Subutex??
    Chtoas is offline New Member

Default Subutex??

Hi Everyone,

I used to post here over a year ago, back when I was taking Vicodin but, it's been awhile since I've been on here so, here is a little update and a question...

Well, I have been on Subutex for over a year now ( it was a year in May ), 6 months of that time, I was taking suboxone then got switched to subutex. Anyway, my life is back to "normal" again, whatever normal is. I mean, I have a little bit of depression but, that isn't from my addiction, that is from having a stressful life. I have had absolutely no desire to take Vicodin again but, now, I am running into another obsticle. I would like to start to wean off subutex but, I never want to feel the symptoms of withdrawl again in my life, it was the most horrible feeling that I have ever had and I dont want to look back on that. So, my question is...
    Is the withdrawl from Subutex/suboxone bad? Does anyone have a weaning scheduel?
    Most of the time, I take 8mg tabs 4X per day so, on a normal day, I am taking 32mgs per day. Now, there is days that I only take 8mg or 16mg and I am just fine. I can go a very long time without even thinking of taking another pill, which is a good feeling because back when I was taking Vicodin, those pills were on my mind 24/7, I wouldn't leave my house without my bottle and it's a good feeling to not have to do that anymore. I don't plan my life around how many pills I may or may not have anymore.

Now, when I first started taking Subutex, I told my dr. that I didn't want to be on them for the rest of my life and he just said that when I was ready, he would help me wean from them but, I havent had an appointment in a few months so, I haven't gotten to talk to him about weaning yet so, I would just like to get some info from all of you before I go in and talk with him.

The reason I want to start weaning from them is because after over a year of being on them, I still have absolutely no sex drive and it is affecting my marriage plus, I am constipated all the time still.
    I just want to get off pills completely. Don't get me wrong, Subutex has been a life saver for me and I would rather be on these for the rest of my life than to have to go back to Vicodin but, If I can get off these too, I would really like to.

Any info would be appriciated.
    Thank you!!

sisterwin2 is offline Senior Member

Well.... you came to the right place to get the information......

I sugguest if you can take 16mg and it not bother you then stay at that dose for 10 days. If you not comfortable the only drop eight mg ........ since you have been on them for a yrs you have to take it slow. I dont think in the beginning it will have symptoms but only you can say... here is my suggestion

Remembering the half life of the sub is approx 36 or so hours and you want you body to adjust to that.... I dropped every saturday just for the ease and not having to keep up with it all.. but since you have been on for a yr lets be easy on you so you should not feel a thing.

Drop eight mg now for ten days.... no problems (24gm)

Drop another eight for ten days.... this will be16 mg, no problems..

drop another 4mg for ten days....no proble (12mg_)

drop another four mg for ten days.. (8mg)

from here I would only drop by 2mgs at a time and give it ten days for your body to adjust....then go another 2 mg... ONce you get to four mgs,,,, only drop by 1mg at a time.... no problems... get down to 2 mg then only drop by ,5mgs for tens days...

When you at this level is where you might began to feel the drops.. if you drop too fast then just take a "sliver" to feel better. I am a sissy myself and I hear you about not wanting to feel any wd... ME EITHER. This is why I say ten days instead of 4 days... sounds like you have a doc that will write you what you need in mgs and you can do this. No since rushing since you have been on it for a yr. You can be weaned off in the next 3 or 4 months. The trick is to really listen to your body. Try not to let your mind lie to you and it will because we are addicts and use to popping a pill or a shot for any reason... it rained, it didnt rain. My toenail needs trimming whatever... you know what I mean.

When you get down to 4 mgs a day then we can work it out then... Would say good luck but you dont need luck... just need to be consistant.

There will be more folks here to give you all the advice and help you could poss. need..... so just join the crowd.

SIster

sisterwin2 is offline Senior Member

Just FYI>............. my doc started me at 40 mg and it was sooooo uness but he wanted me in his pocket for the next two yrs...... I do rmember him telling me when It was time to wean it would be by 2mg every two weeks..... this would take forever from 40mg and uness. In the beginning you will not even notice the drop. No need to be on such a dose as 32... 10 mg would fill all those MU's just find.

Keep coming back.

SIster

mallazon is offline New Member

Default hi there subutex withdrawal plan.

Hi there i have been on subutex for some time now i started on 10mg and i am now down to 2.8 i get 1 2mg tablet and 2x 400 microgram tablets i have found it much easier to reduce since they have gave me the smaller microgram tablet you can get 200 microgram tablets also. Its so much easier to knock off 200 micrograms rather than 2 mg as you really feel the drop when you reduce a full mg or two.....so i am on 2.8 now and on monday i am going to drop 200micrograms so i am takeing 2.6 then leave it for a week or two before reducing some more, i must say its a bit easier now i am on a lower dose being on the higher dose was naff......i found the most dificult drop was from 6mg down to 4mg i became very unstable but it only lasted a few days so i bit the bullet and toughed it out and it was worth it.....but basilcy i am saying ask the doc if you can have the microgram tablets it is easier to reduce then and less severe.....5x200 micrograms is equil to 1 mg and 10x200 micrograms is equil to a 2mg subutex.....hope this has helped and hope you feel better to.........you do start to feel better on the lower doses so i hope as i reduce i start to feel more normal and i hope i get my sex drive back and i hope my boyfriend gets his back to as i am sure subutex killes it....one thing i cant find out is duz subutex stop your periods like the methadone duz as since i have switched from meth to subbies i still have not had a period.......i am 44 so maybe its the change but it duznt feel like it. If any girls out there on subutex can give me any advice i would be very greatfull.............THANX mallazon

Quote Originally Posted by Chtoas View Post
    Hi Everyone,

I used to post here over a year ago, back when I was taking Vicodin but, it's been awhile since I've been on here so, here is a little update and a question...

Well, I have been on Subutex for over a year now ( it was a year in May ), 6 months of that time, I was taking suboxone then got switched to subutex. Anyway, my life is back to "normal" again, whatever normal is. I mean, I have a little bit of depression but, that isn't from my addiction, that is from having a stressful life. I have had absolutely no desire to take Vicodin again but, now, I am running into another obsticle. I would like to start to wean off subutex but, I never want to feel the symptoms of withdrawl again in my life, it was the most horrible feeling that I have ever had and I dont want to look back on that. So, my question is...
    Is the withdrawl from Subutex/suboxone bad? Does anyone have a weaning scheduel?
    Most of the time, I take 8mg tabs 4X per day so, on a normal day, I am taking 32mgs per day. Now, there is days that I only take 8mg or 16mg and I am just fine. I can go a very long time without even thinking of taking another pill, which is a good feeling because back when I was taking Vicodin, those pills were on my mind 24/7, I wouldn't leave my house without my bottle and it's a good feeling to not have to do that anymore. I don't plan my life around how many pills I may or may not have anymore.

Now, when I first started taking Subutex, I told my dr. that I didn't want to be on them for the rest of my life and he just said that when I was ready, he would help me wean from them but, I havent had an appointment in a few months so, I haven't gotten to talk to him about weaning yet so, I would just like to get some info from all of you before I go in and talk with him.

The reason I want to start weaning from them is because after over a year of being on them, I still have absolutely no sex drive and it is affecting my marriage plus, I am constipated all the time still.
    I just want to get off pills completely. Don't get me wrong, Subutex has been a life saver for me and I would rather be on these for the rest of my life than to have to go back to Vicodin but, If I can get off these too, I would really like to.

Any info would be appriciated.
    Thank you!!

mallazon is offline New Member

Default OMG 40mg

OH MY GOD i thought 32mg was the celing of subutex my doc told me when you get that high it just wont work anymore effectivley , istarted on 10mg and i was wazzed of my skull and spinning round the room like the tazmanian devil so god knows how u must have felt.......from what i have seen most peole settle on abt 10 to 16mg at first then reduce later i am down to 2.8mg now and feel so much better.....i must agree i think the docs want us where they know they can keep an eye on us and i feel like my doc has just replaced my dealer and in fact im more hooked on the legal prescribed drugs than i ever was on the H......anyway take care lots of luck.......Mallazon

Quote Originally Posted by sisterwin2 View Post
    Just FYI>............. my doc started me at 40 mg and it was sooooo uness but he wanted me in his pocket for the next two yrs...... I do rmember him telling me when It was time to wean it would be by 2mg every two weeks..... this would take forever from 40mg and uness. In the beginning you will not even notice the drop. No need to be on such a dose as 32... 10 mg would fill all those MU's just find.

Keep coming back.

SIster

Franluer is offline New Member

Smile looking for help

Hi all:
    I"m recovering from a long addiction on opiates and thanks to subutex and lots of praying to god i have been able to stay clean for 9 months now and life is great again. i am currently going to an outpatient detox center and they started me with 8mg per day. i am now down to 4mg daily and may be at this point for some time to come. i do not have no insurance and its costing me a fortune to get my medication each week, between the $150 office visit, $25 urine test and my pills i really cant afford any longer and i will have to stop going there and that scares me.

My question is, does anyone have any info on any doctors that can allow me to get my meds monthly, or any info on where i can go to obtain this information?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated THANKS

SABIAN23 is offline New Member

Wink

Wow, you are getting your subs weekly?? And paying 150 a week, and 25 for a urnine test, weekly???? That is flat out highway robbery, and it sounds like your doc is in this thing for purely profit. I feel sorry for you, for someone in treatment, it is good to test weekly and keep tabs on things, but if you are steady in your recovery, that is wrong. What area are you in???? My doctor only costs me 75 dollars per visit, and if i pay in full in get 10% off, and he talks to me, asks me how things are, i dont even pay for my urine test, and he writes me my script, with three refills, so i leave there with four months of medication for around 68 dollars. Granted i do not have insurance either, so i pay for that, but it sounds to me like you are getting robbed. There are docs out there who care and arent in it for the money. You should look around, that sounds so rediculous. Just thought i would let you know..

Carole1965 is offline New Member

Thumbs up to Franluer

Hi, I do not know what state you are in, but I live in New york, and I am on buprenorphine the generic of subutex. I feel you with all the money that you are paying out for your weekly visits. Fortunately I have found a private psychiatrist who sees me on a monthly basis. His fee is 125.00 drug screening's are included, and thankfully I have insurance that pays for my medication. All I can tell you is to check some private psychiatrists and see if they can prescribe it for you. I hope this was helpful, much luck to you. I myself am planning on weaning off of 24 mg. very soon.

UOTE=Franluer;259177]Hi all:
    I"m recovering from a long addiction on opiates and thanks to subutex and lots of praying to god i have been able to stay clean for 9 months now and life is great again. i am currently going to an outpatient detox center and they started me with 8mg per day. i am now down to 4mg daily and may be at this point for some time to come. i do not have no insurance and its costing me a fortune to get my medication each week, between the $150 office visit, $25 urine test and my pills i really cant afford any longer and i will have to stop going there and that scares me.

My question is, does anyone have any info on any doctors that can allow me to get my meds monthly, or any info on where i can go to obtain this information?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated THANKS [/QUOTE]