Like Tree1Likes
sundwn with sub question
    Sundwn is offline Member

Default sundwn with sub question

I received a call yesterday from a dear friend. He is currently renting a cabin in the mountains and is there with his son ( 28 ). His son,s DOC is >>>>>>. He took his last dose of H wednesday night at 6:00. He waited 12 hrs. I do not know if he reached 26 on a COWS but it sounds like he was close. He currently has 14 pack strips of 8/2 ( ? ) Suboxone. He has gone through one pack taking 1/3 every 12 hrs. So he has 13 packs left. He has attended 2 N/A meetings while there. I know next to nothing about Suboxone except what I have read here. I asked if he can get more Sub if needed. And the answer was yes. They only have internet service at the cafe so I am going to relay what I can over the phone to his Dad. When they go to cafe they can read this thread also. He is NOT seeing a sub Dr. I have explained that it sometimes takes months to get clean if done correctly. I have also, as best I can, related the dangers of Suboxone.
    I want to help getting this young man on the correct dose etc. They will be coming off the mountain wednesday Aug 8th. Any help here would be appreciated..........to all my D.com friends out there. I hope all is well. I have been traveling some. but have checked in from time to time. Sup Dog?
    Thanks again to any and all replies.

Strong Desire is offline Advanced Member

Hello and welcome to the forum. I will give you the link to the sub therapy thread that many on this forum use to get clean. I used it myself and it really does work. It explains all you will need to know if you take the time to read through it. Very good information that is easy to read and understand. If you have questions, come back and post and someone will get back to you. Again welcome and have a great day.

Karen

Sub Therapy Plan
    http://www.drugs.com/forum/featured-...apy-50887.html <------click

surfdog is offline Senior Member

Sup SD! not much staying out of the heat and trying to learn to read music, greek would have been easier lol Dog

Sundwn is offline Member

Dog! are you trying to read music? staffs, quarter, half, whole notes, EGBDF, FACE, etc? Or are you learning keys? For instance a basic blues song would be 3 chords. If in the key of E you can use the Nashville number system example: 1,4,5 very common. E being ( 1 ) then count 1,2,3,4....4 being A then 1,2,3,4,5....5 being B...E,A,B. these chords make up many songs blues and country. And you can do this in any key......key of C....C being 1 then count C (1 ) F (4) G ( 5 )......if someone is teaching you, ask about the "nashville number system "....they will most likely want to shoot me. But number charts are what all studio musicians use....hope i haven't confused you bro. good to hear from you.....of course you need to know the scale " A B C D E F G " I assume your instrument is guitar? doesn't matter this works with all inst.
    Last edited by Sundwn; 08-05-2012 at 04:17 PM.

surfdog is offline Senior Member

Yea man there is hope, instructor insist I learn to read music, yes it is a guitar suppoesed to start chords this week all those note staffs the stuff you mentioned at my age can be frustrating, might be residual damage from all those years out there lol good hear from you man Dog

Sundwn is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by surfdog View Post
    Yea man there is hope, instructor insist I learn to read music, yes it is a guitar suppoesed to start chords this week all those note staffs the stuff you mentioned at my age can be frustrating, might be residual damage from all those years out there lol good hear from you man Dog
    Its like learning to finger pick. Thumb and index. over and over. And then one day your middle finger gets on board. No rhyme or reason it just happens. so just stay the course man, you know about that. It gets a little frustrating, but it will all come together often when you least expect it. you wake up one morning and you are able to do something you couldn't do yesterday. Or as well. Major scales man...lol.....And don't pick those callous,s off your left fingers..lol.......good deal Dog.
    Last edited by ddcmod; 08-06-2012 at 01:18 AM.

Sundwn is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Desire View Post
    Hello and welcome to the forum. I will give you the link to the sub therapy thread that many on this forum use to get clean. I used it myself and it really does work. It explains all you will need to know if you take the time to read through it. Very good information that is easy to read and understand. If you have questions, come back and post and someone will get back to you. Again welcome and have a great day.

Karen

Sub Therapy Plan
    http://www.drugs.com/forum/featured-...apy-50887.html <------click
    Karen, thank you for responding. This was a great help in getting my friends on the right track. Exactly what was needed. Thanks again .....Sundwn