Suboxone and OxyCodone HELP!!
    Anonymous Guest

Exclamation Suboxone and OxyCodone HELP!!

Hello all,

Thanks in advance for any advise. I am a 21 year old male. I've been recently abusing Oxycodone 30mg pills for the last 6-8 months or so. On average, I do 60 mg a day. I have been trying to come clean and get off them for the last 3 months but have failed miserably. This stuff has destroyed my life and I am about to lose my long term relationship. I really want to get clean now ASAP.

I have obtained 4 Suboxone 8 mg pills from a friend. I plan to use these to get off the Oxycodones. However I want to do this fast in a period of 3-4 days; very short term. I plan to cut each pill into 4-5 pieces and take them as needed, only once a day if I can get away with it.

Can i just instantly switch over to Suboxone or do I have to gradually titrate off the Oxy's first? If so, to what level do I have to titrate to before I begin taking the Suboxone. I also know I must be in full withdrawal before I start.

Also, I have heard you can get seizures by simply stopping Oxy. Is this true? If so, is it likely? I've never had a seizure before in my life.

Thank you so much for any advice!

Dom

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Dschlic1 View Post
    Hello all,

Thanks in advance for any advise. I am a 21 year old male. I've been recently abusing Oxycodone 30mg pills for the last 6-8 months or so. On average, I do 60 mg a day. I have been trying to come clean and get off them for the last 3 months but have failed miserably. This stuff has destroyed my life and I am about to lose my long term relationship. I really want to get clean now ASAP.

I have obtained 4 Suboxone 8 mg pills from a friend. I plan to use these to get off the Oxycodones. However I want to do this fast in a period of 3-4 days; very short term. I plan to cut each pill into 4-5 pieces and take them as needed, only once a day if I can get away with it.

Can i just instantly switch over to Suboxone or do I have to gradually titrate off the Oxy's first? If so, to what level do I have to titrate to before I begin taking the Suboxone. I also know I must be in full withdrawal before I start.

Also, I have heard you can get seizures by simply stopping Oxy. Is this true? If so, is it likely? I've never had a seizure before in my life.

Thank you so much for any advice!

Dom

Dom ... I would like to help you. I mean that. But you don't have enough suboxone to do this. You don't even have enough to get you past the worst of the opiate detox. No need to even bother with five pills. That will barely get you inducted. You can break them up however you like and you still just don't have enough medication. If you can obtain some more suboxone we will be happy to help you. Otherwise you should look into the Thomas Recipe on this forum for opiate detox. You've got to have enough pills for them to work or it's a waste of time.

Hydra is offline Member

Default Roberts right

and also . . . you need to be in moderate to severe W/D BEFORE taking the sub . . . or it will have the opposite effect and send you into the worst w/d of your life . . . most drs say at least 36 - 48 hours with no pills for moderate w/d, and most severe is usually days 3 -4. Do not just start substituting the sub for the oxy . . .you WILL get miserably sick.

HW

sisterwin2 is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by hydrowhore View Post
    and also . . . you need to be in moderate to severe W/D BEFORE taking the sub . . . or it will have the opposite effect and send you into the worst w/d of your life . . . most drs say at least 36 - 48 hours with no pills for moderate w/d, and most severe is usually days 3 -4. Do not just start substituting the sub for the oxy . . .you WILL get miserably sick.

HW
    I was in moderate wd and I tellyou............. NOT enought.... I was sick for two days. everyone is different but I do wish I would of waited a bit longer...I only waited about 35hrs and it was not enough. I was using oxy's and meth at the time so maybe just with oxy's you can just be in moderate wd.

I agree with Rob that you do not have enough..... the wd from oxy's in my experiece (and had alot of that) lasted me 3weeks of what I would call severe wd. I would go out and get at least three weeks worth of subs..... then you need to wean down slowly so you need at least 6 weeks worth. THEY are worth every penny you spend when you look at the whole scheme of things.

bmonkey is offline New Member

Default My experiance

I have heard the same things about stopping oxy with suboxone but I would like to share my personal experiance in hopes it may help someone cause it differes greatly from the above reactions I snorted oxycontin / Oxycodone for a lil over a year straight starting with around one forty a day and towards the end snorting multiple 80s a day sometimes in excess of 340mg a day my last hit was three 80s in a period of about 4 or 5 hours I have tried pretty much every home remedy I could find on the net including omegas, L-taurine with vit b vit c , emodium ad ( heard in effects receptors in your stomach ,Dxm, Those mood vitamins multi vit. and melitonin for sleep and Nothing even came close to helping except DXM (caugh syrup) and it made me disfunctionle LOL but any how went threw a couple days of pure hell I wont try to describe the symptoms just trust that I guarentee if you had half a clue to what it felt like you would have nightmares about little pills with oc on them. Any who the part that doesnt match up is i was told by a doc that you have to be down to 30mg of oc a day b4 switching to suboxone I took half a suboxone and it not only made me feel 100% better My cronic pain was gone also now I have to be honest i snorted it also but in my experiance if i snort half it is as strong and lasts as long as a whole one takin correctly.I am fully aware that It was counter productive for me to miss use it in that way but after i finnaly quit i have slipped back and takin a couple roxys and contrary to what ive heard I can take roxys till if i was to stop i would DT pretty bad but I found that the day after I took a roxy i can snort a quarter of a suboxone and I am not only ok but I am better than ok for all day and i can make one suboxone last 4 days and when it was gone the withdrawles were nothing compared to stoping the oxy Im happy to say Ive now been cleen for 3 months lol had a kid it was time to grow up but a trick that helped me (Im aware that no doc will condone this and I dont recomened anyone going against a trained healthcare provider) but I would not ween down at all but stop cold turkey I would purposly go thru bad withdrawles for a period of between 48 and 56 hours then I would take whatever i wanted to one last dose im not sure why it works on me or how but it feels like during the period of withdrawles tricks my body into thinking its not getting what it needs so it slowly starts to make it again then once its started i took one more dose and it brought me back up to normall and when it wore off because my body was making it i wouldnt go back down anywhere near as bad it was like the physical withdrawles were shortened from a little over a week to only 3 days dont get me wrong it didnt help the mental withdrawles at all but for the most part I wasnt hurting and my stomach wasnt on fire Now please people whatever you have to do to stop ,,stop !! You will distroy your life I lost almost everything and you should not make plans to exicute Dt's based on my post or anyone elses you will save yourself alot of pain by talking to a physition trust me look around there are doctors who actually care and will try to help you I found my doc by going to a suboxone website and there was a link that said find a doctor certified to prescribe in your area good luck and god bless

Fuse8499 is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robert_325 View Post
    Dom ... I would like to help you. I mean that. But you don't have enough suboxone to do this. You don't even have enough to get you past the worst of the opiate detox. No need to even bother with five pills. That will barely get you inducted. You can break them up however you like and you still just don't have enough medication. If you can obtain some more suboxone we will be happy to help you. Otherwise you should look into the Thomas Recipe on this forum for opiate detox. You've got to have enough pills for them to work or it's a waste of time.
    Dude, this is the most inaccurate information I've ever read. 4 - 8 mg tabs is MORE THAN enough to kick a 60 mg oxy habit. You're telling him to take more than what he has. He's not looking to get addicted to Suboxone. He just wanted to kick his oxy habit. I realize this thread is 5 years old. And I hope the OP got off the oxy.