Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Taper buddy, taper plan, robert-325 followers, help?
    Idkhow is offline Junior Member

Default Taper buddy, taper plan, robert-325 followers, help?

Hi all.. Amazing stuff you are doing here..

Ok i've been using suboxone for abot 3 years and i'm just done withit.. I have to get myself off. I am currently takin around 3 to 4 mgs a day for about 2 weeks now.. My times are not consistent.. Major problem is that for the next month until about the second week of August I will be busy with work, training, extra hours and a family vacation..

I am on my knees looking for someone to hold my hand and tell me what to do.. I am sorry that I posted twice in the forums looking for Roberts help and then stumbled on the directions to come here.. I live on the east coast and will check this thread tomorrow. Thank God, I feel relieved that I posted this.

Thanks all

Robert did respond. With the taper plan and cows worksheet. Problem is I can not score a 26 because i've been using the suboxone now for a while as stated in my previous post.

What should I do now? First I think I'm in a panic. I probably should just calm down. Lol

toni.s. is offline Senior Member

it's ok hun! caaaaalm down...
    ok...
    you have two choices. you can try to re-induct on subs at a much lower dose..
    or u can continue to taper from where ur at now.

...personally..my advice is def to re-induct.
    but ur gonna have to go through and weigh out ur own options to figure out what best suits ur needs and ur life right now.
    just let us know what u decide..and there's many knowledgable ppl here that can walk u through it..and many other ppl going through it that will support ur decision.

Hi. Thanks lol. Calmed down. In fact I'm happier now that I made the decision to join

You say re-induct. Please explain If I only been taking about 2mgs in the am and about 1 to 2 in the pm. Where do you suggest I start? I don't want to go higher but I know I have to follow someone else's suggestions. Mine doesn't work.

I was planning to do 2mgs and 1mg at night for another 2 days and then try 1mg in the am 1mg in the pm for the next 4 days and follow Roberts taper plan.

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Idkhow View Post
    Hi. Thanks lol. Calmed down. In fact I'm happier now that I made the decision to join

You say re-induct. Please explain If I only been taking about 2mgs in the am and about 1 to 2 in the pm. Where do you suggest I start? I don't want to go higher but I know I have to follow someone else's suggestions. Mine doesn't work.

I was planning to do 2mgs and 1mg at night for another 2 days and then try 1mg in the am 1mg in the pm for the next 4 days and follow Roberts taper plan.

You're on a low enough dose to pick up where you are at now. Make sure you are stable, feeling totally normal. Then you start ideally reducing your dose by 25% every four days. The length of time you've been using subs may require you take an extra day or two between reductions, it may not. We take it a day at a time and react according to your symptoms. So I would drop by 25% tomorrow, keep me posted how you're doing and we'll proceed forward from there based on your results. And you want to take equal doses twice a day at the same time each day to keep a steady flow of medication going through your system. Hope that helps. You can do this, but you've GOT to follow the instructions to the letter, otherwise the process doesn't work, then people say it's no good. You do what I say and I will stick this out with you and you'll succeed, you can read too many other success stories all over the forum to prove it works. God bless.
    Last edited by Robert_325; 07-01-2012 at 09:56 PM.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

Thank you!!! I will follow it to the letter and post progress....

if ur going to follow robert's taper plan..then follow it from the get-go..to a T. 25% reductions from every dose.
    to re-induct ud have to stop taking the subs..until u score a 26 on the cows wrksht. that wont happen in 1 day. 2-3 days i think. but karen, someone who posts on this forum (her name is strongdesire..READ HER THREAD!) inducted on subs recently with robert's help..and managed to do so on a pretty low dose..and will now be able to get off subs in about 6 wks (i think was what was said).
    he usually re-inducts ppl who are on a very high sub dose..but (and i'm just giving u my opinion) i would rather just take a few days off the subs and be able to reduce my dose drastically for a shorter taper.
    the best thing for u to do right now is go through these threads and educate yourself on the taper.
    crystalclear, strongdesire,chrissytee...there's a BUNCH of ppl in this forum going through the same thing.
    i'd go through them..re-read robert's links afterwards (since u'll prob have a better understanding then too)..and then let us know what ur gonna do.and someone (with more experience and knowledge) will jump on here and give u advice.

see ... he knows what he's talking about..
    just listen to everything robert says and u'll be fine.
    goodluck.
    and keep posting. we all want to hear about ur progress!

I don't know what is happening to my posts. A bunch of them were deleted.

