Swollen Throat?
    bellaxx is offline New Member

Default Swollen Throat?

I'm fine, it was allergy issues!

Thank you for all of your advice. =)

Cats Meow is offline Banned

Smoking could contribute to it, but I doubt it's the cause or it would have shown up a long time ago. It sounds like you're having an allergic reaction to something. I'm sure your doctor looked down your throat, so that rules out lots of other things.
    Someone else can spank you for smoking at 17.

^..^ ~~ ,
    =´`= ___ )-~

mpvt is offline Platinum Member

Sounds like an anxiety attack.Can you go down to the ER and see a doctor and just ask them if it could be an anxiety attack.....Dave

Lynda is offline Member

Bellaxx,
    First, see your doctor again and when he or she says, "so what's going on"? Tell them in specific detail. If you have a cough, tell them if it feels like it's in your throat or your chest. Notice what is going on or what you are thinking when this starts. Anxiety could be part of the problem. If you have some issues that are creating stress, that could also be part of the problem. Sometimes it is even something like the gastric reflux thing - so go back and don't hesitate to ask your dr questions and talk with him/her.

Now, listen. I literally watched my precious Daddy die from Emphysema. He waited way too late in life to decide to quit smoking. Yes - other irritants can cause emphysema and I know that. But I also know that smoking robs your lungs of oxygen. Also, just for grins, take the amount of money you spend on cigarettes each day and multiple that by 365. I had my middle school kids do that and they were amazed at the total.

So, call your doctor and go back to square one. If there are things causing you stress, never, never, never be afraid to talk about it at least with your doctor!!

You are young and have many opportunities ahead - make the right choices now!! Let us know what the dr says! I'll be thinking about you and praying that you get some answers real soon! Lynda

Our God is an awesome God!

bellaxx is offline New Member

My doctor said it's nothing to worry about, because of the pollen, etc. It's an allergy issue. I'm on some medication for it, which is helping, ALOT! She also put me on some medication, to help me quit smoking...so hopefully that all works out. As for the anxiety attacks; apparently I only got them, because I was having issues breathing, so I would panic! Everything's going good now, thanks for all the advice. =)

- Stefania