subutex during withdrawal? should i start?
    kuhn is offline New Member

Question subutex during withdrawal? should i start?

i went to the outpatient facility today to get my adivan, clonidine, and sleeping aid, and a woman said i should start on subutex? is that the same as suboxone? i know people are trying hard to get off of it.

she said if i did it for a few days and stopped i would be fine. would it put me back to day one?

i am new to these boards and i see people are reading, but not responding. i promise. i will help heal others with my knowledge if someone, doctor, mother, patient, addict, non-addict would please help.

i am a twenties boy trying desperately to change his life.

anything.

kaileyb is offline Member

Smile

yeah i'm not sure what's going on, no one is really replying like they used to. i made a post with methadone questions and alot of people have read it but no one can bother to respond... anyway this is about you not me.

i have never taken subutex or suboxone, i'm on methadone. however, i did a lot of reseach on suboxone for my ex so i have a little info.

subutex is suboxone without the naloxone. naloxone causes you to go into immediate withdrawls if u try to abuse it, like shoot it. it is an antagonist, meaning it is a drug that blocks opioids by attaching to the opioid receptors with out activating them. it causes no opiod effect. subutex is buprenorphine. it's a semi-synthetic opioid. it is called an opioid partial agonist. this means it's maximal effects are much less than those of methadone or >>>>>>, which are full agonist opioids. it has a higher affinity than other opioids, meaning it will fight for a receptor and win. it will "knock off" other opioids and occupy that receptor, blocking other opioids from attaching to it.

i can't write more right now, i have to get ready for work, but this is a start. go to www.naabt.org it has a lot of info, tho i did get the impression they were somewhat biased.

as far as being at day one, since it's a partial agonist rather than a full agonist, i think you could be okay as long as you only took it for a few days during which u would be withdrawing. i used to do the same thing with methadone and it worked for me, my only problem is is i have a muscular disorder and the pain was so great that i would just start doing pills all over again because my back hurt.

anyway i'll be on here again later. hope this helps!

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by kuhn View Post
    i went to the outpatient facility today to get my adivan, clonidine, and sleeping aid, and a woman said i should start on subutex? is that the same as suboxone? i know people are trying hard to get off of it.

she said if i did it for a few days and stopped i would be fine. would it put me back to day one?

i am new to these boards and i see people are reading, but not responding. i promise. i will help heal others with my knowledge if someone, doctor, mother, patient, addict, non-addict would please help.

i am a twenties boy trying desperately to change his life.

anything.

I used opiates for decades and went on subutex for about six weeks total. I then stopped and had no problems whatsoever. I would recommend subutex to anyone not able to do a cold turkey for whatever reason, or if you have relapsed in the past trying to just stop. You should check the naabt.org web site. You can type in your zip code and all the certified drs for subutex or suboxone in your area are listed for your convenience. Good luck.

Default Subutex

Hey-I had lots of hope wrapped up in starting subutex. It's the same thing as suboxone but without the nalaxone..spelling? After months of research...I was hoping it would help. It seems like it helps a lot of people. It did nothing for me except make me feel like a tired zombie and did not take away my opiate cravings. That's just me though...there's a lot of people on this board that it's helped. It seems like you are dealing the most with the mental part right now. I hope you feel better soon. I am sure you will.

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by IllMissMyNorcos View Post
    Hey-I had lots of hope wrapped up in starting subutex. It's the same thing as suboxone but without the nalaxone..spelling? After months of research...I was hoping it would help. It seems like it helps a lot of people. It did nothing for me except make me feel like a tired zombie and did not take away my opiate cravings. That's just me though...there's a lot of people on this board that it's helped. It seems like you are dealing the most with the mental part right now. I hope you feel better soon. I am sure you will.

I asked you in one of your other recent posts too... how much subutex were you taking a day .... the dose? And how long did you take it? I am just curious and would like to try and determine why it didn't affect you at all. You received absolutely no benefit from it whatsoever???