Suboxone- Why Do I Get So Irritated?
    benyitz3 is offline New Member

Default Suboxone- Why Do I Get So Irritated?

I started using Suboxone yesterday. Previously I used, but only on weekend albeit in heavy doses.

A few hours after taking suboxone, I became severly irritated and confrontational with the smallest things.

Cursing in traffic, getting into petty fights with my wife, and just generally being tempramental.

Is this a known side effect? Did I take to little of the drug? Did I take to much?

Any and all suggestions, explanations, or help would be much appreciated.

AmyBreeze is offline Member

quote:Originally posted by benyitz3

I started using Suboxone yesterday. Previously I used, but only on weekend albeit in heavy doses.

A few hours after taking suboxone, I became severly irritated and confrontational with the smallest things.

Cursing in traffic, getting into petty fights with my wife, and just generally being tempramental.

Is this a known side effect? Did I take to little of the drug? Did I take to much?

Beny, I've been on Suboxone since Tuesday evening. I have not really been moody. In fact, hubby says it's a huge change for the better. But for some reason today is tough. VERY emotional today. Doctor called to check on me and said to keep the suboxone mgs the same but up the clonodine some. However, that makes me so sleepy, it'll have to wait until after work. He said this weekend will be tough so and for me to be prepared. it's been since Tuesday morning since I had my last vicodin so I guess it's time for the bad wd's to kick in. Also, he said beware of HALT, (HUNGRY, ALONE, LONELY, TIRED). He said that is when the cravings try to really sneak in and for me to be prepared. Wish I could help more Beny. Good luck to you.

Amy

mpvt is offline Platinum Member

If your only a weekend user then suboxone isn't going to help much.Suboxone(buprenorphene) is for moderate to heavy opiate abuse.You just need to stay away from the weekend benders that's all.....Dave

benyitz3 is offline New Member

I haven't been able to cut out my weekendend blenders for 5-6 years now. I was advised by this Doctor I went to see {off the Suboxone site} that Suboxne would help me and that it was worth it.

My reactions to Suboxone: Tired, angry, irritable, unable to focus concentrate, feel like I have a cloud over me.

I started on Thursdaya. I take 10MG daily. Should I get off? Is it possible I'm getting some weird high instead of detoxing?

I feel like a heavier user now, then when I was the perks.

On a intresting note, the suboxone has helped me not smoke pot since thursday.

What are your suggestions?

should I stop the Suboxone? lower my dose? higher my dose?

Please help.

Try lowering the dose, 10mgs is pretty high for your useage.I would try between 4-6mgs.Suboxone is funny that way,less is more for some reason.It has a ceiling effect to so it makes it impossible to OD (almost impossible).I bet you the lower dose will make you feel better.You must remember that buprenorphene(suboxone,subutex) is 40 times stronger than morphine so your taking a pretty strong drug....Dave

quote:Originally posted by mpvt

Try lowering the dose, 10mgs is pretty high for your useage.I would try between 4-6mgs.Suboxone is funny that way,less is more for some reason.It has a ceiling effect to so it makes it impossible to OD (almost impossible).I bet you the lower dose will make you feel better.You must remember that buprenorphene(suboxone,subutex) is 40 times stronger than morphine so your taking a pretty strong drug....Dave
    I'm going to have to talk to my docotor about my dose. I take 2MG 4x's a day. Also on clonodine. I stay so tired though, so tired and feel more of a buzz now than when I was on the pills. The doctor said I could increase the clonidine if I feel the sub is not working with the withdrawls, but I'm scared it'll make me even more sleepy at work and I can't have that. I'll lose my job. But I have to figure out what is what. Tomorrow I am going to try to not take ANYTHING until after work or at least until 3 hours before work is over and see how that is. I think it's the clonodine because I don't take it at all until bedtime and sleep like a baby, but I'm still tired during the day, maybe it's lingering over. Lord, I don't know. I have to figure it out. The KEY thing though is I have not had a pill since 9:30 Tuesday morning! (Cotboer 24th)

Have a great night all.

Amy

I don't understand why your doctor would order it 4 times a day.The half life of suboxone is 36-72 hrs so it only needs to be taken once a day and some people get away with taking it every other day.Your definetly overdosed.I would try 4-6 mgs and no more for 3-4 days and see how you are.Your dealing with a powerful narcotic here, 40times stronger than morphine so take it easy on it....Good luck....Dave

I don't understand why your doctor would order it 4 times a day.The half life of suboxone is 36-72 hrs so it only needs to be taken once a day and some people get away with taking it every other day.Your definetly overdosed.I would try 4-6 mgs and no more for 3-4 days and see how you are.Your dealing with a powerful narcotic here, 40times stronger than morphine so take it easy on it....Good luck....Dave
    Maybe I am taking too much. I worry i am taking too little. i get so irratted too and so on edge. i feel more spaced out than when I was taking vikes.

Amy

skipper2 is offline New Member

That dosage is insane ,!!I was using 500-600 mgs of hydrocodone a day and 1 8mgs stopsing as i called them was all i needed, Don' tlet these docs keep you on this any longer that needed,You played now you pay,It,your withdrawl is just done over monthes Not days or weeks.I can honestly the fist morn waking up and not having to wonder how to survive the day,and don't get me wrong i am by no means poor.It was the shame,I knew,Not the world,ME I worked down to .5mgs yes.5 1/4 of a 2mgs,No side effects,I acually think I felt batter 24hrs later than when I was high,Been over a year,piece of cake when you realize,how f''' things get sooo fast but yet sooo slow,Be well

toolagram is offline New Member

Ive taken many pills recreationally. and thats how i got hooked. I started at very low doese never tkaing more then 2 tabs a day. this is becuase i knew how bad a habit and how addicting it could be. for over a year i was fine. then just this summer it started getting bad. if i didnt have something i would start feening out. and i needed to have something. with the way the economy is and how much money i make. i was almost always broke becuase of this habbit. i would buy vic, tabs, oxy, i even tried >>>>>>. whatever i needed to stop this pain. which to this day i dont know what kind of pain it is. real pain or phantom pain. then a friend of mine offered suboxone to me. which ive been buying off her for relativly cheap becuase im tring to stop and fight the withdrawls. and she wants to help me. im talking bad withdrawls. I have trouble sleeping, aches allover my body, extremly irritable. Im wondering if ill ever be able to stop taking pills ever. Im wondering if its helping or not. cuase as soon as there is a day i dont have it, this starts to happpen. one of the problems im having also is in sex. i have a hard time getting it up and orgasiming. and my finace thinks its her. I dont know what to do anymore. i just want to feel normal again. anyone have an advise? please help me out.

2manycats is offline Junior Member

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by toolagram View Post
    then a friend of mine offered suboxone to me. which ive been buying off her for relativly cheap becuase im tring to stop and fight the withdrawls. and she wants to help me. im talking bad withdrawls. I have trouble sleeping, aches allover my body, extremly irritable. Im wondering if ill ever be able to stop taking pills ever. Im wondering if its helping or not. cuase as soon as there is a day i dont have it, this starts to happpen.
    Hi & welcome to the forum!
    My first thought is that you really haven't given suboxone a fair chance - from what I read, you are buying the sub from a well-meaning friend, but you aren't consistently taking it?

This is just my opinion, but if I would advise going to a doctor and getting your own RX for it. At least that way you know how many pills you have, and you can plan a steady program for yourself.

The suboxone builds up in your system, so if you aren't taking it every day, you will not feel leveled out - and you will still be feeling withdrawal symptoms from the pills.

I hope I'm making sense.

Robert will be back tomorrow & he would be a great person to speak with about suboxone - he has helped me so much in the past 2 weeks.

Hang in there!
    Jess

Jess,
    Thanks for the info. I guess getting my own script would be the best thing to do. The problem im having is i dont have insurance and im not sure if i would be able to offord it. I think alot of ppl have this problem. I hope with the election coming up, that things will change. Ill look into this further more and try to get help. thank you very much.

2manycats is offline Junior Member

Smile

Jess,
    Thanks for the info. I guess getting my own script would be the best thing to do. The problem im having is i dont have insurance and im not sure if i would be able to offord it. I think alot of ppl have this problem. I hope with the election coming up, that things will change. Ill look into this further more and try to get help. thank you very much.
    I totally understand about $$ and insurance costs - believe me!

I just want you to have the best possible chance for recovery instead of worrying about whether or not you have enough pills, if your friend will give you more, etc.

