switching lexapro to wellbutrin OUCH
    Ellen495 is offline New Member

Default switching lexapro to wellbutrin OUCH

Hi. I'm new here. I've taken paxil, celexa, lexapro, and now wellbutrin - in that order. I want off lexapro because I've gained a significant amount of weight and I heard Wellbutrin doesn't do this (or less likely).

So I took half lexapro and one Wellbutrin the first day, no lexapro the next - for this past week. Last night I had such an anger attack - and I've been talking divorce with my husband.

I feel really horrible. How long will this last? When will the Wellbutrin kick in and the side effects of lexapro (major headaches and dizziness) stop?[xx(]

Thanks.
    Ellen

lizery is offline Member

I personally would wean off lexapro over a month or two. It has wicked withdrawal symptoms.

Liz

just hold on

aquamarine is offline Member

quote:Originally posted by lizery

I personally would wean off lexapro over a month or two. It has wicked withdrawal symptoms.

Liz

just hold on
    I think I might have mentioned this before but I've been on just about every SSRI one of which was Lexapro. I took 10 mil a day for a few months then decided that I didn't want to take it anymore so I just stopped taking it and didn't go through any withdrawel at all. Guess I was just one of the lucky ones.

aquamarine is offline Member

quote:Originally posted by aquamarine

quote:Originally posted by lizery

Liz

just hold on
    I think I might have mentioned this before but I've been on just about every SSRI one of which was Lexapro. I took 10 mil a day for a few months then decided that I didn't want to take it anymore so I just stopped taking it and didn't go through any withdrawel at all. Guess I was just one of the lucky ones.
    I forgot to mention that I hated Wellbutrin as it made me so hyper and caused me not to be able to sleep. I definitely didn't stay on that for very long.