Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree51Likes
Ten Years Clean Date Today 6/2/2002
    Robert_325 is offline Retired

Default Ten Years Clean Date Today 6/2/2002

I still have to make it through the day today clean, but if I do I will have ten years after today. After using 35 years I finally changed my ways, never thought I would survive. I give God all the glory for everything I do, just want people to know that if you just keep doing the next right thing, even though the days pass by slowly, before you know it you can have a decade behind you too! It doesn't matter where we came from, it matters where we are going!

I still have several autoimmune disorders, deg disc disease, I never sleep, had five knee operations, the list goes on. Yes, there are still a couple meds that I have to take to live. But partying days are over. I don't even take ibuprofen for pain anymore. It's a cool world free and clean of opiates and the lifestyle that accompanies it.

I hate opiates, would only use them for a serious surgery. I do know that even with this much clean time I could revert to my old ways in a heartbeat if I thought that I could use "just a few." It won't happen. With Christ, all things become new and the old is past. I am not that same person I was ten years ago, thank God. It's a big day for me and just wanted to share and give hope to the newcomer that it CAN happen to you too if you believe, have faith and stick with it one day at a time. They really add up quickly! God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

toni.s. is offline Senior Member

congratulations robert! you deserve happiness!
    Robert_325 likes this.

Anonymous Guest

You, my friend, are the fn man!!!! Much love and respect!!!!
    caughtagain and Robert_325 like this.

Anonymous Guest

its already the 3rd here in nz, so wooo hoo. its official.
    Robert_325 likes this.

willow22 is offline Member

Congratulations, Robert

In my very humble opinion based on my short time here, the good Lord wasn't done with you and had other plans in mind, as evidenced by the countless people helped by your efforts and story.

God Bless ~ willow

iwantoutnow is offline Member

congrats robert! you are an amazing man and you should be soooo proud of yourself. it never seems to amaze me the people you have helped on this site and i can only imagine the numbers you have helped in person. you should be so proud of yourself. i hope one day i can celebrate my 10 year mark and you are an amazing inspiration.
    Robert_325 likes this.

thalia45 is offline Member

Robert, you are amazing. How many lives have you put back together or saved? 1000s by now I think. And yet you went through so much to do it. Huge congratulations to you, Thalia45/Sue13
    Robert_325 likes this.

Thanks, guys! I appreciate the kind words. Remember it just takes time and once you decide you won't use anymore eventually you hit ten years. I'm not done yet. I hope to live long enough to make 30 years, but regardless, I will die clean, I will finish the race without using anymore! That is what I strive for in my recovery.

Each day is just another day now for me. It's pretty easy. What impresses me most is seeing someone hit 30 days, 60 days, 6 months, etc. Those are big milestones! Once you make several years you're stupid if you blow it then. It's the success of the newcomer or of one that has relapsed that impresses me!! God bless.
    surfdog, shybaybe2003 and willow22 like this.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

Anonymous Guest

Nice!
    Congrats Robt!
    Marian
    Robert_325 likes this.

shybaybe2003 is offline Senior Member

congratulations robert. I know when I first came on this site in 2009, you reached out to me and i pretty much tried to bite your hand off. But I obviously did not succeed, because you reached your hand out AGAIN. You are important to a lot of people on here, and the work you do is amazing. A lot of people are glad your clean, but for more selfish reasons...you helped them get and stay clean too!!!!COngrats!
    Robert_325 likes this.

surfdog is offline Senior Member

Cogratulations my friend, I cannot think of anyone that deserves happiness and contentment more than you do. "God doing for us what we cannot do for ourselves" "And we will be amazed before we are half way through" Miracles do happen with us don't they my friend God Bless you and keep you Surfdog
    Robert_325 likes this.

Invisible_Girl is offline Junior Member

Congratulations Robert! You are pure inspiration for those of use just starting on this journey. I have read so many of your posts, the advice, the caring...if ever there were an angel among us...

Happy happy 10th year!!!
    Robert_325 likes this.

Once again my most sincere appreciation for all the very kind words! Just one thing, I am no angel. I'm just a pickle. Our works do not bless us with salvation. Doesn't matter if you have ten years or ten days, helped a thousand people get clean or whatever, our works do not get us into heaven. It's our personal relationship with Christ! All we have to do is ask Him for forgiveness and He will not forsake us. He is available for everyone, all we have to do is humbly repent from the heart and ask for forgiveness! He is waiting for us this very moment, we just have to take that first step of faith and commit to doing His will with total faith. Then all things instantly become new and our past is forgiven and forgetten forever. Nothing feels better inside of us! No drug can even compare to the feelings inside we feel. Trust me, it's so easy. God bless!
    Last edited by Robert_325; 06-02-2012 at 10:56 PM.
    ClassiqueMom and surfdog like this.

Invisible_Girl is offline Junior Member

hmm...pickle...briny. Dill, sweet, sour? sandwich sliced, or whole? I'm so confused now.
    Robert_325 likes this.

Anonymous Guest

congrats ya stubborn grumpy ol man ... from the stubborn lil terrier kiwi from down under (even a hug) awww
    Robert_325 and surfdog like this.

newyorkgal is offline Platinum Member

congrats, Robert... it's a hell of an accomplishment
    Robert_325 likes this.

ARTIST658 is offline Platinum Member

Dear Robert,

What a miracle - how a life can be transformed from utter despair to enduring hope - it can only be through the Grace of God. A heartfelt congratulations, my friend. We know the glory is the Lord's, and the day-to-day, step-by-step journey was accomplished by your never letting go of His hand. You are the light at the end of the tunnel for so many, I am humbled by what you do.

What would this forum be without you - I shudder to think!

Thank you, from the bottom of my heart, for being here - and for giving so much of yourself so freely. It is in giving it away that we keep what we have. You have been blessed - and we are blessed to have the benefit of your counsel.

With love,
    Ruth
    Robert_325 likes this.

You will know the truth - and only the truth can set you free.

ClassiqueMom is offline Senior Member

a belated, but joyous! congrats!

there's not alot that i can to what others have said here,
    except,

May the LORD's hand continue to be on you, to bless
    and use you in a mighty way! alll to HIS glory!

your name has a special asterik by it, on my
    list of things to give thanks for!!

God Bless {{Y*O*U}}, Robert_325!
    you are loved by many.. (and I'm one of them!)

Classique MoM
    Robert_325 likes this.

deleted116 is offline Member

Robert, CONGRATS! What an accomplishment....I hope you treat yourself to something nice!

Thank you for being a big part in changing my (and many, many others) life!

Moon
    Robert_325 and ClassiqueMom like this.

Anonymous Guest

Robt...
    I'm soooo glad you posted you were a pickle!
    I can now stop giggling......I can see you as a flying pickle, but the picture i had in my mind of you as a flying around angel had me giggling non stop.......

Marian
    ClassiqueMom and Robert_325 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowwally View Post
    Robt...
    I'm soooo glad you posted you were a pickle!
    I can now stop giggling......I can see you as a flying pickle, but the picture i had in my mind of you as a flying around angel had me giggling non stop.......

Marian

I couldn't allow anyone to think I was an angel. I'm just a pickle like everyone else, never to be a cucumber again! What can I say? God bless.

Anonymous Guest

Being a cucumber sucks, trust me I have recent experience! I'm glad to become a pickle again!

So not worth it.....
    Robert_325 likes this.

LovesAnimals is offline Member

I have been reading this site for over a year now & have learned a lot. I will eventually post a few questions as well as contribute as best as I can however, I decided I wanted to respond to this thread as my first post. Robert, congratulations on 10 years sobriety. Even though I have not contributed (yet) and have only been "lurking", I wanted you to know that I've learned A LOT from your expertise. (as well as others who take their time and contribute.) You are a very charitable man who continuously takes the time to helps others in need. I wanted you to know that you not only help the people who have the courage to post, you also help people like myself who were fortunate enough to find this site. I've learned a lot (still learning) and appreciate all that you do. Congratulations, God Bless, and Thank You!
    Robert_325 and ClassiqueMom like this.

Quote Originally Posted by LovesAnimals View Post
    I have been reading this site for over a year now & have learned a lot. I will eventually post a few questions as well as contribute as best as I can however, I decided I wanted to respond to this thread as my first post. Robert, congratulations on 10 years sobriety. Even though I have not contributed (yet) and have only been "lurking", I wanted you to know that I've learned A LOT from your expertise. (as well as others who take their time and contribute.) You are a very charitable man who continuously takes the time to helps others in need. I wanted you to know that you not only help the people who have the courage to post, you also help people like myself who were fortunate enough to find this site. I've learned a lot (still learning) and appreciate all that you do. Congratulations, God Bless, and Thank You!

Thanks! That one means a lot to me! I never have any way of knowing how many people are lurking, I always hope that there are a lot. But I sincerely appreciate you making the effort to make a profile and do what is involved to make this first post to me. Thank you again. God bless.
    LovesAnimals likes this.

DDAVE45 is offline Member

hey robert.....havent been on in awhile but i still check post now and again......just want to say congrats on 10 years. You truly are an inspiration to everyone on here.....i know you prob hear that all the time but you deserve to my friend. Keep doing what your doing ......its not an easy job and you have done it for years and expect nothing in return. The hardest things in life are done the least......but provide the most.
    Robert_325 likes this.

Crystalclear651 is offline Senior Member

So happy for you! I can't wait to say the same one day! I also have chronic pain n it is tough. I'm going thru suboxone tapering now and it's been tough but everyone on here seems to b do supportive it's a great way to express ourselves n also hear wonderful success stories like yours. Definitely seems like the Lord is with you. Much love to you n thx for sharing!
    Robert_325 likes this.

caughtagain is offline Diamond Member

Robert... I agree with Blue... You DA man... proud of you fellow pickle. This is one case where being a 10 year old pickle is not a bad thing. All my best, Reid
    Robert_325 likes this.

surfdog is offline Senior Member

Robert, and pickles get better with age ! I know I'm a real old pickle lol congratulations again my friend Surfdog
    Robert_325 likes this.

Anonymous Guest

awww yeh, they get all soft and sweet, and not hard and bitter. hee hee, ah robert for a change i can laugh with ya.... i guess that means i might be a pickle too. omg.... (always thought it was an ugly pickle tho)
    but i have a lot more marinating to get to 10 years. haha. ah good one, a wee chuckle before i hit the hay...
    surfdog and Robert_325 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by cheekysod View Post
    awww yeh, they get all soft and sweet, and not hard and bitter. hee hee, ah robert for a change i can laugh with ya.... i guess that means i might be a pickle too. omg.... (always thought it was an ugly pickle tho)
    but i have a lot more marinating to get to 10 years. haha. ah good one, a wee chuckle before i hit the hay...

That is what a few years of recovery has done for both of us cheeky. It's funny how I used to argue all the time with you, Bev, Coming Home, and others, most of the old pickles, but as all of us have gotten a little of our old senses back we don't do that anymore. I like it a LOT better! God bless.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast