Like Tree2Likes
Suboxone isn't helping withdrawal..!! help?
    nogills is offline New Member

Default Suboxone isn't helping withdrawal..!! help?

Ok, Ive been reading a lot on here about people taking suboxone and it helping them a lot. I have been on >>>>>> for about 2 years straight now, and do about 100 - 150 worth of it a day. I finally decided enough was enough, and went and got some suboxone. I took two 8mg pills this morning when I was at the height of my withdrawal, and its like 6 hours later right now and I am still DYING, I can barely sit here and type this. Does anyone know what the problem is? Should I have taken more? The last time I shot >>>>>> was last night, about 20 hours ago. Please help!!?

-Taylor

Robert_325 is offline Retired

You're in precipitated w/d. You didn't wait long enough before doing the induction.

You should STOP all suboxone use immediately. Yes, you won't feel good but we can let the subs wear off and then I can induct you properly if you are so inclined. I do this every day and can help you, but you have to do what I say.

If you want my help let me know. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

I would love for you to help me. In order to do so I know I've got to be honest with you. Since this suboxone didnt help my withdrawals, I did a shot of >>>>>>, and suprisingly I actually got a rush out of it and got high. Its been an hour since I did my shot, I will stick to your plan if you help me, I want to be off of it so bad, I just..am wondering if methadone would help me more with w/d compared with suboxone. Ive heard suboxone helps more with people who take pills, and methadone helps more (if used by tapering) is better for >>>>>> withdrawals.

If you want to stay on maintenance for life methadone is the way to go. IF you want to stop then it's suboxone. Whether you're taking pills or shooting smack it doesn't matter if you want off. Suboxone will work for either just fine, in fact, it's easier

I'm not bragging but I have forgotten more about opiate replacement therapy than most people who claim to know about it will ever know. I don't care what you've been shooting in your arm, leg, ankle, neck or whatever. If you'll do EXACTLY as I tell you to do I can get you clean.

You've got to do exactly as I ask you to do for this to work. That's all I require, you do as I ask as I am so busy working on this forum. It's your call. >>>>>> or pills, I can get you totally clean including the subs in less than 90 days if you'll follow the instructions to the letter. Hope to see you choose the route that will save your life. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

Ok. I am ready to quit I really am and Ill do whatever you tell me.

nogills .....Starting right now you don't take ANY opiates of any kind, not any >>>>>>, no pills, no methadone, no opiates period. You don't need to consume ANY opiates ever again if you want to succeed at this. NONE while waiting to start sub induction.

Go to the following link. Pay close attention to the induction section especially the section on the COWS worksheet. Stay in touch. I'm here every day and i won't disappear on you. God Bless.

http://www.drugs.com/forum/featured-...apy-50887.html

purpledog is offline Banned

Smile nogills, subs will be worth it

nogills, i did same as you and went into precipitated withdrawls, not nice at all. once you get inducted properly, after waiting till you are in FULL WITHDRAWLS, on that cow sheet, not before::: i did and i suffered.
    anyway once subs are working properly in you, you will feel great, i did morphine, >>>>>>, then a long stay on methadone, (20 years ish all up)and thought i would never get off. i started on 12mg and now i am on 4mg right after 7 weeks.

it is so worth it mate, go for it, and wait out till you are REALLY SICK. i know it sucks, but it is gonna feel so much better once you are on subs.
    good for you stopping shooting,
    i havent done iv for 7 weeks, absolutely NO CRAVINGS AT ALL FOR A HIT.
    it is sooo good at stopping you being sick. its quite awesome really.
    just a new kiwi on subs giving you some support pal
    purpledog

bev49 is offline Banned

I would NEVER go the methadone route after only using >>>>>> for 2 years. Meth is good for hard core long time >>>>>> users. If for some reason your were to go the meth route, the only thing that might be ok would be a meth detox where they bring you up then down quickly. You statement about meth for >>>>>> and subs for pills is completely false. They both take away withdrawal. You can just get off the sub more quickly if you do it right.

RubyDean is offline Member

nogills, welcome! I know how hard it can be to wait it out in the throws of withdrawal, but you have to do it. I was a junky for 2 years as well with a big habit. You need to follow the COWS worksheet closely and be honest about your score. Just know while you are struggling to take it hour by hour and keep pushing knowing that there is relief soon to follow. It is not a time limit, so don't think that since it has been 24 hrs since your last fix you will be ready. It takes a while to score high enough to be inducted. You only have to do this once, so make it count! I know you will be fine, so many junkys had to suffer like that for much longer to get better, and we are much more fortunate today to be able to use suboxone to help. Once you are inducted, you really need to follow Robert's suggestions on the taper plan. Trust me you don't want to be on the subs for too long.
    If you do it right, you can be done in about 3 months or so. All the will. Just focus on the task at hand, this is by far the most difficult and critical part.

So exactly how many mg's of suboxone should I start off once I am in total w/d ? Ive done about $100-$150 of >>>>>> a day for 2 years straight. Do you think 12mg would be sufficient enough for me?
    Last edited by nogills; 09-01-2009 at 11:27 AM.

RubyDean is offline Member

When you are ready, and I mean READY, Robert will walk you thru it. Hopefully tou can do it right here online with him guiding you. It is hard to say exactly how much you will need. Most folks, even with habits like yours can get inducted as low as 4-6mgs. Sometimes 8mg...??? Most likely you will start with a small amount, like 2mg, and wait an hour, then see how you feel, take more as needed to you feel good. Robert will walk you thru it, and take care of you. You are really in good hands and a fortunate soul. peace&love.

Freedom4me is offline Advanced Member

Nogills,
    It is critical that you listen to Robert and do an HONEST score on the COWS worksheet. Just feeling ********py is not enough. You saw what happened when you did that. I have seen him work miracles on this site with people. You don't need to worry right now about how much you will take. Just stay in bed and watch your COWS score and don't cheat on it. In fact I would go the opposite direction and be really hard on myself when scoring. If you do that, Robert will tell you how and how much to begin with the subs. I am very proud of you for taking this step. It takes a tough cookie to do that. It's going to be great watching you come off the subs with no discomfort and then be drug free for life. Good luck and keep posting!
    Jenny

gripster is offline Junior Member

hey..i just started sub today after using 20 bag a day herion habit. they gave me 4mg there and 4 mg to take later(already took it)..i dont feel to good, any helpful ideas to feel better? should i take another 2mg?

purpledog is offline Banned

Cool nogills,

no gills 12 mg will be MORE THAN ENOUGH. after all you only have a 2 year habit, and it was >>>>>> lots more short acting than methadone, and i had been on that for over 10 years, i started on 12mg 1st day, but 2nd day i had 10mg. now i am on 4 and can honestly say, i havent noticed a single drop. i basically have dropped 1mg a week, im nearly on week 8,
    dont start too high bro, its a lot stronger stuff than you think.
    in fact like bev says, and intel, and lots of others, with subs, less is more ,due to the ceiling effect. im humming along nicely on 4mg, due to drop to 3 next week.
    good luck, wait properly so you dont have precipitated withdrawls, they suck big time.
    hope you get on a low dose, so you can get off pretty quick as well.
    good on you
    purpledog

Quote Originally Posted by gripster View Post
    hey..i just started sub today after using 20 bag a day herion habit. they gave me 4mg there and 4 mg to take later(already took it)..i dont feel to good, any helpful ideas to feel better? should i take another 2mg?

Before you do anything else, you need to start your own thread so Robert can find you and keep up with what you're doing. Frankly, I don't think you're going to feel better any time soon... If I'm educated enough on the subject, I believe what whoever "they" are "there" have put you into what is known as precipitated withdrawal. You absolutely should not have started the Subs yet. You have to be in full-blown opiate withdrawal before you begin the suboxone, but it is a procedure (induction) that must be closely monitored by someone who knows what they are doing. While those who dispensed the Subs to you may have meant well, they are obviously clueless as to how to utilize this very strong medication. Get your own thread started and don't take ANYTHING else - >>>>>> or Suboxone - until you talk with Robert. Please.

Quote Originally Posted by SmlUGotFrenchs View Post
    Before you do anything else, you need to start your own thread so Robert can find you and keep up with what you're doing. Frankly, I don't think you're going to feel better any time soon... If I'm educated enough on the subject, I believe what whoever "they" are "there" have put you into what is known as precipitated withdrawal. You absolutely should not have started the Subs yet. You have to be in full-blown opiate withdrawal before you begin the suboxone, but it is a procedure (induction) that must be closely monitored by someone who knows what they are doing. While those who dispensed the Subs to you may have meant well, they are obviously clueless as to how to utilize this very strong medication. Get your own thread started and don't take ANYTHING else - >>>>>> or Suboxone - until you talk with Robert. Please.

Sorry, I didn't see the other thread.

kelsonpw is offline New Member

Default help suboxone not taking away withdrawals

so i inducted my self on suboxone about 8 hours ago.... waited 25 hrs after >>>>>>... took 8 at first wasnt good enuff took 4 still had w/ds and then took 4 more (total of 16mg). I STILL FEEL LIKE I AM IN WITHDRAWALS

I am cold and freezing, anxious, and my pupils are dilated. I did not have precipitated withdrawals like i havee had before. HELP!@ does suboxone not work for me

Denny_D is offline Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by kelsonpw View Post
    so i inducted my self on suboxone about 8 hours ago.... waited 25 hrs after >>>>>>... took 8 at first wasnt good enuff took 4 still had w/ds and then took 4 more (total of 16mg). I STILL FEEL LIKE I AM IN WITHDRAWALS

I am cold and freezing, anxious, and my pupils are dilated. I did not have precipitated withdrawals like i havee had before. HELP!@ does suboxone not work for me
    It sounds like you were NOT in moderate to severe withdrawals before you inducted on the Subs and went into precipated withdrawals. Not good my friend and it could get much worse. Not trying to frighten you in any way, but taking Subs must be done correctly the very first time!

And you have also taken way too many Subs to begin with. No one needs more than 4mg of Subs at the first induction in most cases. Just because you waited 25 hours doesn't mean that was the right way to do it. You need to use the COWS sheet (clinical opiate withdrawal scale) and obtain a score of at least a 26 or higher before you take that first dose.

DO NOT take any more Subs or ANYTHING else for the time being! That is imperative! Those withdrawals if they are precipated, will put you in a world of hurt and you may need to be going to the ER. Again not trying to frighten you, but just want to caution you to be aware. Is anyone with you at this time? Can you get help if needed?

Unfortunately I need to be off the forum right now. Hopefully someone will see your post and jump in and help you. If not then you shouild make a new thread and ask for the help of Robert 325 in the title and he will see it and post to you and get you taken care of as best he can. Don't wait too long. I am so sorry I need to leave right now. Can't be helped. Good luck and Godd Bless....Denny

p.s. I will be back as quick as I can and do everything to help you. Hang on my friend! It will be ok I'm sure.

Anonymous Guest

if its any consolation, i know all about precipitated withdrawls. i was put on 12mg, and i suffered...
    BUT, i was not able to reinduct, like some people suggest, i had to ride it out, i took 10mg the next day, and by 5pm the next day i was feeling ok.

i went to bed for the time, and suffered, but didnt need to go to the ER or anything like that. i was home alone and it was tough, but i made it.

your choice. either stop everything and reinduct properly.

or ride it out. but dont take 16mg again, that wont help. try only taking 8mg tomorrow.

it will improve tho...

sookie3 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by cheekysod View Post
    if its any consolation, i know all about precipitated withdrawls. i was put on 12mg, and i suffered...
    BUT, i was not able to reinduct, like some people suggest, i had to ride it out, i took 10mg the next day, and by 5pm the next day i was feeling ok.

i went to bed for the time, and suffered, but didnt need to go to the ER or anything like that. i was home alone and it was tough, but i made it.

your choice. either stop everything and reinduct properly.

or ride it out. but dont take 16mg again, that wont help. try only taking 8mg tomorrow.

it will improve tho...
    I was in the same boat as you and Cheeky..my doc told me I'd only needed to wait 24hrs and that was off Methadone and I also went into precipitated withdrawals and had to cope with it.
    Like Cheeky I didnt need to go to hospital or anything I rode it out. I took a couple of Valium but that was it.
    Anyway listen to these guys they'll help you through this...Good luck!
    Last edited by sookie3; 12-10-2011 at 05:30 PM.

Just checking back with you to see how you are doing? Please post again if you are interested in some help. God Bless.....Denny

Quote Originally Posted by Denny_D View Post
    Just checking back with you to see how you are doing? Please post again if you are interested in some help. God Bless.....Denny
    not doing any bette r(( what do i do

not doing any bette r(( what do i do
    So glad that you posted, but sorry you aren't feeling any better. The large amount of Sub has just made a mess of things and you need to ride it out a bit and then we can begin over. Do everything you can to get through until tomorrow and we'll see how you feel then.

It has been about 24 hours since you took the Sub is that correct? Did you take any more after the amount you told of yesterday? I hope not. Anyway the half-life is up to 72 hours and maybe even longer with the Sub. This means that in about 72 hours half of the Sub in your ststem dissapates and half remains. Then in another 72 hours half of the remaining Sub dissapates and half remains.

This keeps going until the Sub is completely gone. Of course if you take any more Sub during this process it adds to the amount in your body and takes even longer. So please take no more right away. You need to wait a little longer and then we can re-induct you or just have you take a very small amount to hopefully pull you out of it all. That's the best we can do at this time with the amount in your system from yesterday. God Bless.....Denny

So glad that you posted, but sorry you aren't feeling any better. The large amount of Sub has just made a mess of things and you need to ride it out a bit and then we can begin over. Do everything you can to get through until tomorrow and we'll see how you feel then.

It has been about 24 hours since you took the Sub is that correct? Did you take any more after the amount you told of yesterday? I hope not. Anyway the half-life is up to 72 hours and maybe even longer with the Sub. This means that in about 72 hours half of the Sub in your ststem dissapates and half remains. Then in another 72 hours half of the remaining Sub dissapates and half remains.

This keeps going until the Sub is completely gone. Of course if you take any more Sub during this process it adds to the amount in your body and takes even longer. So please take no more right away. You need to wait a little longer and then we can re-induct you or just have you take a very small amount to hopefully pull you out of it all. That's the best we can do at this time with the amount in your system from yesterday. God Bless.....Denny
    yes it has been 24 hrs. i have not taken anymore sub, but i have been using H to make this somewhat bearable. thank you so much for your kind words. i just want to be on suboxone

yes it has been 24 hrs. i have not taken anymore sub, but i have been using H to make this somewhat bearable. thank you so much for your kind words. i just want to be on suboxone
    Let me get this straight. You took 16mg's of Sub 2 days ago and now you tell me that you have been using H to help keep the symptoms away? Are you kidding me? It's no wonder you are feeling the way you do! Taking the H is making it worse! Much worse!

You are in very big trouble my friend! I suggested to you to not take ANYTHING else to get you out of the woods. And that especially means other drugs. I can not do anything to help until you completely STOP using anything else. It is going to take some work to get you feeling halfway normal.

If you would like to get yourself clean please refrain from taking ANYTHING until we can begin the Sub induction again. This is going to take several hours if not a couple of days! God Bless.....Denny

Let me get this straight. You took 16mg's of Sub 2 days ago and now you tell me that you have been using H to help keep the symptoms away? Are you kidding me? It's no wonder you are feeling the way you do! Taking the H is making it worse! Much worse!

You are in very big trouble my friend! I suggested to you to not take ANYTHING else to get you out of the woods. And that especially means other drugs. I can not do anything to help until you completely STOP using anything else. It is going to take some work to get you feeling halfway normal.

If you would like to get yourself clean please refrain from taking ANYTHING until we can begin the Sub induction again. This is going to take several hours if not a couple of days! God Bless.....Denny
    it does help tho! im so confused

Anonymous Guest

the advice i gave you to carry on, with your subs, was just that. not use >>>>>> to get thru. the reason you still feel like shyte is coz subs bind tighter to your receptors than any opiate, so the >>>>>> wont even break thru...

you need to wait till all the >>>>>> is out of your system and then start again. and on a low dose to start. like 2MG AT A TIME. then wait at least an hour and see how you go....

did you even read the link denny posted.

its no wonder you are confused, you are only telling the whole truth when the going gets tough. you are either in this to get clean, or not. its your choice.

you had some good advice and went and did it your own way anyway.....

please wait till you are in moderate to severe withdrawl, (a 26 on clinical opiod withdrawl sheet) google it if you arent sure.. then you can begin to induct SLOWLY on the subs.

i used subs to get off a looooong methadone habit, and yes ive iv'd that too. so its possible to get clean using subs. you gotta want it tho...

ive been clean over a year now i know what im talking about....