Fortunately I'd saved my suboxone bottle - I just couldn't throw it away last year. But, I am counting what suboxone "chips" I have left for my own taper & I'm keeping my fingers crossed I have enough. So, if you can avoid that unnecessary stress, try to do so!

I'm proud of you for making the decision to get clean. You have taken a huge step & now you just have to keep going in the right direction.

Please stay in touch ok?

Take care,
    Jess

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Ive taken many pills recreationally. and thats how i got hooked. I started at very low doese never tkaing more then 2 tabs a day. this is becuase i knew how bad a habit and how addicting it could be. for over a year i was fine. then just this summer it started getting bad. if i didnt have something i would start feening out. and i needed to have something. with the way the economy is and how much money i make. i was almost always broke becuase of this habbit. i would buy vic, tabs, oxy, i even tried >>>>>>. whatever i needed to stop this pain. which to this day i dont know what kind of pain it is. real pain or phantom pain. then a friend of mine offered suboxone to me. which ive been buying off her for relativly cheap becuase im tring to stop and fight the withdrawls. and she wants to help me. im talking bad withdrawls. I have trouble sleeping, aches allover my body, extremly irritable. Im wondering if ill ever be able to stop taking pills ever. Im wondering if its helping or not. cuase as soon as there is a day i dont have it, this starts to happpen. one of the problems im having also is in sex. i have a hard time getting it up and orgasiming. and my finace thinks its her. I dont know what to do anymore. i just want to feel normal again. anyone have an advise? please help me out.

If you are going to use suboxone you need to be on a regular regimen and you need an adequate supply so you can take it properly. I can help you with putting a plan together and I promise this will work if you do it properly. But you have got to do this the right way. Let me know if I can help you. Been out of town this weekend but I am here every day. Will look for your next post. God bless.

I could really use a planned procedure. Im not sure what to do, say. I havent had anything since saturday. Im begining to ache in my body and I dont feel like doing anything. Including going to work. which im not ><. I thought about calling a friend for tabs or oxy. I really dont want to but the pain im having is intense and getting worse. I had a very difficult time sleeping last night. I was very uneasy. Please help me.

I could really use a planned procedure. Im not sure what to do, say. I havent had anything since saturday. Im begining to ache in my body and I dont feel like doing anything. Including going to work. which im not ><. I thought about calling a friend for tabs or oxy. I really dont want to but the pain im having is intense and getting worse. I had a very difficult time sleeping last night. I was very uneasy. Please help me.

So are you stopping the suboxone and going back to the oxy or what is it you are wanting to do? You have to make the commitment first that you are going to stick this out and get clean or the suboxone will only be a short term fix. You have to change yourself too, suboxone isn't a miracle. It just stops the w/d symptoms so you can get better without being sick. But you have to decide that the lortabs and oxy and whatever else someone is selling at the time are off limits for you. You make that decision and then I can help you with the suboxone.

Making a plan for using the suboxone is the easy part. Do you have any or have access to the suboxone? You are just in w/d right now and it will be bad for several days if you go ahead and just stop cold. There are several ways to clean up. You tell me how you want to do this and then I can give you some ideas and suggestions. God bless.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert_325 View Post
    So are you stopping the suboxone and going back to the oxy or what is it you are wanting to do? You have to make the commitment first that you are going to stick this out and get clean or the suboxone will only be a short term fix. You have to change yourself too, suboxone isn't a miracle. It just stops the w/d symptoms so you can get better without being sick. But you have to decide that the lortabs and oxy and whatever else someone is selling at the time are off limits for you. You make that decision and then I can help you with the suboxone.

Making a plan for using the suboxone is the easy part. Do you have any or have access to the suboxone? You are just in w/d right now and it will be bad for several days if you go ahead and just stop cold. There are several ways to clean up. You tell me how you want to do this and then I can give you some ideas and suggestions. God bless.
    I wanna quit. Im not calling for anything else. ive been on the phone all morning tring to find a doctor to take me. It seems everyone out there has the same problem. I found out that its 250$ to start the program. and like 70$ a visit. thats ridiculous. i dont have that kind of money. Im about give up. No body is taking new patients. ive called 10 offices.

