Tapering off Temazepam
    mitchtraves is offline New Member

Default Tapering off Temazepam

Hi

I'm new to the forum. Been using 30 mg of Temazepam almost nightly for a year or more. I'm planning to follow the Ashton method of tapering off by switching to Diazepam and tapering gradually.

My question is if I do it this way over a course of a few months until I'm down to a very low nightly dose will I escape having to go through uncomfortable withdrawal?

mitch

mitchtraves is offline New Member

test

jjbellinski is offline Member

Hi mitch,

I'm having the exact same problem. I've been trying without much success to taper from 30 mg's of Temazepam daily shaving a little off here and there but it's not working. I can't sleep without it and I'm feeling terrible withdrawal even when I'm still using it which seems really strange to me.

So I'm planning to sit down with my doctor on Friday and see if he'll switch me over to the Ashton schedule of tapering with Diazepam (Valium)

I just read the schedule and it looks to me like it'll take around 20 weeks or more to finally get clean. I hope by the time I'm down to 5 mg's I'll be able to quit without terrible withdrawal.

Good luck,

JJ