Suboxone and Jail
    kevin9494 is offline Member

Default Suboxone and Jail

Hi guys,

First off let me tell you how much you guys have helped me in my first couple months of switching over from a very high dose of methadone to Suboxone. Now I find myself in another pretty big jam. My past has caught up with me and its time to do the time for the crime. I have been on 16mgs of Suboxone for 7 months with all clean urines. On June 4th I have a hearing for which I will probably be spending 3 to 6 months in the county jail. Should I start detoxing now?? I feel like filling a syringe with about 20 bags of dope and slamming it right in my arm. I was never in jail before NOT ONE DAMN DAY. Also swore I never would be, but we all know that lifestyle everyone's fair game. How sick am I gonna be?? Will I be able to defend myself?? Anyone who thinks they can help me Please let me know. Thank You. Kevin.
    I hope this isn't the last time we speak. God Bless.

Dave87666 is offline Member

Damn dude I feel bad for ya..If your hearing is only in a few days,and if they take you to jail from right there I dont know what to tell you about detoxing..Yu wont have enough time to drop from 16mgs/day to none in any comfortable way...Get back to us and let us know when it is that you will "go away" if you even know...Until then call your Suboxone Dr. tell him/her whats going on and see if you can get advice over the phone or if your Dr. can fit you in for a visit before yor hearing...Let us know how it goes!

Oh and dont even think about bootin 20 bags,county is NOT as bad as many people think it is..Its just gong to suck if you have to do it while going through w/d,but you wont be the only one there doing that...

1 more suggestion,couldnt you talk to your lawyer,and see if you can get probabtion since you're now actively in recovery..Maybe he he defended you saying that you've been in recovery for close to a year(hey lawyers lie),and going to jail will be hurting your chance at staying clean...Just a thought,try it out..

Do they not give you your prescribed medication in jail? We used to employ prisioners and I know they got maintenance meds. But that was like BP meds, etc. Good luck man.

the suboxone lady is offline New Member

Hey I think you will be o.k. If you have gotten through >>>>>> W/D you can get through BUP W/D! One time, I ran out of my subox over the weekend and it wasn't that bad for me. I had a little bit of chills(hot,cold) and that was it! Everyone is different though. They do say that the W/D is much milder in the little info things the pharmacy gives you. I would definately ask if you could get it in jail though. Good luck!

kevin9494 is offline Member

Default Thanks guys!!!

Thanks to all of you for your support. I am meeting with my lawyer today at 11:30am. We going to see if we can plea down from a felony to a misdeamenor. If so, I may be able to get home monitoring (ankle braclet) and weekly urine tests and lots of fines I'm sure. I'll take that anyday over jail. Again thanks for your support I will keep you all posted on what's goin' on. Kevin.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave87666 View Post
    Damn dude I feel bad for ya..If your hearing is only in a few days,and if they take you to jail from right there I dont know what to tell you about detoxing..Yu wont have enough time to drop from 16mgs/day to none in any comfortable way...Get back to us and let us know when it is that you will "go away" if you even know...Until then call your Suboxone Dr. tell him/her whats going on and see if you can get advice over the phone or if your Dr. can fit you in for a visit before yor hearing...Let us know how it goes!

Oh and dont even think about bootin 20 bags,county is NOT as bad as many people think it is..Its just gong to suck if you have to do it while going through w/d,but you wont be the only one there doing that...

1 more suggestion,couldnt you talk to your lawyer,and see if you can get probabtion since you're now actively in recovery..Maybe he he defended you saying that you've been in recovery for close to a year(hey lawyers lie),and going to jail will be hurting your chance at staying clean...Just a thought,try it out..

mpvt is offline Platinum Member

Running out of suboxone for a couple days doesn't come close to a suboxone withdrawl.You would still have a good serum level of buprenorphene after a couple days so you likely wouldn't have any withdrawls other then selfi induced anxiety which is bad enough.This person needs to get down on his dose quidkly and try and stabilize on as low a dose as possible.Good luck to you......Dave