am trying to say is... No you are not reading it wrong, but you ARE understanding things incorrectly in this case.. All my Best, Reid. P.S. I AM proud of the effort you are putting forth and I think it is great you are teaming up with Karen on your journey.

Restlessly is offline Member

Im curious....please forgive my questions...

When does your sobriety date start? The day you're "clean"..........or the day you choose to claim "last used"??

How can you claim HERE that you've got 4 days in.........and on another thread (todays date) you're telling someone you've got 10 days??

I dont mean to pick but it cant be both can it? The 12 steps dont seem in play here do they?

THALIA........Ive followed your threads since I joined this site. I want so much to see you healthy...to see you kick this disease in the nether regions and enjoy your life with your man. I just got a feeling it isnt gonna happen the way you're doing things.

PLEASE listen to these people...work it and get healthy.
    Last edited by Restlessly; 06-14-2012 at 03:48 PM.

Waddup friend DAWG... Don't be at a loss.. Saying you want something and really wanting it are two different things... That is what is going on here (IMHO). Addiction is about getting on your knees and pointing your finger to the person in the mirror. We all have "reasons" and situations that put us where we ended up.. But at the end of the day, it is the individual who does it.... I don't work in the field, but I am a product of going through it myself to the point when I was using I was Thalia times ten... At the end of the day, Ruth hit it on the head... HUMILTY...among other things are important. I am not sure Thalia/sue/jana/ etc.... gets it.. or has the capacity at this point in time to get it... More than a few people have tried to be logical but... at the end of the day, she starts a thread and continues with the deflection.My only hope for this and her other 4 or 5 threads is that people, other people hurting learn how NOT to do this. All my best, ReidDAWG LOL
    This is my last thread. I have tried to answer EVERY question honestly as best I can. Every minute I take away from reading, walking, meetings ...anything... to answer endless queries about my inconsistencies while I was using is now a moment wasted. I have done my best. I am just moving forward.

Thalia

This is my last thread. I have tried to answer EVERY question honestly as best I can. Every minute I take away from reading, walking, meetings ...anything... to answer endless queries about my inconsistencies while I was using is now a moment wasted. I have done my best. I am just moving forward.

Thalia

Restlessly is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by thalia45 View Post

Thalia

Thalia....I think you're clearly misinterpreting what people here and on your other threads are trying to show you. I know Im not deliberately trying to pick on you or prove you wrong or any of the other negative things you're probably thinking. I also dont think these people want further explanations or excuses........ALL they want is HONESTY and for you to get "clean" .....they WANT to support you..to embrace you...to help you. You just prove over and over that you dont want it by twisting others words as well as your own.

ALL these people have done is care about you. Sometimes we all need tough love....we need things pointed out to us that we cant see for ourselves. We need others to show us the excuses and lies we tell ourselves and others. That's all thats happening here and on your other threads.

I...and others have undoubtedly noticed you wont address me. You havent since just after I joined...and that's ok. I dont mind at all. But I figure its because you KNOW Im right...You KNOW Ive seen the lies and seen thru them. . It must be hard when a new poster such as myself sees it. It might also be because I dont have my story out there. The reason I dont, is I dont have one, not like the rest of you. But I did work in the field for what felt like a hundred years so Im not immune to the whole thing nor am I not sympathetic to the whole journey.

I have the greatest, utmost respect for anyone that's made the journey and come out on the other side to talk about, to share, to care and to have compassion for his or her fellow addict/user .

Strong Desire likes this.

Restlessly, I am honored that you have taken the time to post (same for everyone). I would hope that we all see the "light" but this is a tough journey. I thought I had it "nailed" 30+ years ago; since then I have been through the meat-grinder of "truth" so many times.

My favorite quote (from a translation of "Cold Mountain Poems", Han Shan, translated by Gary Snyder from the Chinese, included in:
    "Riprap and Cold Mountain Poems"

"Men ask the way to Cold Mountain
    Cold Mountain: there's no through trail.
    In summer, ice doesn't melt
    The rising sun blurs in swirling fog.
    How did I make it?
    My heart's not the same as yours.
    If your heart was like mine
    You'd get it and be right here."

I have no argument about my mess of a "journal"; I have been not "at home" for a year or more. I just can't keep going over the same ground. Things change, we get older and see our life not as one of hope, but as one of "what can I do before I die to become a better person?" That is my goal.
    Last edited by ddcmod; 06-14-2012 at 05:14 PM.

BTW. all the dates are in the first post of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by rxqueen83 View Post
    I'm not sure if I'm reading wrong, but why so sarcastic some of these replies? Is it going to make the situation any better by haggling this person? We've all seen the inconsistencies here, we're all adults. I would think anyone who has been around for a while would have seen this type of behavior "denial" before...is it helpful to continue pounding this person and making sarcastic remarks? My sponsors never did that to me. They yelled, harped, nagged and stayed on my case - but before they resulted to cheap shots they'd back off and say "Your not ready for help kid". Just my two cents. Doesn't mean I think she's right, or I think you guys are wrong. I don't think the way your going about it is consistent with those who are trying to continue to pass the message to suffering addicts.
    rxqueen, thank you. I am just exhausted at the seemingly endless need to examine "evidence" and try to understand if people are sincere or it is just another sarcastic remark cloaked in honest response. I think everything is out there; I just don't want to spend yet another morning having to "explain" something: the "boat docking, donuts as an analogy for heaven's sake (are you all skinny and in great shape?, that I care for my aging bf enough to try to make ONE weekend be OK?, that balance is important to being on a boat?

Almost the end of Day 4, and things are OK, not great, but OK.

Much gratitude rxqueen83!!!

Day 5 tomorrow I hope. Crampy hands from work (as I expected). Getting out the weights to give them some non-computer exercise .

Really rxqueen83, thanks! you made my day so much better.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast