tattoo emergency
    sweetchikk05 is offline Banned

Default tattoo emergency

I have a serious problem I think...I have had this tattoo of tweety bird on my arm for almost 10 years and all the sudden out of nowhere it is protruding, very swollen around the lines of it, its real puffy and I dont know what that means, I have a few other tattoos and I checked them and they are fine, I know for a fact that I dont have any diseases or anything I was checked at my last ob appoinment does nayone know if this is bad or if It is something I shouldnt even worry about, I know its totally off the subject of drugs but I am really concerned, this tattoo has been fine for nearly ten years but now I can just feel how swollen the entire thing is, do you think that I should call my doctor? I was given flajole antibiotic for a bladder infection that I keep getting but it was making me vomit so I decided that I am not going to take it and have them give me a different kind of an antibiotic but if that could be the cause maybe I am allergic to it or something, what the hell do I do I am so scared that something could be wrong with me, does anyone know anything about tattoos? I am scared...please help me give me some insight asap...thank you so much guys,

Liz Ann

Rscprincess1 is offline Member

If It Isnt Red Or Sore Then Chances Are That It Isnt Infected Or That You Are Having An Allergic Reation. Over Time Tattoos Can Become Raised But To Be Safe You Could Always Go To A Tattoo Shop And Just Ask Them If It Looks Ok Or Call Your DR.

I'm Not A Pharmacist Or A Medical Doctor. This Message Is Not Medical Advice Or Is It An Offer To Provide Medical Advice. All Drug I.Ds Should Be Validated By A Licensed MD Or Pharmacist. But I Do Enjoy Helping If I Can.

Well the protrudness has gone down, I was thinking it might have been an allergic reaction to the antibiotic I was taking, I am on flajole but I keep vommiting on it and its making me really nautios so I quit taking it and I am going to have my ob/gyn call me in a different kind, but the tattoo isnt too swollen anymore, I was just really scared when I felt how raised up the lines of it were because it wasnt done by a tattoo shop it was done by my friends dad like 10 years ago.....thats why I thought it was odd that it did that beings that I have had the tattoo for so long and never ever had anything wrong with it, thanks for the insight but I am guessing it was nothing, none of my other tattoos were like it and the swolling went down by the time I had gotten out of bed today, take care all talk to you later

Liz Ann

Glad To Hear That It Went Down Just Keep An Eye On It And Remember A Tattoo Shop Will Gladly Look At It Free Or Maybe A Very Small Charge.

I'm Not A Pharmacist Or A Medical Doctor. This Message Is Not Medical Advice Or Is It An Offer To Provide Medical Advice. All Drug I.Ds Should Be Validated By A Licensed MD Or Pharmacist. But I Do Enjoy Helping If I Can.

Thanks, if it does it again or gets worse I will have it looked at but it looks great for now, really makes me want to wait on getting it covered with another tatto though, but I hate it, its tweety bird and its real little, of couse it is my arms were little when I was 12, and at 12 years old I didnt think of the future consequences of having a tattoo, I never realized that its permanent and wont go away, I didn care at the age of 12, and neither did the guy who did it...but thanks for the advice though...

Liz ANn

No Problem You Are Quite Welcome

tls
    tls is offline Junior Member

I have five tattoos, and I've never had any swell or anything! I Hope that it clears up and heals completely!!!!

the problem went away, it was swollen for about 2-3 days but then it went back to normal..thanks though

Liz ann