Ok well my posts have been deleted. I don't know what happened but anyway I stated that I would post progress so I took 1mg at 6pm orally. Tomorrow I will take 2mg @ 6am and 1mg pm for the next 4 days. Listen to my body and taper 25% off the morning dose. And no I won't snort them. I am new to all of this and just want to be well.

Any help suggestions encouragement will be greatly appreciated

ClassiqueMom is offline Senior Member

.........If I only been taking about 2mgs in the am and about 1 to 2 in the pm....
    ........Mine [plan] doesn't work

hi idkhow..
    if your plan's not working.. (and i'm sure it's not) .. get on Roberts plan..

1) IF you are at total 3mg/day.. you need to divide into even doses.. 1.5 a.m. and 1.5 p.m -- to start!
    ...... re- read what Robert wrote to you back in post #5)

2) stay there a few days til you're stable..

3) drop by A TOTAL of 25% .. your next drop would be 2.25 mg/day (DIVIDED EVENLY, for your 2 doses)

here's a link to the amount of drops from there..
    http://www.drugs.com/forum/need-talk...tml#post327580 <<--click

allll my best! and prayers!, too!
    Classique MoM
    Last edited by ClassiqueMom; 07-03-2012 at 05:39 AM.
    P - R - A - Y - E - R
    When life gets too hard to stand...KNEEL !

Quote Originally Posted by ClassiqueMom View Post
    hi idkhow..
    if your plan's not working.. (and i'm sure it's not) .. get on Roberts plan..

1) IF you are at total 3mg/day.. you need to divide into even doses.. 1.5 a.m. and 1.5 p.m -- to start!
    ...... re- read what Robert wrote to you back in post #5)

2) stay there a few days til you're stable..

3) drop by A TOTAL of 25% .. your next drop would be 2.25 mg/day (DIVIDED EVENLY, for your 2 doses)

here's a link to the amount of drops from there..
    http://www.drugs.com/forum/need-talk...tml#post327580 <<--click

Classique MoM
    Mom,
    Thanks alot for posting. Got it. I've been reading alot of posts and now I understand. I will do it as follows
    1.5 mgs in the am and 1.5 mgs in the pm for 4 days and see how my body feels from there
    ClassiqueMom likes this.

Took my dose of 1.5mg last night. Felt great. One thing I noticed is that my digestion is back on track. Now I've been trying to keep my times right but since I work so early I dose at 6am. But if I'm not the. I dose around 7 am. I slept late and dosed at 10:00 this morning

I woke up groggy, went to bathrrom, sneezed 4 times in a row. Other than that i feel ok. Took 1.5 mg and now have to do some yard work.

I read sone good stuff yesterday. I read about how to crush 2mg piece and then seperate it to be morning exact. Question is how am I going to keep the powdered pills in a safe place. I also read that I should keep it moving. Strongdesire i think seems to be in great shape. When i first started using subs i was so active. The last few months I've been such a miserable dud. I'll get through this.

Strong Desire is offline Advanced Member

Took my dose of 1.5mg last night. Felt great. One thing I noticed is that my digestion is back on track. Now I've been trying to keep my times right but since I work so early I dose at 6am. But if I'm not the. I dose around 7 am. I slept late and dosed at 10:00 this morning

I woke up groggy, went to bathroom, sneezed 4 times in a row. Other than that i feel ok. Took 1.5 mg and now have to do some yard work.

I read sone good stuff yesterday. I read about how to crush 2mg piece and then seperate it to be morning exact. Question is how am I going to keep the powdered pills in a safe place. I also read that I should keep it moving. Strongdesire i think seems to be in great shape. When i first started using subs i was so active. The last few months I've been such a miserable dud. I'll get through this.
    Hi Idkhow,

My name is Karen and it is very nice to meet you! I am going through the sub taper right now with Robert's help and guidance and will be glad to offer you my support. We can help each other! I work from home so I am here most of the time.

You are doing just GREAT and you only need to relax a bit and think the most POSITIVE thoughts ALL of the time! You might be amazed at what some good old positive thinking will and can do for you. And also get some exercise. Do what your physical abilities will allow. Just going for a walk will make a huge difference to you! And music can be another lifeline. Put your headphones on and go for a short walk every day if time allows you to do that.

Just know I am with you and want you to succeed with me. I will help all that I can. I want you clean with me and the others. Lots of really amazing people here all for you! Take care of yourself and we'll chat later. Bless you!

