taking valium with vicodin
    tcovell is offline New Member

Exclamation taking valium with vicodin

I am currently taking 10 mg of valium for anxiety about twice a day. i broke my leg 2 days ago and they gave me 5/500 mg of vicodin. i was wondering if it is ok too take these two medications around the same time. im not talking about taking them both at the same time. its just that im a little nervous about taking vicodin because usually anything narcotic gets me a little anxious and if this happens i want to know if it is ok to take the valium. any information will help.

musicman48 is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by tcovell View Post
    I am currently taking 10 mg of valium for anxiety about twice a day. i broke my leg 2 days ago and they gave me 5/500 mg of vicodin. i was wondering if it is ok too take these two medications around the same time. im not talking about taking them both at the same time. its just that im a little nervous about taking vicodin because usually anything narcotic gets me a little anxious and if this happens i want to know if it is ok to take the valium. any information will help.
    At the dose you are prescribed you will be fine taking them both...You should be aware of the side effects of vicodin in general though.You will feel slightly "buzzed" taking them both so be careful..This reply is based on personal experience.Not science.Hope your leg heals quickly.

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by musicman48 View Post
    At the dose you are prescribed you will be fine taking them both...You should be aware of the side effects of vicodin in general though.You will feel slightly "buzzed" taking them both so be careful..This reply is based on personal experience.Not science.Hope your leg heals quickly.

You are right. Taking valium 10mg twice daily and 5/500 vicodin together might cause him to be a little buzzed but no serious side effects unless more of these meds are taken than what has been said. Just don't take more than prescribed. God bless.

LMK20 is offline New Member

Default From personal experience, you should be A-OK

Hi,
    I am 5'2" and just shy of 110 pounds. I have been suffering from PHN (a nerve condition associated with shingles) and sometimes I too need to take a 'Vicodin' along with either a 10mg 'Valium' or a 25mg dose of 'Xanax' and I have not had any adverse symptoms from doing so. However, I do not drive when I need to take these medications and am very careful to be aware of not just addiction but dependence as well. It sounds as though you are exercising caution and good judgement and should be just fine and off of these medications all together soon enough anyway. Hope the leg is feeling better with each passing day!
    Best,
    Laura
    Believe in yourself and all that you are.
    Know that there is something inside you
    That is greater than any obstacle.
    [Christian D. Larson]