Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 188
Like Tree5Likes
suboxone short term
  1. #1
    rnewton8 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    96

    Default suboxone short term

    I have 5 1/2 8mg suboxone. I have about a two bag a day habit of >>>>>> or sometimes I do about 8 or so of the 30mg roxi's. The H hasnt been that strong lately. I have two questions? Could I possibly get by using the 5 subs to detox with. I dont have any sleep meds and im sure ill still feel like ******************** with only 5 subs to detox with but it is better than nothing and its what i have. Hopefully, I will be able to still go to work and sleep alittle. I am going to wait till I am in full blown withdrawal before i take one.
    And how bad of a habit would that be considered?

  2. #2
    Robert_325 is offline Retired
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    16,689

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rnewton8 View Post
    I have 5 1/2 8mg suboxone. I have about a two bag a day habit of >>>>>> or sometimes I do about 8 or so of the 30mg roxi's. The H hasnt been that strong lately. I have two questions? Could I possibly get by using the 5 subs to detox with. I dont have any sleep meds and im sure ill still feel like ******************** with only 5 subs to detox with but it is better than nothing and its what i have. Hopefully, I will be able to still go to work and sleep alittle. I am going to wait till I am in full blown withdrawal before i take one.
    And how bad of a habit would that be considered?


    I went this same route with sub when I detoxed the final time. It works if you do it properly. I can almost promise you that 5 1/2 pills is not going to get you through a detox from >>>>>>. Sounds like you picked up the suboxone on the street. Wrong way to do this if that is the case. You need to get to a suboxone dr who knows what they are doing. Then you can do this properly. It costs money, but you are pi$$ing off your money on >>>>>> anyway so why not spend it on the dr and do this the right way? People who go on suboxone like you are describing, trying to self-medicate, well this is the origin of many of the suboxone horror stories we hear about. Addicts think they can self-medicate and do this without any help and they most always end up blowing it. Hope you decide to do this properly. Get the meds you need from the dr then I can give you some good suggestions how to use the suboxone short term and also be successful getting off the opiates. Good luck.

  3. #3
    rnewton8 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    96

    Default

    I did get them from the dr. I am prescribed 75 a month and the dr has me on a maintenance dose of 24 mg per day. The problem is that i dont take the pills. instead i sell them and do >>>>>> instead. And now my insurance has ran out so i cant really afford a big script of suboxone. Most of the dr's around here are not advocates of a 7 to 14 withdrawal protocol using suboxone taper. They prefer to keep us on it for extended periods and that is not what i want. I do agree with you though, i do need to see my dr. but i dont have the funds to see the dr or to fill the script. so i am left with the following option:

    day 1 be in extreme withdrawal and take 8mg sub
    day 2 take 8mg sub
    day 3 take 6mg
    day 4 take 4mg
    day 5 take 4mg
    day 6 take 2mg
    day 7 take 2mg

    or something similiar to that. I know i dont have quite enough for a 7 day taper but i am close and i am willing to experience some withdrawal. I dont care if I am totally comfortable. I am not in the position. Thanks for the input, more would be appreciated.

  4. #4
    Robert_325 is offline Retired
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    16,689

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rnewton8 View Post
    I did get them from the dr. I am prescribed 75 a month and the dr has me on a maintenance dose of 24 mg per day. The problem is that i dont take the pills. instead i sell them and do >>>>>> instead. And now my insurance has ran out so i cant really afford a big script of suboxone. Most of the dr's around here are not advocates of a 7 to 14 withdrawal protocol using suboxone taper. They prefer to keep us on it for extended periods and that is not what i want. I do agree with you though, i do need to see my dr. but i dont have the funds to see the dr or to fill the script. so i am left with the following option:

    day 1 be in extreme withdrawal and take 8mg sub
    day 2 take 8mg sub
    day 3 take 6mg
    day 4 take 4mg
    day 5 take 4mg
    day 6 take 2mg
    day 7 take 2mg

    or something similiar to that. I know i dont have quite enough for a 7 day taper but i am close and i am willing to experience some withdrawal. I dont care if I am totally comfortable. I am not in the position. Thanks for the input, more would be appreciated.


    I am not trying to be negative just realistic. First a 24mg dose is too high. Promise you I am right. To hell with the drs who are playing guessing games with this. Most of them don't really know what they are doing with the suboxone. They haven't worked with it long enough yet. My suggestions come from first hand experience actually doing this. Drs put patients on this high dose for money reasons I think lots of the time. Lots of them are making a fortune off our problem. And some are doing this exactly right. It takes all kinds of people to make up all the drs.

    Bottom line is you have just a handful of suboxone and you have to make the most of it. And it's harder to detox off a large dose like 24mg than it is to detox off say 8mg like I suggest for people to take. I abused opiates for decades and all I needed was 8mg total. And I did the sub for six weeks total including the time I spent tapering off it.

    Theoretically your schedule for the remaining suboxone makes sense. But dropping from 24mg to stopping in less than a week will be horrific. What I would do is put off that first dose as long as you possibly can. You are going to have w/d with only a few subs. So deal with as much of it right at first as you can. If you wait and deal with it all at the end it will be more likely you will relapse. Trust me on this. I would try to put that first dose off for as close to a week as possible. Then the remaining suboxone will go lots further as you will be past the very worst of your w/d symptoms. That is your best bet for surviving this detox without relapsing. You will need to taper beyond 2mg like you suggest. I say you will need to taper down to .5mg. So you will need the subs more at the end of this than at the beginning. Again ... just trust me. I know what I am saying is right.

    I can give you some suggestions as you progress through this. I can't emphasize enough to put off that first dose till you can't stand it anymore. AND PUSH YOURSELF!!! Then you can start on a realistic taper. Doing this the way I am suggesting will enable you to get a lot of the sub out of your system. At 24mg the first thing you need to do is lower that amount of suboxone in your system. A week will help you a lot! Shoot for that first. Then we can start on the taper. We can customize it after you see how long you can make it with no sub at all. Stay in touch. I am on here every day off and on. Good luck.
    Last edited by Robert_325; 07-08-2008 at 06:11 PM.

  5. #5
    rnewton8 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    96

    Default

    Robert,
    Im not on the subs. Ive beeen doing H and oxy's instead. Just a few bags a day lately. So thats what ill be detoxing off of.

  6. #6
    Robert_325 is offline Retired
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    16,689

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rnewton8 View Post
    Robert,
    Im not on the subs. Ive beeen doing H and oxy's instead. Just a few bags a day lately. So thats what ill be detoxing off of.

    I understood you to say you were on 24mg a day. Not being on them now will make this a little easier. I would still put it off a little longer up front, give it a 3-4 days if you can. Just saying that any days you can get by with taking none initially is another day that you will have meds as you get into this. At the end is where they are really good to have. After the 3-4 days I would probably change the taper schedule up a little. Something like ....

    day 1 8mg
    day 2 8mg
    day 3 6mg
    day 4 6mg
    day 5 4mg
    day 6 4mg
    day 7 2mg
    day 8 2mg
    day 9 2mg

    Doing it like this following 3-4 days in w/d, you would be getting the largest dose of 8mg while you were in the worst part of your w/d. Around the 4th day or so for me was always the worst. The worst of the detox will last at least 4-5 days so I suggest to do it like this so you will have some medication while you are going through the bad part of the w/d and immediately following.

  7. #7
    rnewton8 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    96

    Default

    Good idea, thanks for the post.

  8. #8
    rnewton8 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    96

    Default

    I saw my dr today and got a full script of my subs again and a script of 1mg klonipin 3x a day 1mg. I still want to get off >>>>>> with the subs doing a short taper. Now I have as many pills as i need plus something to help with sleep and anxiety. Can someone recomend a good short term taper. My habit I would consider low even though it is >>>>>>, just doing a few bags a day. And I was in rehab a month ago. So I was clean for five days a month ago. I suspect the withdrawals wont be that bad. I always have trouble on the subs though. The first day or two my they dont seem to work and I still get cold sweats and feel like ********************. By day 3, I feel that warm feeling like I have an opiate in my system. I cant do maintenence on the suboxone becuase my insurance ran out and i cant afford the high cost of those scripts. So anything longer than a 14 day taper is out of the question. I dont want to get hooked on subs.

  9. #9
    Robert_325 is offline Retired
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    16,689

    Default mewton8

    Glad you got some more suboxones. That will help you with this. Here is how I would modify the taper program to fit into a slower taper. Basically I would just change the amount of days at the levels I suggested earlier.

    Day 1 .... Day 4 8mg
    Day 5 .... Day 6 6mg
    Day 7 .... Day 9 4mg
    Day 10 .. Day 12 2mg
    Day 13 .. take the smallest piece you can break off
    skip day 14
    Day 15 ... take another sliver
    skip two days
    take another sliver
    skip three days and quit

    While tapering you can always take another sliver if you need it. Then you just start over trying to skip three days again. This allows for the long half life of suboxone. That is why you need a taper when you use it.

    This is a little longer than two weeks, but I would do it like this. You really need this much time using the suboxone for >>>>>>. You won't get addicted to subs during this time. We can't always just insist that this take a specific number of days. You need a little longer. Taking a sliver that I recommended above should be less than 1mg. Remember when you are tapering off this if things should become unbearable you can always take a little sliver more and it should help relieve your symptoms. Good luck.
    Last edited by Robert_325; 07-11-2008 at 09:52 AM.

  10. #10
    rnewton8 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    96

    Default

    thanks much

  11. #11
    rnewton8 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    96

    Default

    now all i have to do is wait till im in withdrawal. And im gonna wait a bit longer than 24 hours cause i dont seem to be that sick at the 24 hour mark, and every time i have tried taking suboxone, even when I was using heavily I still felt like ******************** the first day or two. Is that normal. I didnt feel like i was in full blown withdrawal, just cold sweats and insomnia. But by day 3 I felt great.

  12. #12
    Robert_325 is offline Retired
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    16,689

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rnewton8 View Post
    now all i have to do is wait till im in withdrawal. And im gonna wait a bit longer than 24 hours cause i dont seem to be that sick at the 24 hour mark, and every time i have tried taking suboxone, even when I was using heavily I still felt like ******************** the first day or two. Is that normal. I didnt feel like i was in full blown withdrawal, just cold sweats and insomnia. But by day 3 I felt great.

    Good choice. I intended to mention that you should really be in w/d for at least 36 hours from >>>>>> before doing the suboxone. If you are not in serious w/d yet, then DON'T waste the suboxone. It won't help you. In therapy they use what is called COWS ... clinical opiate withdrawl scale. It shows how severe your w/d symptoms are. I waited for three days after oxy. You will need at least 36 hours, maybe more. Good luck.

  13. #13
    sisterwin2 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    715

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robert_325 View Post
    Good choice. I intended to mention that you should really be in w/d for at least 36 hours from >>>>>> before doing the suboxone. If you are not in serious w/d yet, then DON'T waste the suboxone. It won't help you. In therapy they use what is called COWS ... clinical opiate withdrawl scale. It shows how severe your w/d symptoms are. I waited for three days after oxy. You will need at least 36 hours, maybe more. Good luck.
    OK.... now I am getting freaked... reading this I am beginning to think I am doing the wrong thing! I want to be drug free and I thought with the sub I would be... dosnt sound like it but reading the post between you guys. May I infringe on this a bit for some information?

  14. #14
    Robert_325 is offline Retired
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    16,689

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sisterwin2 View Post
    OK.... now I am getting freaked... reading this I am beginning to think I am doing the wrong thing! I want to be drug free and I thought with the sub I would be... dosnt sound like it but reading the post between you guys. May I infringe on this a bit for some information?



    Suboxone is a type of opiate replacement therapy for treating opiate addiction. It's a great process for becoming opiate free. What information are you wanting? Ask away???

  15. #15
    musicman48 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Usually on the road or in the studio.
    Posts
    812

    Default

    [.

    Day 1 .... Day 4 8mg
    Day 5 .... Day 6 6mg
    Day 7 .... Day 9 4mg
    Day 10 .. Day 12 2mg
    Day 13 .. take the smallest piece you can break off
    skip day 14
    Day 15 ... take another sliver
    skip two days
    take another sliver
    skip three days and quit

    Robert_325,
    Bless you brother, for what you are doing here, helping those who need help,guidance,support,info and the like.You are helping more than those visible on these pages.I have been lurking here and reading your post's for the last week or so and you have helped me without even knowing it.I am asking for some info from you now directly when you get time.I have worked my way up to an 80 to 90 mg hydrocodone daily intake over the last 4 years that started with 2 herniated discs and other back issues, also bad judgement on my part working my way up to this quantity of Lorcet.4 days ago I was prescribed Suboxone by a local Sub doctor who seems to be money motivated.He has already told me to plan on 6 months to a year of sub mainteneance.I started on 4 mg subutex 2 times a day for 3 days and today was switched to 8mg suboxone 2 times a day.I asked the doctor if this may be too much and he said to take 2 8mg a day for now whether or not I felt I needed that much.I only took 1 8mg pill today anyway instead of 2 and feel fine.I am ready for bed now and have felt fine all day without the second dose.Does this sound like the Dr is trying to give me too much? I really want to detox as quickly as I can but still be as comfortable as possible.I can get all the Suboxone I want from this Dr, but I really want to take only enough to get thru withdrawal from the hydro and quit the sub.I was wondering if the quick taper plan above you have mapped out would work if I doubled your numbers to make this a month long detox or even perhaps use the taper plan as mentioned the way it is for 2 weeks...whichever is best and still be comfortable.I do not want to take sub longer than needed " I do not want to become addicted to Suboxone !!It has really helped me this week tho .I know when used properly it is really helping alot of people like myself..I just don't trust this Doctor and do not want to use it long term.At least not long enough to become addicted. I am planning on a 6 month to 1 year intensive physical rehab locally here in town to help with my back problems for now and stay off pills . Any advice about the taper or amount I should or could take without becoming addicted would be greatly appreciated.Thanks again for all of your past posts !!!
    Last edited by musicman48; 08-29-2008 at 01:48 AM.

  16. #16
    Robert_325 is offline Retired
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    16,689

    Default musicman48

    I would be happy to share some suggestions with you. Glad I have been able to help you.

    When we are inducted at 8mg like you were there is no reason to increase that to 16mg if you are stable at the 8mg dose. This is how people get into this too much and can't get off. Very few people require 16mg. The 8mg dose is pretty standard. It's what I used as well.

    I would stay at 8mg until you have done this long enough to be past the opiate detox. That should be about three weeks to be sure. Then you will begin to taper down similar to what you posted above. But I would do 3-4 days between reductions in your dose. We can talk about that when you get there.

    For now continue with 8mg as long as you feel fine at that dose. Why would anyone increase the dose if they are doing well? Some of these drs are strange. I have no problem saying that we have worked with probably as many sub patients here as lots of these drs have. Read the forums. You see how many people here are doing this. Just stay in touch and we can walk you through this and then help you stop completely as soon as you are ready. Good luck and God bless.

  17. #17
    musicman48 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Usually on the road or in the studio.
    Posts
    812

    Smile

    I did not understand the increase today either.I let him know I was doing fine on 8mg a day.That is what made me think I could not trust his judgement.I will continue with the 8mg a day for now until I taper off. I do not have to break the 8 in to 2 doses.I took the 8mg pill and it lasted all day.I will probably be bugging you again in a couple of weeks when I start to taper if you don't mind.I am having major peace of mind talking with someone like yourself with all of your "real" experience.The people in my small town seem to have limited information on Suboxone..."I am not in the Houston area " lol
    God bless you too brother!

  18. #18
    Robert_325 is offline Retired
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    16,689

    Default musicman48

    Just want to suggest one more thing. It's not that important today but when you begin tapering down it's much easier taking a split dose. It will make sense when you do the taper and start skipping doses and days. For that reason I suggest taking 4mg when you get up and take the other 4mg late in the afternoon when you get off work. I promise this will help you later on. It's just simpler to go ahead and start doing this now. The others on here that are doing so well with this will support what I am telling you I promise. Stay in touch. God bless.

  19. #19
    musicman48 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Usually on the road or in the studio.
    Posts
    812

    Thumbs up

    Will do ! Thanks again!

  20. #20
    sisterwin2 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    715

    Default

    that second dose is helping me come to an end...... I even forget it at times so that means I am doing it right...... when I skip a day the next day I take the evening dose and not the morning.... I want to spread it out as much as possible. Only my opinion .... but working for me.

  21. #21
    musicman48 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Usually on the road or in the studio.
    Posts
    812

    Thumbs up

    Hi sisterwin2,
    Are you currently tapering off sub? So far it is working great for me other than I have trouble sleeping at night.I wake up after a couple hours of sleep and have trouble going back to sleep.I end up pacing the floors for about an hour or so with anxiety and eventually go back to sleep.I wake up about every hour after that.I have always had sleeping problems tho.I wake up in the morning ok..I used to wake up every morning feeling depressed and tired.Now I wake up and even before the first dose I feel ready to start my day.I started sub therapy this past Monday.The trade off of the sleeping problem is worth it to me .It is a minor issue compared to dependence on opiates..I am trying to stay short term on the sub to avoid addiction to it.I really like the approach of Robert_325.It seeems like a logical taper he really seems to know his stuff.These forums have been really helpful in my decision making.If you are tapering,how far along are you?I am going to search the forums this weekend to find others who may have used an approach similar to Robert's to see how they are doing..His advice has really helped me a lot. ..I started splitting my 8mg dose today.I just started suboxen yesterday after a 3 day induction on subutex.so I have really only had one day where I only took a single 8mg dose.Good luck to you!
    Last edited by musicman48; 08-29-2008 at 12:58 PM.

  22. #22
    sisterwin2 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    715

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by musicman48 View Post
    Hi sisterwin2,
    Are you currently tapering off sub? So far it is working great for me other than I have trouble sleeping at night.I wake up after a couple hours of sleep and have trouble going back to sleep.I end up pacing the floors for about an hour or so with anxiety and eventually go back to sleep.I wake up about every hour after that.I have always had sleeping problems tho.I wake up in the morning ok..I used to wake up every morning feeling depressed and tired.Now I wake up and even before the first dose I feel ready to start my day.I started sub therapy this past Monday.The trade off of the sleeping problem is worth it to me .It is a minor issue compared to dependence on opiates..I am trying to stay short term on the sub to avoid addiction to it.I really like the approach of Robert_325.It seeems like a logical taper he really seems to know his stuff.These forums have been really helpful in my decision making.If you are tapering,how far along are you?I am going to search the forums this weekend to find others who may have used an approach similar to Robert's to see how they are doing..His advice has really helped me a lot. ..I started splitting my 8mg dose today.I just started suboxen yesterday after a 3 day induction on subutex.so I have really only had one day where I only took a single 8mg dose.Good luck to you!

    I should be totally weaned off but I fear picking up again... so yes the taper worked great for me... I did also and still do have problems sleeping... In the beginning I didnt sleep for the first 10 days..or more.. I went to my reg doctor and he Rx me 25 mg of seroqueal.. I was afraid of it at first but then the lack of sleep for so long got to me also...I take it about every third nite. I go right to sleep and sleep thru the night unless the sweats woke me up.

    Be sure your taking your 2nd dose early enough... my first dose was about 5am then second by noon unless I forgot to take it to work... then as soon as I got home. The Sub made me a bit manic till I didnt need it anymore. Some docs preferred and I am sure it will work well trazadone. I can not take ambien and it dosnt work but short time anyway.... and the ambien cr made me dangerouse at nite. make sure your excerising as you can and eat 5 hours before bed time.

    Let us know how your doing

  23. #23
    musicman48 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Usually on the road or in the studio.
    Posts
    812

    Default

    I will not start tapering off for a couple of more weeks.Until then I am staying at 8mg a day.I am a Jazz musician who works late 3 or 4 nights a week so I am taking my 1st dose at 1030am and the second at about 5 or 5:30.That is a good point about eating earlier.I am also not going to have caffeine after 2pm.I am starting that today.I think coffee is part of the problem.I have not been a heavy drinker {3 or 4 beers a night} but I have not had a beer since last Sat so that is also probably causing me sleeping problems.I have been sleeping some. Could not imagine 10 days without sleep.That would cause some mental anguish I am sure.Tylenol PM actually has an opposite effect on me.It keeps me awake.I am wondering if any over the counter sleep aids can be taken with sub.I want to try to stay away from any presciption meds.I am going to try first limiting coffee drinking.The amazing thing is even tho I have not been sleeping well I still have energy during the day so far.Thanks for replying.These forums are quickly becoming therapeutic for me...Did you try tapering after long term use or short term use of sub? I will go back and read some of your prev posts.The first night I slept great but have had problems since.Like I stated before.The trade off is well worth it for me.I feel like I have made the right decision by starting sub.I know I am still in the early stages but so far I feel great about this.A sax player friend of mine who has a bigger hydro problem than me spent a weekend in jail about a month ago and he was withdrawaling and pacing the floors of a jail cell.At least I am pacing the floors of my own home and not in withdrawal.I hope you get the courage to stop altogether but I understand.I may end up with the same problem.I have extra incentive because I really do not care for my sub doctor.Thanks for your help and good luck to you.

  24. #24
    sisterwin2 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    715

    Default

    My sub doc sucked..... only interested in money and keeping me on the meds for yrs... he started me on 40mg which is unheard of and I was so manic I couldnt sleep..... I was not in enough wd... so for two days I really suffered and though "so much for no wd and wonder drug...

    Came here and got straighten out by ROb.... bless him

    I began july 11th and now on .25 every third day I think.... hehhee.. going day by day. In the beginning I could drop big doses and not untill I hit about 4 when I really had to slow up.. I first tried every three days but once began to feel badly then went to 5 days... Once I was on 2mg I dropped every 6 days ..... When I hit .5 mg I felt like I was getting sedated or high so I quickly went to .25 and now skiping days.. I was using alot and for most my life. few yrs clean here and there, but mostly using.

    I wont say what I am about to say will happen to you but I am pretty sure it happen to me....... I always from the beginning sweated like a race horse, and chills thru the hole sub life.... when I drop down to 2mg the sweats demminish alot but not the chills. then I woke up about a week ago and NO CHILLS or Sweats (other then menopause sweating/flashes.) I took .5 and got high, I knew then that I should immed wean off. I was done any withdrawl from the MEth, diludid and oxy's I had abused. Well that is my story in a nut shell... hope this helps.

    sister

  25. #25
    bev49 is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    queens, ny
    Posts
    678

    Default

    I am living proof that doctors prescribe sub at too high doses. I was addicted to opiates for over 40 years straight (30 years on methadone maintenance). The doctor started me on suboxone and said I could take up to 32 mgs. On day one I only needed 16 and felt no withdral. But I did suffer sleeplessness and anxiety. I quickly tapered down to 8 mgs. and took my second dose alot earlier in the day, by 5 p.m. That helped the sleep somewhat but not the anxiety. I recently got the doctor to switch from suboxone to subutex and it seems to have made a world of difference. I don't get that manic anxious feeling anymore maybe because of no naloxone. Most people shoud NOT take the high doses many doctors perscribe and if at all possible get the subutex as opposed to the suboxone.

  26. #26
    musicman48 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Usually on the road or in the studio.
    Posts
    812

    Default

    I am thinking about tapering to 4mg tomorrow......Splitting in to two 2mg doses...If I feel bad I will go back to 8mg a day...I have been taking 8 mg a day for 6 days now. 4mg twice a day except the 4th day when I was swithced from subutex to suboxen That day I took one 8mg for the day in one dose.After speaking with Robert_325 I switched back to 4 mg twice a day and have been fine. .From reading others posts, going down to 4mg I think I should still be ok,If anyone has a thought let me know.I would be cutting my dose in half just 1 week after I have started it.I think if if I can stablelize on 4 for a few days then i can go to 2 mg a day for a few days etc.My doc wanted me to take 16 mg every day but I have been fine on 8 mg.This is a great drug but I really only want to take it until I completely withdrawal from my 80 to 90 mg hydro habit.I have 12 8 mg pills lefy and it would be awesome if I could taper off without going back to my money hungry "rude bad attitude" doctor.If any one has a thought please let me know.Robert_325 if you read this let me know what you think about switching to 4 mg a day..If you get time.

  27. #27
    Robert_325 is offline Retired
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    16,689

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by musicman48 View Post
    I am thinking about tapering to 4mg tomorrow......Splitting in to two 2mg doses...If I feel bad I will go back to 8mg a day...I have been taking 8 mg a day for 6 days now. 4mg twice a day except the 4th day when I was swithced from subutex to suboxen That day I took one 8mg for the day in one dose.After speaking with Robert_325 I switched back to 4 mg twice a day and have been fine. .From reading others posts, going down to 4mg I think I should still be ok,If anyone has a thought let me know.I would be cutting my dose in half just 1 week after I have started it.I think if if I can stablelize on 4 for a few days then i can go to 2 mg a day for a few days etc.My doc wanted me to take 16 mg every day but I have been fine on 8 mg.This is a great drug but I really only want to take it until I completely withdrawal from my 80 to 90 mg hydro habit.I have 12 8 mg pills lefy and it would be awesome if I could taper off without going back to my money hungry "rude bad attitude" doctor.If any one has a thought please let me know.Robert_325 if you read this let me know what you think about switching to 4 mg a day..If you get time.


    I respect you for wanting to be so aggressive. However you have to give this enough time to be at least closer to being past your opiate detox before going to 4mg. I think it would be a mistake. The bad thing about suboxone is that it makes us feel so good, like we have beaten the detox. But you are still in opiate detox right now. It hasn't been long enough to be past it. The suboxone is working and making you feel so well. Please stick to the original plan. Otherwise you are going to go right into w/d and will have to start all over again with stabilizing. You will get sick if you drop so much now. Stay at 8mg a little longer. Lets talk about it again when you have at least two full weeks, maybe even three weeks of being on the suboxone. But no less than two weeks unless you are prepared to suffer w/d symptoms. Avoiding w/d symptoms is the original reason for using suboxone. No need to blow it off now. Just hang tight a little longer.

  28. #28
    musicman48 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Usually on the road or in the studio.
    Posts
    812

    Default

    Thanks Robert_325 you are probably right.Over confident from feeling normal.I will hang at least another week on 8mg and talk to you then.Thanks again man.you are right the whole point of going to all of this trouble is to do things the right way.I have read these forums so much now that the horror stories of sub addiction are worrying me.Maybe I should quit reading so much and and go to a movie or concert or somehing..lol...Thanks...

  29. #29
    Robert_325 is offline Retired
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    16,689

    Default

    You might even try a movie AND a concert if that will settle you down. Just relax. You will not be doing this for that long. Addicts want everything "right now". It's the way we think. You won't become addicted to suboxone I promise.

  30. #30
    musicman48 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Usually on the road or in the studio.
    Posts
    812

    Default

    Robert if you get time please check out my post about "any musicians here"I have a question for you when you get a chance.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22