Big Hugs,
    Karen

hi idkhow..

because my son is not at home everyday, maybe spend a night at his girlfriend's or grandma's place,
    we had to find a way to have multiple days worth of meds ready for him..

after crushing & dividing the doses.. i put them in empty gelatin capsules..

you could buy any cheap capsule supplement, say, potassium, or anything low cost, empty them
    out.. and use the razor blade to slip the crushed meds into it..

you can also buy plain EMPTY capsules.. but i found it more cost effective to buy a cheap
    supplement, (on the clearance shelf) and just discard the contents..

when you need to dose, just open up the capsule, put contents under your tongue..
    save the empty capsule for next time..

ohhh.. and one last tip.. try not to buy reallllyy small capsules.. much to hard
    to work with..

Classique MoM
    P - R - A - Y - E - R

hi idkhow..

because my son is not at home everyday, maybe spend a night at his girlfriend's or grandma's place,

you could buy any cheap capsule supplement, say, potassium, or anything low cost, empty them

you can also buy plain EMPTY capsules.. but i found it more cost effective to buy a cheap

when you need to dose, just open up the capsule, put contents under your tongue..

ohhh.. and one last tip.. try not to buy reallllyy small capsules.. much to hard
    to work with..

Classique MoM
    EXCELLENT, excellent advice Mom! I hope all is well with your family. My prayers continue to be with you always!

Hugs,
    Karen

Karen, thank you so much. Finally I am on my Mac and now can follow these posts better. Doing it from my phone was killing me...I have read your thread and I really am inspired by what you have been doing. Thanks so much for your support.

hugs

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Desire View Post
    Hi Idkhow,

My name is Karen and it is very nice to meet you! I am going through the sub taper right now with Robert's help and guidance and will be glad to offer you my support. We can help each other! I work from home so I am here most of the time.

You are doing just GREAT and you only need to relax a bit and think the most POSITIVE thoughts ALL of the time! You might be amazed at what some good old positive thinking will and can do for you. And also get some exercise. Do what your physical abilities will allow. Just going for a walk will make a huge difference to you! And music can be another lifeline. Put your headphones on and go for a short walk every day if time allows you to do that.

Just know I am with you and want you to succeed with me. I will help all that I can. I want you clean with me and the others. Lots of really amazing people here all for you! Take care of yourself and we'll chat later. Bless you!

Big Hugs,
    Karen

Mom, LOL. I am smh thinking how great is this idea. It put a huge smile on my face.

Thank you so much for following up on me. It means the world to me.

hi idkhow..

to work with..

Classique MoM

Good Morning. I found some capsules in my vitamin closet. So I crushed 3/4 of a 8mg. Made 3 piles, cut those in half and created six 1.5 mg doses. They look tiny. I am going to just go with the 3 more days of 1.5 mgs to see how I feel. I May have been taking a more than I orginally thought. Late last night I was anxious, thought my legs were a bit jittery. But woke up ok.

7am - 1.5mg capsule

Good Morning. I found some capsules in my vitamin closet. So I crushed 3/4 of a 8mg.

3/4 of 8 mg = 6mg

Made 3 piles,

which would be 2 mg each pile

cut those in half and created six 1.5 mg doses.

actually 1/2 of those 2mg piles would be ONE mg/each

They look tiny. I am going to just go with the 3 more days of 1.5 mgs to see how I feel. I May have been taking a more than I orginally thought. Late last night I was anxious, thought my legs were a bit jittery. But woke up ok.

7am - 1.5mg capsule
    your math is off! ..
    Mr_Dean... where are youuuu???

p.s. you also need potassium or bananas for the restless leg..
    P - R - A - Y - E - R

I wrote it wrong. I made a total of 4 piles. Which is 1.5 each. Thanks. What I am finding wierd is that late at night say around 8pm. I feel my best. All day i feel a little foggy.

So since I made the piles right, i will stay with te 1.5 mg 2x a day until Monday.

its Saturday afternoon, been taking the 1.5mgs for a few days now. around the same time, twice a day. Finally I feel so good. My appetite is back, digestion on track, and I am just in a better mood.for the past 2 months I was so miserable, depressed and just feeling the worst I have ever felt in my life.

Now for today, it's all good. It did take a couple of weeks to get here but now I feel like this is going to work and I am going to finally be free of this pill.

its Saturday afternoon, been taking the 1.5mgs for a few days now. around the same time, twice a day. Finally I feel so good. My appetite is back, digestion on track, and I am just in a better mood.for the past 2 months I was so miserable, depressed and just feeling the worst I have ever felt in my life.

Now for today, it's all good. It did take a couple of weeks to get here but now I feel like this is going to work and I am going to finally be free of this pill.
    Hey now....that sounds just great! You are really rolling now! So happy you made the turn and everything is going well for you! I am just so proud of you for really sticking it out and having a great attitude about it all. That really makes ALL the difference as I mentioned to you before.

And once you get rolling along, it just gets better and better! You're getting the dose down and before you know it you will be seeing that light at the end of the tunnel. It's there I assure you! Take care my friend and have a great weekend.

Big Hugs,
    Karen

I made a mistake on my dose amd dropped to 1mg instead of 1.25mg. It os now the fourth day of 1mg and I am feeling fine. I'm supposed to drop to .75 tomorrow so here we go. Everything is still going well. Thank God. My thinking is clear and bow I am noticing so many damn mistakes at work. Ugh. I'm laughing again! I even woke up with a u know what!! It's been 2 years since I notices that.

Robert_325 is offline Retired

You lucked out! It happens sometimes. If you've made it four days and feel fine go to .75mg tomorrow and it's time to start taking it in one dose a day now that you're under 1mg! You need to start preparing yourself for the day skipping and getting on one dose each day is a big part of that. No time like the present! Happy you lucked on with that reduction. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

I made a mistake on my dose amd dropped to 1mg instead of 1.25mg. It os now the fourth day of 1mg and I am feeling fine. I'm supposed to drop to .75 tomorrow so here we go. Everything is still going well. Thank God. My thinking is clear and bow I am noticing so many damn mistakes at work. Ugh. I'm laughing again! I even woke up with a u know what!! It's been 2 years since I notices that.
    Well it looks as if you got away with that dose reduction error! So you were .5mg total off and if you had no problems, or didn't notice any difference, I would consider myself extremely blessed. If you notice any difficulties with your next reduction you will know the reason. The half life is so long it is most likely what's holding you, or keeping you from feeling any issues. So that's great if it's the case!

You're doing great overall. Getting down to the low doses now. And I was told by Robert that when I got down to under 1mg total daily dose to switch to taking it just one time per day. That will set you up to get off it easier when the time comes. Keep doing what you're doing, but just be careful with the math in the next reduction! I'm sure you will.

Take care and have a great evening. I keep following along and keep up with what you're doing. Talk to you again soon.

Big Hugs,
    Karen

Quote Originally Posted by Robert_325 View Post
    You lucked out! It happens sometimes. If you've made it four days and feel fine go to .75mg tomorrow and it's time to start taking it in one dose a day now that you're under 1mg! You need to start preparing yourself for the day skipping and getting on one dose each day is a big part of that. No time like the present! Happy you lucked on with that reduction. God bless.
    He's now taking a TOTAL daily dose of 2mg's Robert, not 1mg total! Thought you should know!
    Karen

He will reduce to 1.5mg TOTAL daily dose tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Desire View Post
    He will reduce to 1.5mg TOTAL daily dose tomorrow!
    Yep that's right a total of 1.5mg a day. So thanks for checking in, Robert, Mom and Karen. God does hear me. Ok help me out please, Robert said when I am under 1mg a day go to single doses. I'm a little confused. I had made up the following and was planning to do this. Please tell me where I am wrong.

.75mgs 2x 4 days
    .50mgs 2x 4 days
    .25mgs 2x 4 days
    .25mgs 1x 4 days
    .25mgs 1 day skip 1, 1 day skip 2, 1 day skip 3, 1 day skip 4 and done

Is that right?

Btw I did wake up this morning a little chippy but took my .75 and feel ok. Is it ok to extend my 4 days if need be? Or just go thru it?

Yep that's right a total of 1.5mg a day. So thanks for checking in, Robert, Mom and Karen. God does hear me. Ok help me out please, Robert said when I am under 1mg a day go to single doses. I'm a little confused. I had made up the following and was planning to do this. Please tell me where I am wrong.

.75mgs 2x 4 days
    .50mgs 2x 4 days
    .25mgs 2x 4 days
    .25mgs 1x 4 days
    .25mgs 1 day skip 1, 1 day skip 2, 1 day skip 3, 1 day skip 4 and done

Is that right?

Btw I did wake up this morning a little chippy but took my .75 and feel ok. Is it ok to extend my 4 days if need be? Or just go thru it?
    Oh man I'm thinking this all wrong. I end up dropping a whole .5 instead of .25 if I take it twice a day. Help!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast