Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
Suboxone Help... Im lost here!
    EMR_King is offline New Member

Default Suboxone Help... Im lost here!

I am just getting ready to start the taper. I do not have a doctor and get my pills from a street pharmacy. I have 3 big orange pills left and don't want to buy/do anymore. I am from Florida, and I moved to Maine. I have no support here-- my family that I do have here I haven't seen for 11 years, and they do not know about my addiction(s). I have been using the suboxone for about 6 months now. I don't even know where to start. I have no idea how much one pill is or the amount I do... about one pill every 4-5 days. All I know is I can't be in WD and look like a junky at work-- I just started a new career as an EMR (Electronic Medical Records) programmer, and I am often in the conference room with medical directors, doctors, CEO's, CFO's and etc. They will spot me out in seconds! I do alot of custom design work for suboxone clinics and community health providers, so these clients know the signs of an addict and their withdrawals. I'm lost... not even sure what I am asking for here. Just don't know what to do or where to start.

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by EMR_King View Post
    I am just getting ready to start the taper. I do not have a doctor and get my pills from a street pharmacy. I have 3 big orange pills left and don't want to buy/do anymore. I am from Florida, and I moved to Maine. I have no support here-- my family that I do have here I haven't seen for 11 years, and they do not know about my addiction(s). I have been using the suboxone for about 6 months now. I don't even know where to start. I have no idea how much one pill is or the amount I do... about one pill every 4-5 days. All I know is I can't be in WD and look like a junky at work-- I just started a new career as an EMR (Electronic Medical Records) programmer, and I am often in the conference room with medical directors, doctors, CEO's, CFO's and etc. They will spot me out in seconds! I do alot of custom design work for suboxone clinics and community health providers, so these clients know the signs of an addict and their withdrawals. I'm lost... not even sure what I am asking for here. Just don't know what to do or where to start.

Those are 8mg pills. So you're taking about 2mg per day or thereabouts. You need to pick an exact dose whether it's 2mg, 3mg or whatever so you can do the exact same amount each day. Then you start by reducing your current dose by 25% every four days as subs have up to a 72 hour half life. The four days allows for the half life to catch up with itself and make for a relatively painfree taper. We have been very successful here for years following this taper that I used on myself years ago and have worked with others here for years doing it the same exact way. There can be little modifications needed but that is why we communicate regularly here on the forum. If you want my help and direction I am here most every day. Let me know. Below is a link to the sub therapy process I use just as I wrote it for myself as I chronicled my own experience. God bless.

http://www.drugs.com/forum/featured-...apy-50887.html
    Last edited by Robert_325; 05-18-2011 at 10:33 AM.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert_325 View Post
    Those are 8mg pills. So you're taking about 2mg per day or thereabouts. You need to pick an exact dose whether it's 2mg, 3mg or whatever so you can do the exact same amount each day. Then you start by reducing your current dose by 25% every four days as subs have up to a 72 hour half life. The four days allows for the half life to catch up with itself and make for a relatively painfree taper. We have been very successful here for years following this taper that I used on myself years ago and have worked with others here for years doing it the same exact way. There can be little modifications needed but that is why we communicate regularly here on the forum. If you want my help and direction I am here most every day. Let me know. Below is a link to the sub therapy process I use just as I wrote it for myself as I chronicled my own experience. God bless.

http://www.drugs.com/forum/featured-...apy-50887.html
    Thanks. I am a little nervous because I haven't been completely clean for maybe 15 years... what is it like? Will my back ever stop hurting? I am under the assumption that the pain pill addiction has caused me back problems... I have never had any type of major injury to cause it, and i am only 31. That is the hardest part for me... once I go a few hours with out my back starts to really hurt. Is this a withdrawal? And will it go away eventually? Sorry to bug everyone with the same ol song and dance, but I am just completely and utterly scared at this point. Will I ever be sober again? Its now or never right?

Thanks. I am a little nervous because I haven't been completely clean for maybe 15 years... what is it like? Will my back ever stop hurting? I am under the assumption that the pain pill addiction has caused me back problems... I have never had any type of major injury to cause it, and i am only 31. That is the hardest part for me... once I go a few hours with out my back starts to really hurt. Is this a withdrawal? And will it go away eventually? Sorry to bug everyone with the same ol song and dance, but I am just completely and utterly scared at this point. Will I ever be sober again? Its now or never right?

Opiate dependency is terribly painful in itself. Every several hours the drug wears off and you go into a painful w/d. Most people who get clean find the majority of their pain disappears and things like Ibuprofen actually start to work for them.

I used for 35 years, so I understand your apprehension. There is no time like the present to begin to change your life and find out what it's really like to live. It takes a little while to adjust but living clean is awesome!

I've been clean now for nine years next month. I won't go into my war stories but trust me if a bottom-feeding scumbag like me can stay clean you can do it. Let me know how I can help you. And remember that you have to trust someone or something at some point to change. You were led here for a reason. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

Anonymous Guest

EMR....I know how you feel...you just want off the Subs but don't know how! You can trust Robert...he will not lie to you and will lead you in the right direction.

I am on his taper plan now and doing well. I want off Suboxone more than anything at this poing in my life. I had to let go and trust. So far, everything is going good and I am on track with my taper.

Oh, an to answer your question...my bet is YES, your back will stop hurting. Opiate addiction causes this rebound type of pain and the back is a very common area.
    EMR...if you are ready,, please join us here! Lots of good people, tapering off Subs and we talk and support each other.
    Robert and his methods, along with Henry, Melinda and others, have successfully gotten many, many people off Suboxone. You can feel good about the advice given here.

Nice to meet you!

Quote Originally Posted by aria14 View Post
    EMR....I know how you feel...you just want off the Subs but don't know how! You can trust Robert...he will not lie to you and will lead you in the right direction.

I am on his taper plan now and doing well. I want off Suboxone more than anything at this poing in my life. I had to let go and trust. So far, everything is going good and I am on track with my taper.

Oh, an to answer your question...my bet is YES, your back will stop hurting. Opiate addiction causes this rebound type of pain and the back is a very common area.
    EMR...if you are ready,, please join us here! Lots of good people, tapering off Subs and we talk and support each other.
    Robert and his methods, along with Henry, Melinda and others, have successfully gotten many, many people off Suboxone. You can feel good about the advice given here.

Nice to meet you!
    Thanks so much. I don't have many friends now since I moved and the old ones are bad news. I need friends that want the same thing I do (sobriety). I dont care if they are cyber-friends or not... just need support! This is why I joined this forum because after reading through some of the posts, I can see that there is alot of good people like myself with bad addictions. I need somewhere to vent and voice my frustrations/triumphs. Addiction isnt a normal everyday conversation you can have with everyone. If they are not addicts, they DO NOT UNDERSTAND! I am going to do this for the next 4 days: One pill, cut into 1/4 peices, and will do that as far into the day as I can stand (usually around lunchtime). Sound good?

One question though... is it best to do it all at once, or a little bit throughout the day?

Thanks so much. I don't have many friends now since I moved and the old ones are bad news. I need friends that want the same thing I do (sobriety). I dont care if they are cyber-friends or not... just need support! This is why I joined this forum because after reading through some of the posts, I can see that there is alot of good people like myself with bad addictions. I need somewhere to vent and voice my frustrations/triumphs. Addiction isnt a normal everyday conversation you can have with everyone. If they are not addicts, they DO NOT UNDERSTAND! I am going to do this for the next 4 days: One pill, cut into 1/4 peices, and will do that as far into the day as I can stand (usually around lunchtime). Sound good?

One question though... is it best to do it all at once, or a little bit throughout the day?

You need to dose at the same time each day. Do it either once or half the dose when you get up and the other half late afteroon. If you've been doing it once each day then I would continue that but DO NOT take it throughout the day. That is addictive behavior. You need to get yourself into a structured regimen that you follow every day exactly the same. That is the ONLY way to maintain a taper plan that will work for anyone. Hope that helps. God bless.
    Last edited by Robert_325; 05-18-2011 at 12:13 PM.

You need to dose at the same time each day. Do it either once or half the dose when you get up and the other half late afteroon. If you've been doing it once each day then I would continue that but DO NOT take it throughout the day. That is addictive behavior. You need to get yourself into a structured regimen that you follow every day exactly the same. That is the ONLY way to maintain a taper plan that will work for anyone. Hope that helps. God bless.
    Got it... and unfortunately I do have bad addictive behavior. I struggle with it everyday. If I didn't try not to, I would be high all day everyday. I was at one point. I kind of now feel like I am with the suboxone too now... feel "high" (sluggish and tired with a little dizzy feeling)all day, but now I don't really want to be. Thats a good thing I think (the not wanting to part).

Got it... and unfortunately I do have bad addictive behavior. I struggle with it everyday. If I didn't try not to, I would be high all day everyday. I was at one point. I kind of now feel like I am with the suboxone too now... feel "high" (sluggish and tired with a little dizzy feeling)all day, but now I don't really want to be. Thats a good thing I think (the not wanting to part).

If you do this taper like I ask you to do it the high will go away. You're using too much sub if you're high. It will go away soon, I'll promise you that. You just have to listen to EVERY little point I'm giving you as it's very important for the taper to work.

We will get you on the lowest possible dose you can sustain yourself on, so there is little room for error. That's why I need to hear from you daily (at least for now) until we get you on track and I can see how you react to my suggestions.

Being on subs six months is not ALL THAT BAD. I've had people show up here from European countries where they've been on this medication for ten years. That makes it a little tougher, though the same principles still apply. I see people here all the time that have used high doses of subs for several years and we get them cleaned up.

Just give me a chance is all I'm saying. I know how to do this but that is useless without your TOTAL cooperation. God bless.

If you do this taper like I ask you to do it the high will go away. You're using too much sub if you're high. It will go away soon, I'll promise you that. You just have to listen to EVERY little point I'm giving you as it's very important for the taper to work.

We will get you on the lowest possible dose you can sustain yourself on, so there is little room for error. That's why I need to hear from you daily (at least for now) until we get you on track and I can see how you react to my suggestions.

Being on subs six months is not ALL THAT BAD. I've had people show up here from European countries where they've been on this medication for ten years. That makes it a little tougher, though the same principles still apply. I see people here all the time that have used high doses of subs for several years and we get them cleaned up.

Just give me a chance is all I'm saying. I know how to do this but that is useless without your TOTAL cooperation. God bless.
    Oh I am with ya man... 1/4 pill per day starting today (already did it earlier) for first 4 days. That sounds ok right? Like I said I really didn't keep track of each day usage, but know one pill lasted about 4 or 5 days.

I will be on here all day while I am in the office, and I have a blackberry so I can get threads all evening too. I will keep you and everyone else reading my progress everytime there is some! Its already helped today just to have a conversation about it!

Anonymous Guest

If you do this taper like I ask you to do it the high will go away. You're using too much sub if you're high. Just give me a chance is all I'm saying. I know how to do this but that is useless without your TOTAL cooperation. God bless.
    EMR....I was on a high dose (24 mgs/day) for 3 years. I HAVE to trust Robert and Henry...if I didn't, I would be a basket case at knowing what has been done to me.

So far, I am feeling better every day and they have promised me that I WILL BE CLEAN.

I am down to 6 mgs/day and will be lowering my dose again here soon. I know Robert has helped others that have been on it longer than me.
    His way is the only way I have read of that shows a way out of the Sub-tunnel with the least amount of w/d and the shortest, reasonable amount of time.
    As with any taper, you will have some discomfort and you have to do some work...but it is so worth it to be clean!

Cyber-friends are great...the only drawback is real-time hugs are not possible.

Good luck EMR and hope you join us!
    TriedandTired likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by aria14 View Post
    EMR....I was on a high dose (24 mgs/day) for 3 years. I HAVE to trust Robert and Henry...if I didn't, I would be a basket case at knowing what has been done to me.

So far, I am feeling better every day and they have promised me that I WILL BE CLEAN.

I am down to 6 mgs/day and will be lowering my dose again here soon. I know Robert has helped others that have been on it longer than me.
    His way is the only way I have read of that shows a way out of the Sub-tunnel with the least amount of w/d and the shortest, reasonable amount of time.
    As with any taper, you will have some discomfort and you have to do some work...but it is so worth it to be clean!

Cyber-friends are great...the only drawback is real-time hugs are not possible.

Good luck EMR and hope you join us!
    Thanks again... I am definitely going to follow Roberts advice. I have come along way, and this is the last obstacle in my way to sobriety! I am excited and nervous... I am willing to work through the hard parts... I know its not going to be completely easy from here on out. I would guess that even after I am done it will still be a struggle everyday... I know it is with the other habits I have kicked! Thanks for the support.

I hope you continue on the right track too... its funny to look back and see what led you down this road to the point you are now. Its like "how tha hell did I end up here?" The whole thing is just so strange to me...

I am going home... I will be online via blackberry, but I will post in the morning for sure to show my progress.

daydreamer76 is offline Member

Red face

hello,sorry to jump inhere,but i dont know how to start a threadi am on the suboxone strips,8mgs twice a day.i wan to taper as well,but dont know how to cut them into 1/4??i dont like the side affects,and i wan to be cleanso if u dont mind me hanging out here i would like to taper as well,with roberts help..i need the support,and advice i am a single mother to 3 kids 18,17,and 2yrs.my youngest is legally blind,i wan to be clean for them,and me..hope to hear back from everyone

Anonymous Guest

Hi daydreamer...you'll need some plain old razor blades. They work best for cutting. Fold your strip in half, crease it, and on the line just press down firmly with a razor blade. Presto! You have two 4 mg pieces. You do the same with them, fold in half, crease and press down with razor blade, you will have 2 mg pieces...so on and so on.

I am on a 2 mg piece and a 1 mg piece twice daily for a total of 6 mgs.

I am on my way off!

You will do very well from 16 mgs on down to about 4 mgs...from 4 mgs on down, it is harder work because of the half-life. There are a lot of us here tapering...you can do it!

Quote Originally Posted by daydreamer76 View Post
    hello,sorry to jump inhere,but i dont know how to start a threadi am on the suboxone strips,8mgs twice a day.i wan to taper as well,but dont know how to cut them into 1/4??i dont like the side affects,and i wan to be clean so if u dont mind me hanging out here i would like to taper as well,with roberts help..i need the support,and advice i am a single mother to 3 kids 18,17,and 2yrs.my youngest is legally blind,i wan to be clean for them,and me..hope to hear back from everyone

You obviously got hooked up with a goofy sub dr that put you on 16mg like they almost all do. You need to drop to 12mg daily immediately. I'll get you down to an acceptable dose quickly and you won't even feel it .... trust me. Lowering your dose from 16mg is a piece of cake. You are feeling the adverse side effects because of the very large dose you're on.

I will be happy to help you if you will just do as I ask. The way I do this leaves little room for error so I need your total cooperation. I can have you totally off the subs in two months give or take a couple weeks if you follow the suggestions I give you to the letter and it will be relatively painless.

There is room here for two of you. In fact you can both see how the other is doing as it helps having others you are doing this with. I'm here most every day. I hope to hear you're on 12mg tomorrow.

The film strips are 7 / 16" long. So i/16" is 1mg. Use a very accurate ruler and a single edged razor to cut the strips. You'll need one full strip and 1/4" tomorrow. Take half of it (eyeballing it is okay) when you get up and the other half late afternoon or very early evening. Stay on that exact same time and dosing schedule every day and keep that dose for a few days letting me know how you're doing. We will talk tomorrow.

I've been doing this a long time and know how to do it. Have faith as you ended up here for a reason. God bless.

hello,sorry to jump inhere,but i dont know how to start a threadi am on the suboxone strips,8mgs twice a day.i wan to taper as well,but dont know how to cut them into 1/4??i dont like the side affects,and i wan to be cleanso if u dont mind me hanging out here i would like to taper as well,with roberts help..i need the support,and advice i am a single mother to 3 kids 18,17,and 2yrs.my youngest is legally blind,i wan to be clean for them,and me..hope to hear back from everyone
    Hey no worries daydreamer! You can hop right on the challenge with me if you want. I don't know about the strips, but I see a lot of people starting to get those now. I no the feeling of wanting your life back... I think we are in the right place! So anyway, stay right here and post your concerns and progress along with me. Good luck!

No sweat tonight... other than the mental fight I had with myself wanting to do it out of boredom. I did not... this is probably going to be one of the hard parts for me. I am so used to being an addict its like second nature to me. I think my brain is wired pretty strongly that way by now!

Anyway, I am feeling fine (obviously its only been 9 hours) and I was curious if I should take it at the same time everyday, or hold out as long as I can before I take it. I dosed last at 12:30 this afternoon, so I will wait at least until then tomorrow... I think I could go longer though... what do you think Robert?

@daydreamer: where'd you go?

No sweat tonight... other than the mental fight I had with myself wanting to do it out of boredom. I did not... this is probably going to be one of the hard parts for me. I am so used to being an addict its like second nature to me. I think my brain is wired pretty strongly that way by now!

Anyway, I am feeling fine (obviously its only been 9 hours) and I was curious if I should take it at the same time everyday, or hold out as long as I can before I take it. I dosed last at 12:30 this afternoon, so I will wait at least until then tomorrow... I think I could go longer though... what do you think Robert?

@daydreamer: where'd you go?

NO holding out as long as you can. It's a very important part of the success of thiis taper that you have a steady and regular dose the same time each day, the correct amount each dose, don't change ANYTHING. This is a taper using subs so that you don't have to cold turkey and suffer. You will be successful and be relatively pain-free if you do it like I'm saying. God bless.

hey i am here,i had a therapy appt.earlier then came home cooked dinner,and put my kiddo to bed,busy day..glad to hear back from u guysi will start tommorrow off with 12mgs half in the morning ang half in the early afternoon..i thought my dose was to high cause after my second dose i always get a major headache,dizzy,nasous etc..so glad to have ur help robert,and emri dont wanna do this alone.will be back 2morrow around 10-11 a.m my daughter naps around that time so i have good hour to give an update and also see how ur doing emr..thanx again hope u all have a good nite.and god bless u all
    Last edited by daydreamer76; 05-18-2011 at 10:07 PM.

I will be participating in an online staff meeting with my fellow church leaders tomorrow morning from 10:00 - 11:00 CST. But then I'll check in. Have to bear with sometimes as I am involved in a lot of activities at church. God bless.

Smile

i completley understand robert,i am busy as well,with my daughter being legally blind and other disabilities i have my hands full always"never a dull moment"praying emr is doing well tonite..going to bed have a great nite,and god bless starting my 12mgs tommorrow,after reading success story after success story i have faith this can be done..ty u so much for taking the time to do this

Man I should have started taking the dose in the morning before work... Now I have to sit here and suffer at work for 3 and a half hours with a runny nose, back ache, and fatigue. Can't get anything done! I feel terrible right now.

Man I should have started taking the dose in the morning before work... Now I have to sit here and suffer at work for 3 and a half hours with a runny nose, back ache, and fatigue. Can't get anything done! I feel terrible right now.

I figured this might happen. It's only been a day since we started this. Go ahead and take your dose but don't come back this evening and say that you're miserable at home in the evening. You have to stick to the SAME time every day. Go ahead and take the dose now and continue taking it when you get up each day. God bless.

I figured this might happen. It's only been a day since we started this. Go ahead and take your dose but don't come back this evening and say that you're miserable at home in the evening. You have to stick to the SAME time every day. Go ahead and take the dose now and continue taking it when you get up each day. God bless.
    Man I am such loser! Dang it! I did it... needless to say I feel much better. I am NOT the type to come crawling back this evening whining about wd... I still have alot of pride and dignity left! I will take it at the same time every morning... right before work. So Robert, does this set me back at all? I have still only taken the same dose- once yesterday at 12:30 and then today at 10:30. Tomorrow will be 8:30. Am I ok with that? Do I need to go an extra day on that dose?

I really am trying here, and so far I have not had a big issue except the wd at work... I can handle it at home, but at work its very unprofessional! Slouching in my chair all hunched over, sniffling, mumbling- its friggin gross! What an awful addiction! I am committed to your program Robert... don't bail on me!

Man I am such loser! Dang it! I did it... needless to say I feel much better. I am NOT the type to come crawling back this evening whining about wd... I still have alot of pride and dignity left! I will take it at the same time every morning... right before work. So Robert, does this set me back at all? I have still only taken the same dose- once yesterday at 12:30 and then today at 10:30. Tomorrow will be 8:30. Am I ok with that? Do I need to go an extra day on that dose?

I really am trying here, and so far I have not had a big issue except the wd at work... I can handle it at home, but at work its very unprofessional! Slouching in my chair all hunched over, sniffling, mumbling- its friggin gross! What an awful addiction! I am committed to your program Robert... don't bail on me!

I'm not going to bail on anyone because they had a rough first day.

People are emotional wrecks when they get here. I understand that. Let's just pick up where we left off and we'll see how you're doing in a couple days. Then we'll decide about your next reduction together.

Just take that dose when you get up and we'll move forward. I'm about to go into a meeting so I will talk with you later today. God bless.

Talking

hello all..well,i took my 6mgs at 7:30a.m.feeling good,no differant than taking 8mgsso,will take the other 6 around 3;30p.m and see how it goessorry to hear u r having such a hard time EMR,keep ur head up,it will get better!!the only thing i have going on is this constant headache but i have had one since starting the suboxone,i thing i am having a reaction to the blocker??will keep u all posted,hope this evening is better for u EMR.gonna take a nap,my daughter is napping so better get a cat nap b4 she wakes..

hello all..well,i took my 6mgs at 7:30a.m.feeling good,no differant than taking 8mgsso,will take the other 6 around 3;30p.m and see how it goessorry to hear u r having such a hard time EMR,keep ur head up,it will get better!!the only thing i have going on is this constant headache but i have had one since starting the suboxone,i thing i am having a reaction to the blocker??will keep u all posted,hope this evening is better for u EMR.gonna take a nap,my daughter is napping so better get a cat nap b4 she wakes..
    Hey good to hear from ya! The subo sometimes gives me a headache too. Usually something with high caffeine will knock it out... mountain dew, coffee, etc.

I was a little wimpy about it this morning. My thing is with the whole idea of quitting is that I can't be wd-ing at work. I have a newly started career in a very professional atmosphere (come along way from peddling dope on the street!), and there is no room for a junkie falling out from wd here. I am actually making a suboxone treatment program for a community health center now-- isn't that ironic?

Well thanks for the support daydreamer... I was wondering were you went too! I probably post too much, but whatever helps I guess! Enjoy the nap... I wish I could take one!

Anonymous Guest

EMR....a lot of things in life are no accident! I think it is no conicedence that you find yourself at this time and place

Try to relax....do not cause yourself anymore fear than necessary. I'm probably the worst to give that advice but it is so true!

I was afraid when starting my taper as I had previously messed a taper up by going too fast and went into withdrawal.

There is no time to start like NOW. Be fearless and know that you wil be taken care of here. You will not be asked to do anything faster than you are comfortable with.

My taper mentor, Henry, has been wonderful about allowing me to go only as fast s I am comfortable with.

I post a lot too! I thought that maybe I posted too much but realized that it might be of help to someone else on down the road. Plus, it gives me something like a journal to go back and read over time to gauge how far I've come.

I'm looking forward to seeing how you both do...EMR and daydreamer. You both are in good hands here!

Thanks aria14! Its good to hear from you.

I had a general question... to take the 1/4 pill is easy. You cut it in half and then half again. How do I go down from there? Do you suggest weighing it out on digitals? I mean, you have to be completely accurate with dosage right? If one day is 1 mg and the next is 1.5 that will through the whole taper concept out won't it?

hello all..well,i took my 6mgs at 7:30a.m.feeling good,no differant than taking 8mgsso,will take the other 6 around 3;30p.m and see how it goessorry to hear u r having such a hard time EMR,keep ur head up,it will get better!!the only thing i have going on is this constant headache but i have had one since starting the suboxone,i thing i am having a reaction to the blocker??will keep u all posted,hope this evening is better for u EMR.gonna take a nap,my daughter is napping so better get a cat nap b4 she wakes.

The headaches are due to the dose. If you were adversely reacting to the naloxone in the subs your symptoms would be more intense and diverse. I don't know why but I've found that Excedrin MIGRAINE works great to help with the sub headaches. Give it a try. You won't have any problems dropping your dose, don't even be concerned with it. God bless.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast