Suboxone Withdrawal
    eastcoastsunshine is offline New Member

Default Suboxone Withdrawal

I'm new to this web site.

I am as many of you a past user of percs, vicadin and do suffer on occasion of panick attacks. I used to take quite a bit of Xanax for that but seem to have learned how to deal with the pannick attacks over the years and don't need them anymore.

I suffer from arthritis and fibromyalsia like alot of people who have ended up in the same disfunctional world as myself.

Went to rehab, I have been taking suboxone for over a year now and had been on and off of it in the past.

I have tried to ween myself off and I don't know if its something else or if it is the typical withdrawel. I'm down to a very low dose per day. But if I stop taking it, about four days later I run into all kinds of problems.

I can't stop urinating for one, and of course experience the normal running to the bathroom, stomach cramps. Went to the doctor and they said initially that I had some sort of a UTI infection. Gave me Leviquin, didn't knock it out so today they gave me Cipro. I had them run blood work a few weeks ago because I'm so incredibly weak.

I can't sleep of course, and I don't want to take the Ambian I have for fear of it ragging me out even more in the morning. I have no pep in my step. I'm taking vitamins, can't eat though.

When am I going to feel better. I thought this stuff was only supposed to last a few days. I am so frustrated being so weak. I want to stop taking the meds but withdrawel is so long and painful.

Are there any shortcuts? Is there anything I can eat, drink or do to give me some strength? If I just had some strength I could handle everything else, but I can't function.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

ishepherdu is offline Junior Member

Default Talk with your doctor

Talk with your doctor

Consider methadone treatments

Ambien is good medicine, I take it and I am not groggy in the morning.

Drink alot of orange juice and get some exercise, Try walking twice a week and get some cold fresh air in your lungs.

Your withdrawals will be less intense, if you committ to methadone, ambien and drink alot of healthy juices and get some exercise.

I think this advice will help you, before long you will have the strength to quit suboxne.

vduda is offline Member

East,

Your experiencing opiate withdrawals. Many people don't realize that 1mg of suboxone equals about 10 mg of morphine. It is an agonist opiate. Sure in the beginning it works great for the cravings because it rips the other opiates off the receptors and attaches to them. It is meant to be a tappering med. Try tappering slowly and the withdrawals won't be so bad.
    I wouldn't turn to methadone. Talk about long withdrawal syndrome. It can take literally months to kick Methadone. Believe me I know. You been on suboxone for some time. What is your daily dosage? It is suppose to make getting off the legal smack easier. But many times what happens is that people replace this opiate for another. I been clean from opiates for over 5 months. Went through hell. Thought I was going to die. Kicked a 3,500 mg a day habit of everykind of opiate prescribled med. Was on it for ten years. Took twice through rehab, but so far so good. At the same time stopped taking Xanax (40 to 50 mg a day dependancy for ten years). I stayed off the benzos for 4 and half months. Bedridden for the first month. Over 120 seizures. Up to three to four weeks ago I still was sick as a dog. Doctor put me back on a longer acting benzo (very small dose 2 mg of Valium before bed time). Most of the physical ailments ceased like seizures, muscle cramping, diarhhea, shacking, nausea, major insomnia and so on. I have an Anxiety Disorder so I still have panic attacks and sweating. I take .25 mg of Xanax when I feel an attack coming on. That small dose controls it. Crave the opiates, but not the benzos. Quality of life issue, not to mention medical. Look up threads and replies for more details. I would say that a benzo would help, but I'm guessing you don't want to open that pandora's box. Don't blame you. Compared to the first time I went through Detox and was kept on the benzos because of my Anxiety and Seizure problem I bounced back in about a month from the opiate withdrawals. But it was hell a that time to. I know what you mean by a weakened state. It sucks, but it will get better. Working out helps when your feeling a little better. Keep the Immodium near by along with a lot of toilet paper. Drink lots of electrolytes. Move around as much as you can. Keep your mind busy if your body is not cooperating. Whatever keeps you moving forward.

As for the Ambien I personally will never take that again. Had horrible side effects. Zombie syndrome the next day. It is a Hypnotic Sedative. Causes amnesia plus my hands, feet and tongue swelled. I took it for a week. The last night I took it I was roaming the neighborhood in my boxers at two in the morning. Luckily, my mother was visiting me and found me in a stupor. I don't remember a thing. And I would stay away from the antipsychotics like Seraquel. They turn you into a zombie. Same goes for the Antidepressant (tricyclic, SSRI, SNRI, and so on). Doctors throw all these meds at you like its nothing. Most of the time the side effects are worse than the junk your trying to kick to the curb. If its any consellation it will get better. Your stregth will return in about a month. You just have to go through fire to be cleansed. L-Trptophan works great for sleep. So does valirian tea (I'm sure there are a few spelling mistakes, but I'm in a hurry). Hope this helped. God Bless

Thank you for your response.

I'm doing my best to hang in here and get through this.

I realize with withdrawel there is alot of stomach cramping and diarrea. I haven't had much diarrea, my problem is the constant trips to the bathroom to urinate.

I went to the doctor, said I had a UTI, no big surprise, have had those on and off forever, but this one is different, the constant throbbing isn't there.

I went back to the doctor after taking Lequin and they check my urine on the spot. Said it the infection appeared to be gone. Then sent it to the lab. It keeps coming back normal.

I have to ask, is frequent urinating a side effect of withdrawel too? Does anyone know? I'm starting to worry that maybe I have diabetes or something as my grandmother did have it. Just called the doctor again to inquire, they are supposed to call me back.

Just wondering if frequent urination is a typical side effect....if anyone knows it would be a great relief of confirmation.

thanks so much for your responses and sharing your histories and advice with me in an effort of beating this illness.

vduda is offline Member

From my experiences and all the people I know who have gone through opiate withdrawals frequent urination never seemed to be one of the symptoms. It seems prudent to get your blood tested for diabetes, especially since it runs in your family. But I think diabetes has more to do with life style and diet. Well I guess it depends on what kind of diabetes you have. I am not an expert on this subject. Hope all goes well. God Bless.

Vduda,

Thanks so much for getting back to me. Yes, I will go Monday and to for them to test my sugar. I have to be careful, while pregnant with my kids years ago I did have gestational diabetes. So I guess you can't be too safe.

I have been taking alot of vitamins - B12, Iron and additional vitatim energy pack, hasn't helped, but just by a long shot, would that have anything to do with the frequent urinating? Do vitamins make you pee alot?

Hate to keep harping on this, its just that it is Friday and I'm going to have to go all weekend until I see the doctor, which will cause anxieties for me, anyone who suffers from anxieties knows how things like this can trigger your emotions and well being.

thanks.

Margief60 is offline New Member

Default Frequetn urination

Quote Originally Posted by eastcoastsunshine View Post
    Thank you for your response.

I'm doing my best to hang in here and get through this.

I realize with withdrawel there is alot of stomach cramping and diarrea. I haven't had much diarrea, my problem is the constant trips to the bathroom to urinate.

I went to the doctor, said I had a UTI, no big surprise, have had those on and off forever, but this one is different, the constant throbbing isn't there.

I went back to the doctor after taking Lequin and they check my urine on the spot. Said it the infection appeared to be gone. Then sent it to the lab. It keeps coming back normal.

I have to ask, is frequent urinating a side effect of withdrawel too? Does anyone know? I'm starting to worry that maybe I have diabetes or something as my grandmother did have it. Just called the doctor again to inquire, they are supposed to call me back.

Just wondering if frequent urination is a typical side effect....if anyone knows it would be a great relief of confirmation.

thanks so much for your responses and sharing your histories and advice with me in an effort of beating this illness.
    Frequent urination is a classic DETOX symptom. It means your body is detoxing too quickly.

Has anyone tried www.labelmesane.com

They speciallize in getting off prescription meds. Try it. They are wonderful.

Thank you for your reply, I feel a little better just knowing that frequent urination is a typical part of withdrawel.

By the way, I looked into that website, would something like that be helpful to people weening off of suboxone or is it just for those other drugs listed. I didn't see anything about suboxne.

Thanks for sharing.

vduda is offline Member

Hey east,

Hope everything is well with you. I guess everyone reacts differently to detox. Like I said I never had a urinating problem or others I know who have detoxed. That is not to say it can't happen. Now if you want to talk about diarrhea. Who wants to talk about diarrhea? You know what I mean. I think you should still follow up with your doctor. There may be something else going on.

Margie what do you base your info on? Like I said I have never experienced or anyone I know experience frequent urination as a detox symptom. And I know a lot of people who has gone through detox. No one ever said in an NA meeting that they sure hated those frequent urination episodes when going through withdrawals. Just seems strange to me. God Bless

jfsu71 is offline New Member

.....In case you 4got people that go to NA generally have a problem with being honest with themselves (DENIAL....ever heard of it?)....Frequent urination is a very common detox side effect nitwit....the reason why you never hear people talking about it in an NA meeting is because we are susposed to share about our experience, strength and hope.....Not our detox symptoms.....that's for after the meetings!!!!!......

jc1974 is offline New Member

Smile Frequent urination and detox

I have been tapering off methadone for some time and I too thought I had a UTI. I had the urge to urinate very frequently, but not until nighttime. I felt the urge to go but didn't have to. It's maddening. It took me forever to realize that it wasn't until my daily dose began to wear off that the urge became more frequent, and by early morning around 4 AM I couldn't sleep longer than 15 minutes. When I take my dose, the symptoms are gone. I never had these symptoms when detoxing from >>>>>>, so it's obviously different for everyone and everything. If you've been to the doctor and all is well, then I think the detox is the issue. I'm down to 20 mg and counting. Good luck to us both Also, I've realized that my detox symptoms increase around my period, after which I can come down 2-4 mg with little difficulty. Our bodies are curious things aren't they?

lolly928 is offline New Member

Im soo sorry to here about what you are going through because I have been through it. Not from suboxone but opiates and methadone. I have back problem so that is how my journey down this path of addiction started. Someone replied to you saying to try methadone to get through your living hell but you have to do it a certain way or you will just be trading one drug for another, and like another person said you think suboxone withdrawals are bad, methadone is about the worst withdrawals you can have. So if you do try the methadone to get off the other you have to do it fast because if you stay on methadone for longer than 3-5 weeks you will be addicted to it. Everyones different but it takes no time to get to get addicted to but soo long too get off of. But in my opinion methadone is great to get people off of >>>>>>, K-4s, just about anything but if you really are trying to get clean from everything than you dont want to stay on methadone too long. The way I did it was when I stopped taking tabs I started the methadone I only get up to 30 mgs and went down 5 mgs everyweek until I was down to 10mgs then I did it a little slower until I just totally quit and you will still have withdrawals but not as bad as people that have been on it for a long time. If I would have known then what I know now I would have just stuck with the tabs and went through withdrawals from them because compared to methadone withdrawals opiate withdrawals are a piece of cake. But methadone was cheaper because I didnt have to take as many so thats why I switched. But with having a bad back I will always have to have something for pain but anyways Ill quit blabbing but I just wanted to let you know that if you have already gone through some of the withdrawals from the suboxone if you can just tough it out you would be so much better off. I think the part that makes methadone so hard to get off of is because it gets inside your bones and it takes alot longer for it to get out of your system. So good luck to you and the Lord will take you in the path that is right for you. I wish you the best and let me know how everything goes.

Laura

sim05080 is offline New Member

I was on suboxone fot about 6 months. I decided I didn't want to rely on something to function everyday. it's been 6 days since ive stopped taking it and the withdraws feel worse than detoxing off of roxys. Something I felt was helpful was smoking pot. It helped me to sleep and eat becausr after a couple days I lost 6 pounds. So my suggestion would be to smoke weed. Good luck!