Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Anonymous
  • 3 Post By Opee
terrible turn for the worst... filling in for melissa
    Anonymous Guest

Default terrible turn for the worst... filling in for melissa

Hi everyone,
    Normally my wonderful bride would be blogging right now. But sadly, today she is unable to do so. I promised her that if she took a turn for the worst that I would update you. So here it is.. Melissa started having a lot of pain Today. She was vomiting and trembling with so much pain. This started about 12 in the afternoon. The doctors were unable to give her any more pain meds. At around 2 p.m. she went into a full blown seizure. It is now 11 p.m. and she still has not woke up. The doctors tell me she is in a coma. She may wake up, she may not. At this point it is too early to tell if she has any major damage to her brain. I can't believe this. My heart is so heavy right now. She is the best person I have ever known in my whole life. The love in her heart shines! Everyone around her can see it! I have literally seen her donate every peice of clothing in her closet to a woman and her family who were in need. I can't imagine living without her. She was so upset when she found out that children may not be possible. I want children. But I need her! If children of our own is not possible then in all fore adopting a child in need. But I can't live without her. I just keep sitting here with her, holding her hand and talking to her. God PLEASE let her wake up! I would give anything to take this illness on myself so she doesn't have to suffer. She has been through so much in her life, I hate that she is having to deal with this too. So please! I know she has prayer warriors on here. Please pray for my wife! She has touched so many lives, she deserves her miracle. Thank you so much for being here for her. Posting and talking to all of you on here has really helped her cope with some of this.

- Adam

scarednalone is offline Member

oh adam im so sorry. i will continue to pray for her as will my kids. i also put her on a prayer list at church just like i said i would. keep talking to her. i know when my uncle was in a coma the drs told us that he may be able to hear us so keep talking to her. dont give up and you both have to fight. you are right she does deserve her miracle. you have no idea how much of an inspiration she is to me. thank you for updating and please continue to do so. i hope no one gets upset for me speaking for them but im pretty sure that everyone is here for you both and will continue to pray for your amazing wife. keep the faith. again you are BOTH in my family's prayers.

Anonymous Guest

Thank you so much! And I think I may have some idea. Because she did the same for me. When we met I was heading down a wrong path in my life. She changed me. Saved my life. I believe if it were not for her, I would not be where I am today. And her daughter, Addison, she was the same way. She was every bit like her mother! I can't explain it. You have to see her to know what I'm talking about. She has a love for everyone around her that I have never seen before. A pure love. I wish some of you could meet her.
    Opee likes this.

Opee is offline Senior Member

I believe that was the most touching thing I have ever read in my life. There are no words. There are no words from ME to ease your suffering - I wish there were. I've never considered myself a religious man, nor the crying type. You changed both those things thbis evening. I've poured my SOUL into this forum and I share your agony. For the first time in decades, I will say a prayer in Melissa's name this eve.

God Bless, Adam. There is a faceless Stranger who cares more about you both than you will ever know.

Much Love,
    Jeff
    GiGiLee58, Freedom4me and surfdog like this.
    That which does not kill me makes me stronger.

GiGiLee58 is offline Junior Member

Adam, Melissa was one of the first to welcome me here, and I will pray for her, and for you to be strong for her. My father went into a coma, and the Drs told me too, that it's very likely she can hear you. Play some music she likes, or maybe read her favorite stories, but keep on holding her hand, and letting her hear your voice. she feels your strength, and love. Chin up sweety, much love to you both. Try to rest too, you need to be strong physically and mentally. BLess you... Keep us posted, we do all care, she is part of the family. Gigi

Anonymous Guest

Thank you opee! I said the same things before I met her. She showed me that God does exist. I certainly did not intend on making you or anyone else cry. But I am very grateful for the prayers! You know, when I proposed to her. At first she said no. Haha. She was worried that we would get married and then she would pass on and I would be unable to cope with that. I told her she was being to dramatic. That it would be so hard, but I would do it with God's help. But she was right. Losing her would be devastating to say the very least. She is the closet thing to an angel that I think could ever come to be on this earth. My angel.

Anonymous Guest

Yes! I have been playing casting crowns and Chris Tomlin all day. These are two amping many of her favorite Christian artists. She used to blare them on the stereo while painting. Did she mention to you guys how great of a painter she is. Probably not, because she doesn't like to brag. But she is amazing! The girl can take a photo of you or me and paint it. It will look exactly like the photo, down to the smallest details

I'm pretty new here, so I am just beginning to meet people, Melissa was among them. My Mother was a great painter as well. Keep on doing what you're doing. Just follow your heart. You seem to know what to do, it comes easy when you love someone so much. Hold her hand and tell her, that her family here , are all pulling for her. God Bless Adam

Anonymous Guest

Thank you so much! This means more than you will ever know!!

Get some rest yourself, I'm gonna be checking in tomorrow to see if you have posted to tell us how you, and Melissa are doing.

Gigi

Anonymous Guest

hugs and love from new zealand... xx

ClassiqueMom is offline Senior Member

my first visit to the forum since very early yesterday morning..

adam.. please know, melissa and you are in my prayers..

in Christian love, with faith and hope,
    Classique MoM

Anonymous Guest

Hello all. Just dropped in to share how things are going. Not a whole lot has changed. She is still unresponsive and is hooked up to machines. Her heart rate is dropping slowly. Its now at 46 bpm. I keep staring at her and talking to her. Waiting on a flinch or anything to show me she is coming back. But it hasn't happened yet. She just looks as if she is sleeping.

appreciate the update..

adam.. i can assure you, there
    are many more praying for melissa than you can imagine..

take heart.. do not lose hope!

Classique MoM

Anonymous Guest

All of our thoughts and prayers will be heading your way. I am so terribly sorry for all that BOTH of you are going through. Fate works in mysterious ways and can change in a heartbeat.

Go and hold her hand and tell her much you love her. Tell her how much all of us here love her. Be her rock and if you news it, we will in turn be yours! Best wishes my friend!

Anonymous Guest

Hello everyone!! Adam is not here right now. Apparently I have been in a coma for almost 2 days. You would think I would be well rested, but nope! Anyhow. Thank you all for being here for Adam when he needed someone. I can't thank you enough for that!

Restlessly is offline Member

WOW

12 hours sure does make a difference

Anonymous Guest

I guess so. Adam has not left for more than a few minutes since I woke up. And I have been told he was here with me the whole time. Pushing me to wake up. Don't know what I would do without him

Melissa, hey girl, welcome back. I was telling Adam I remembered when my dad went into a coma, and I Knew he heard me, or was at least aware I was there. He simply adores you, we could all feel that from all over . You were one of the first people to welcome me , and offer me your help and best wishes. I'm on day 3 of my vic Taper, not doing as well as I hoped, but the news of you awake put a warm smile on my face. Bless you and Your family , and keep in touch as you feel up to it. I know coming here is one of my best therapy's...
    Gigi ------ Always will be back. This has become sort of my journal, only I get such caring and helpful feedback. .

Anonymous Guest

Thank you gigi. I agree. This is a great therapy. All of the people are so amazingly strong!! I love this site! Adam. That man has not left my side since I woke up. Lol. I tried to get him to go home, have a good meal, and catch up on some much needed sleep. But nope. He says the recliners in the hospital are doing just fine. He is so head strong! But I love him so!

hi melissa!

wow! is right!! ..
    when adam said you'd gone into a coma.. and it looked like you were 'just sleeping'
    the first thing that came into my mind was 'angels watchin' over me'

i googled that ..found it on you tube and then remembered it was a song by amy grant
    from years ago..

anyhow.. i knew.. the LORD had His angels watchin' over you!!

still in my prayers!
    Classique MoM

Anonymous Guest

I love that song! And thank you!!

surfdog is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by live_love_laugh View Post
    Hello everyone!! Adam is not here right now. Apparently I have been in a coma for almost 2 days. You would think I would be well rested, but nope! Anyhow. Thank you all for being here for Adam when he needed someone. I can't thank you enough for that!
    Welcome back LLL, I just found out what has been going on, glad you decided to rejoin us! Not a religious man, but have been saying a prayer for you daily as have a lot of people. Miracles happen more than we think we just don't open our eyes to them often.
    Got faith in you and Adam you hang in there God Bless Surfdog

PS no thanks needed ya'll are part of the family
    Last edited by surfdog; 05-07-2012 at 08:41 AM.

Anonymous Guest

Yea. I'm still kicking! Don't ya know that's what I do best. I'm a fighter. Not going to stop now. I'm just chilling in the hospital. A bit bored actually. And for the first time in a week or so, I'm hungry! Really hungry. I wish I had something really good to eat right now.. but all I can eat is this ?????? blue jello. Guess I can pretend its something yummy right? Lol