Default toolagram

Have you been to www.suboxone.com yet? You can enter your zip code and all drs in your area will be listed who prescribe suboxone. You have to realize though that this will cost money to see the dr. If you don't have insurance it can be expensive. How are you finding the drs who you have called?

WDDoc is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by benyitz3 View Post

it may be the narcan, try subutex w/o the narcan-also a plus if you get maimed the ER docs don't have to worry about breaking through the narcan to administer pain meds

Quote Originally Posted by WDDoc View Post
    it may be the narcan, try subutex w/o the narcan-also a plus if you get maimed the ER docs don't have to worry about breaking through the narcan to administer pain meds

In case you didn't notice that post you are replying to is 2 years old. I doubt the person will be reading this forum considering they don't still post.

Also the naloxone that is in suboxone ONLY affects those who inject the medication. It has absolutely NOTHING to do with opiates being effective in the event of injury. Buprenorphine affects the opiates we take while on suboxone NOT the naloxone. Subutex and Suboxone are both buprenorphine and suboxone has the naloxone added for IV drug users. God bless.

phillipkimcevie is offline New Member

Default I hope this help

benyitz3

i am a new user of this drug.com so i hope i do this wright. i also hope you all can read my spelling. i am Dyslexia.
    OK i have been on Suboxne for a year. i love it. i have control of my life again its great. i believe that you should not be taking this. it is for heave users. i believe that if you take this it would be harder on you than if you just stop using it on weekend. you do get some what addicted to suboxne. your body does that is. it is great for opiate withdraws but if you are only using on weekend you aren't going threw physical withdraws you are going threw menial wd. so i hope this helps.
    Last edited by phillipkimcevie; 06-02-2009 at 01:57 PM.

DaveSmith is offline Junior Member

Robert, is seems you have a lot of expertise on the Subs. I am taking around 20 5mg oxycodones a day for a year and a half. I had two back surgerys and still a lot of pain but I dealt with the pain for years and I can deal with it again if I can get off oxy. I tried tapering but cant manage it. I want to try suboxone so here is my question. If i do it, normally how long would I have to be on it to get clean. 1 -2 weeks, shorter time or much longer? I hear so many different times but I figured you would know best

Dave ...for what it's worth I think the kratom is a TOTAL mistake for what you're trying to do. That's just me. Here is the link that explains how I suggest using suboxone. It usually lasts about 6-8 weeks doing it the right way. Read the link and I'll be online tomorrow. I'm crashing for the night. God bless.

http://www.drugs.com/forum/featured-...apy-50887.html
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

ec8503 is offline New Member

Default Help Please!

i've been taking vicodin for about 4 years, but it only got up to the point where i was using every single day in the past year- and the most i've ever taken is about 5 750s a day...
    i recently went to a doctor and he put me on suboxone, i've been taking them for about 4 days now, but i've read all of these posts about how bad the w/d's are from it and i want to get off NOW, because i know that i'm strong enough to do the taper down/ thomas remedy for getting off of the vicodin - and i want to know could i just stop the suboxone cold turkey? if i do should i start back up with about 2 vics a day then taper down over the next week or so?
    i want to get off the subs ASAP , i dont like what i've read about them...any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by ec8503 View Post
    i've been taking vicodin for about 4 years, but it only got up to the point where i was using every single day in the past year- and the most i've ever taken is about 5 750s a day...
    i recently went to a doctor and he put me on suboxone, i've been taking them for about 4 days now, but i've read all of these posts about how bad the w/d's are from it and i want to get off NOW, because i know that i'm strong enough to do the taper down/ thomas remedy for getting off of the vicodin - and i want to know could i just stop the suboxone cold turkey? if i do should i start back up with about 2 vics a day then taper down over the next week or so?
    i want to get off the subs ASAP , i dont like what i've read about them...any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

Yes you could just jump off the subs now but remember you've been using RX opiates for four years. After just four days on the subs you'll go right into severe opiate w/d. I personally see nothing wrong with doing that though if you're resigned to stopping really quickly. You just need some help softening the blow a little.

The best choice for you would probably be the Thomas Recipe for cold turkey opiate detox. I promise it's a proven method for reducing your w/d symptoms. It works especially well for RX pain killers.

You follow the Thomas Recipe to the letter, continue to post here and you'll get all kinds of support. Here is the link. Enjoy the reading and its ingredients. Get them all if you can it's very important. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.