Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Robert_325
  • 1 Post By ndm1952
Subutex detox..
    ndm1952 is offline New Member

Default Subutex detox..

I have read posts by Robert325 about a method to reduce the intake of daily doses of Sub's.. I am new to this and have had trouble figuring out how to post a new thread.. I am trying to reach Robert325 and left 2 messages on someone else's thread ?? You have to excuse my computer illiteracy as I come from a different generation.. Pencils, erasers, white out, and snail mail ... Any help will be appreciated.. Nathan

Strong Desire is offline Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by ndm1952 View Post
    I have read posts by Robert325 about a method to reduce the intake of daily doses of Sub's.. I am new to this and have had trouble figuring out how to post a new thread.. I am trying to reach Robert325 and left 2 messages on someone else's thread ?? You have to excuse my computer illiteracy as I come from a different generation.. Pencils, erasers, white out, and snail mail ... Any help will be appreciated.. Nathan
    Hi and welcome! You are at the right place. Robert will see your post right here in a short time. Just remain patient as he gets real busy helping so many others. He is helping me right now also. Thanks for posting and again welcome.

Hugs,
    Karen

Strong Desire is offline Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Desire View Post
    Hi and welcome! You are at the right place. Robert will see your post right here in a short time. Just remain patient as he gets real busy helping so many others. He is helping me right now also. Thanks for posting and again welcome.

Hugs,
    Karen
    Here is the link to Robert's Induction and Taper Plan

http://www.drugs.com/forum/featured-...apy-50887.html <------click

Hope this helps!

Karen

Good Morning...... Thanks for the response.. I am learning how to "Post", and what exactly a "thread" is !! I have never used my Lap top to communicate in this way.. I have read several stories about people Robert has helped and he is a poster boy for what the program means about giving back.. I have known for years I need to get off the Bupe's, but as a lifetime substance abuser just having any type of crutch was important to me ?? I am embarrassed to say I have been on Suboxone or Subutex for over 10 years.. Currently I am at 16 mg, but have cut back to about 13 mg for 5 days now.. I plan on reviewing the link you sent me and see what I can do.. I am 59 yrs. "young", and have abused something for over 42 yrs.. I promised myself I would be drug free before the inevitable, and this now seems like my last chance.. Thanks again... Nathan

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by ndm1952 View Post
    Good Morning...... Thanks for the response.. I am learning how to "Post", and what exactly a "thread" is !! I have never used my Lap top to communicate in this way.. I have read several stories about people Robert has helped and he is a poster boy for what the program means about giving back.. I have known for years I need to get off the Bupe's, but as a lifetime substance abuser just having any type of crutch was important to me ?? I am embarrassed to say I have been on Suboxone or Subutex for over 10 years.. Currently I am at 16 mg, but have cut back to about 13 mg for 5 days now.. I plan on reviewing the link you sent me and see what I can do.. I am 59 yrs. "young", and have abused something for over 42 yrs.. I promised myself I would be drug free before the inevitable, and this now seems like my last chance.. Thanks again... Nathan

Nathan .... I was almost 50 before I got clean after using 35 years, so we are similar in our histories. If you follow the taper plan in the link that Karen posted above I can help you along as you go. That is the sub plan that I wrote based on my experience doing it. You may need a couple extra days between reductions as long as you've used subs, but the basic plan reducing by 25% at a time will work, it has for years for a ton of people here. God bless.
    ClassiqueMom likes this.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

It is comforting to know others in similar positions.. I have a meeting tonight started by my Dr. specifically for Suboxone patients.. We call it "STARS".. It is a place to talk about recovery without the stigma attached to "maintenance" drug use.. Can't really bring it up in an AA meeting.. Like so many, I am cross addicted to a variety of Drugs, and struggle with Alcoholism.. Being on 16mg for so long I have forgotten what it is like to actually have energy,vitality, and a desire to do the things I once loved to do.. I was in an alcohol detox in 2007 that took me from 16mg to "0" in 7 days.. I was fine until day 11 when all H_LL broke loose.. I spent the next 14 days in acute anxiety, insomnia, and that G_D awful depression all opiate addicts know of.. The treatment facility tried treating me with several anti Psycotic meds such as Depakote, Listeril, Seroquel ( which I still take for sleep), Gabapentin, Welbutrin, and a few others.. I left AMA and went straight to my Dr. for Suboxone.. That experience left me fearful of ever coming off the Bupe's.. It was horrible.. I know you and others that have had similar experiences know 1st hand.. I really use Subutex as an antidepressant.. I lost any cravings for pills long ago.. Trouble was I was drinking 4-5 days per week, lying to my Dr. and taking 16mg.. I had an experience last Dec. where I almost OD'd, and wound up in AA again.. Sober for over 6 months now except for the Subutex.. Anyway, thanks for letting me vent.. It helps.. So I have cut my dose to 12 mg for a few days, will stabilize for a few more, and try and cut down to 10 next week.. After using this crutch for over 10 years I will be battling my "MIND" more than the physical discomfort.. Keep up the wonderful work you do......... Nathan

duran386 is offline Junior Member

Best of luck to you Nathan! Sounds like your back on the right track..
    J

ClassiqueMom is offline Senior Member

hi nathan!

wellll... you've found the right place, to learn how to reduce properly..
    plus! you'll get lots of support here! ..

remember, not to rush this.. 12-16mg is a high dose.. and it will take
    a little while to get to the end..

keep your eye on the prize! .. but only so much as to remember along the way,
    that you are moving in the RIGHT! direction.. day by day.. maybe, hour by hour!..

stay connected here!
    allll my best! and prayers! too!
    Classique MoM
    P - R - A - Y - E - R
    When life gets too hard to stand...KNEEL !

Thanks to all for the encouragement.. I am amazed how many people are in this boat... So much has come out about the nature of Bupenorphine that was withheld early on.. I was one of the first 30 patients my Dr. treated with suboxone way back in 2001.. After 2 rapid detox's, and a Naltrexone implant , I was unable to stay away from those damn Pills... I was so depressed living without opiates I always went back.. Suboxone was a miracle.. Or so I thought.. So NOW everyone knows making the final "jump" from 2 mil. to zero is next to impossible.. Although taking 16mil per day is recommended by the Pharma co., it is way, way, to much, and completely unnecessary.. I am going to see how I do on 8 mil. for the next few days.. I was taking 16 mil. up until 8 days ago and have since dropped to 12 without any discomfort at all.. Excersise, fresh air, and healthy eating are working wonders.. I will check back soon.. Just as this site caught my attention, maybe someone else reads my story and it relates to their situation.. I now see there is hope to get away from this mess I am in.. Thanks again to all who care... Because I also.... Care............

toni.s. is offline Senior Member

hey nathan,
    i just want u to know that there are sooo many others here on this forum who are in the same boat as you..
    i know that u've been on a HIGH dose of subs..for a LONG time..so ur story differs a little there. but as far as the mental aspect of this choice goes..we're all right by ur side..going through this process right along with you. we all have the same fears...we all have the same habits that we have to break..and we all are sick of doing the same things (that don't work) over and over. so just know..that you are among friends!
    we are all on this same forum..all working towards the same goal! i'm so glad to have you with us. and i can't imagine the strength that u must have to have to make this decision..after years of being enabled (as put in your words) a 'crutch' to use instead. i admire your courage for making this decision.
    keep posting! all of us here care..and i for one would love to hear of all of ur updates!
    again, WELCOME!

It's now July 6, 2012 and I have successfully reduced my Subutex dose from 16mg to 8mg in 2 weeks.. I had 1 slip where I took another 8mg late in the day and all I got was nausea and a headache !! Other than that I really have had no physical discomfort yet, but not "doing drugs" everyday is weird.. After being on this for over 10 years I realized it was not necessarily the drug I needed as much as it was the "act of taking the drug".. In my 43 plus years of using one drug or another, I have incorporated this ritual into my lifestyle to such a degree that it is and has been controlling all aspects of my relationships with the one's I love !!!
    So as I continue the reduction process I anticipate stabilizing myself for at least 1 week at 8mg before going to 6mg.. I hope my experience will help others in similar situations, as those who reached out to me, have made this transformation possible........... namaste.........
    ClassiqueMom likes this.